• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Genshin Impact

pkmin3033

After sparking some amusing negative responses as a "BOTW clone" because of similarities in visuals and certain gameplay elements, Genshin Impact has gone to be received moderately well by critics, and generated $60 million in revenue in its first week, becoming one of the biggest global launches of a Chinese game publisher.

Anyone playing this? Any thoughts on how it has gone thus far and improvements you'd like to see? Who is your favourite character and why is it Fischl?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    I'm playing it. I don't usually play games so I'm just having fun exploring and doing stuff to be honest. I'm mostly playing for the characters and it's fun to explore the world. That said, the girls do deserve better outfits! All of them are really similar and have usually scarce clothing, some mild 'boob windows', and like... leg windows? I don't know, the designs are bad! Compare with the ones that the boys get and... ugh. I think maybe like Noelle has the best design, then Barbara, Jean and Sucrose. I hope they add more outfits for everyone, would make it cooler to play. My favourite is probably Noelle followed by Amber. Noelle's voicelines are great! So are Amber's, she's full of joy and I love it. I also love Barbara's voice acting, she did amazing, especially with that 'raspy' aspect, I love it. It's also fun to play with friends.

Years
  • I've been playing a ton!!! I really loved it at the start just for exploration and story alone. I've hit the point that I'm starting to feel the grind a bit and just have to do daily quests, but it won't be long until the next update when there will be some more stuff to do. I know gacha f2p is bad in general, but for it being a contiunally updating game when I've already spend a ton of time in it and I don't really have to pay, I think I'll be sticking with it for awhile.

Playstyle I like ninnguang and razor the most! Character wise I like razor, he's a simple boy.

Lumina

Lucid Melody
    Years
  • I played a lot right away but not so much anymore, now I usually just come on, do a couple missions, then go off. So far my fave of chars I have and use is Xiangling.

Years
  • Been playing it a lot, spent about 80 hours playing before I ran out of area to explore but I'm fine just doing my 10-30 minutes a day while waiting for the updates. I didn't expect a game to give me infinite content but I also wasn't expecting as much as I got up front. I use Fischl, Xiangling, Venti and Chongyun; with the first and last in that list being my DPS and the two middle ones being my secondary DPS/Support. Going to dump my primogems into the Zhongli rate up and if I get him then some time down the line I'll work on a Geo team with him and Ningguang.

I've made it to Floor 10 Chamber 1 before the reset but haven't tried going further because F10 is pretty rough without a second water character. I'm nearly AR44 at the moment. I don't really have anything in particular to grind besides recipes and combing Liyue with a chest map to get the last 200 or so chests I missed, I'm working on getting good 5* Artifacts with the resin regen but its clearly designed to be something that takes a long time to pad out the dead time between updates so I'm not in a rush to complete artifact sets. Just working on getting an Anemo set for Venti since that seems like the most valuable set to aim for right now. The time it takes should speed up considerably once I get to AR45.

I was just going to use it to scratch my BotW 2 itch but I'll be sticking with it. 1/10 its alright.

Daisuke Mitsuharu

Punching Bag
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2023
    Have to echo what nina & Lumina have said. It's a pretty game, that's definitely one of its selling points. The open-world environment as well. Currently, there's not much to do after the main story/Archon quests aside from the commission quests/abyss/farming boss encounters & dungeons with resin. On the bright side though, the 1.1 update is basically around the corner, and it seemed epic from what I saw in that CN live stream. Free Fischl upcoming, so you must be happy about that, OP.

Been camping out on the Genshin reddit for new leaks relating to 1.1, and apparently, the Childe banner is next in line, followed by Zhongli's banner? If so, more time to hoard resources for Zhongli! I'll likely still throw some primogems at Childe though...

Spoiler:

Also Fischl isn't actually my favorite character. Call me a normie, but Keqing has my heart <3. Fischl still cute, though. That Chunnibyou schtick of hers is pretty endearing. Teyvat Historia has an interesting video about her if you don't mind checking it out. Covers some of her backstory, I think.

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
    Years
  • Life is interesting.....in a thread about Genshin Impact we have an ad about Genshin Impact XD

Anyway I was waiting for this sort of thread.
    Yeah I started playing it it because it's free but then continued because I was having a lot about f fun playing it. Like Darkmaster 006 said, the outfits for girls are similar and stupid.
    So far that's my only complaint.... otherwise I think it's really neat how you get such a huge game with a bunch of stuff to do for free. I'm not going for any pulls so I can easily avoid spending irl money on it.
    I'm enjoying it, and I love the music too. I now await the new update that's supposed to be released on 11/11

Years
  • and generated $60 million in revenue in its first week, becoming one of the biggest global launches of a Chinese game publisher.

dear god I knew it was huge but didn't realize it made that much so quickly. that's insane

I definitely like the game though, despite how little I've played it! the art is beautiful and the world is so vast and immersive. I'm still player rank 8 and have been playing only occasionally since I find the PC controls awkward, but am sure I'll adjust. been hearing a lot of complaints about how little there is to do once you've played a lot and seems like others here are pretty much confirming that. 10-30 minutes a day is very little and with a game as nice-looking as this one, I really don't think they'd want their players to be limited to so little gameplay. hopefully it's improved /:

I'll....catch up to others eventually. but for now I am happy to admire the venti I pulled <3

Years
  • I just stick to 10-30 minutes a day because I dont have time every day, I've been at the timewall for a few weeks but I still have things I can do (Collect every chest in Liyue, master every recipe, farm mats in advance, fight the respawnable bosses) but I'm leaving those for when I feel like playing a lot on a weekend.

The reality is that meaningful content is finite, I already knew that going in and I thoroughly enjoyed that initial 80 hours of just exploring a new open world, between work and sleep all I would do is play this game for those 10 days. I'm ok with waiting half a year for a new region to spend another 40 hours exploring for the first time.

Years
  • Finally started playing more again, currently at the Raptor quest. Getting more used to the PC controls. Geez though, I feel like I'm awful at this game, I keep falling by accident and my characters faint lol. Think I accidentally dashed and fell 3 or 4 times when trying to clear the glide license quest segment.

Years
  • I play on and off on my iPhone, currently in process of trying to get the glide license. It's a really cute game so far. I've only done like two or three pulls, and unlocked Noelle (which.,.,everyone does), Barbara (which you unlock for free at like level 18.,), and uh Beidou. I like Lisa quite a bit.

Amber is the worst.

Setsuna

♡ Setsuna Scarlet Storm!!
    Years
  • All of my friends have been playing the new update since it's come out recently and I've mainly been listening to them talk about it. I've been too busy with another game to pick it up though I'm excited for the update once I go back to it.

I mainly just log on to do commissions, some grinding for ascension materials, and then log out so I usually end up playing a couple hours a day max. Last I played I was AR36, and my friends kept asking me how I was way ahead of them. I didn't know how to tell them I don't play for very long every day after they grind for several hours...

My team is Chongyun/Amber/Noelle/Barbara, though I'd love Diluc instead of Chongyun for DPS and maybe I'll use Fischl instead of Amber to prevent having 2 Pyro users.

The biggest struggle personally has been trying to hold a friend of mine back from spending money because she hasn't pulled Tartaglia yet...
    Amber is the worst.

You're breaking my heart, Amber will still be my favourite no matter what anyone says... ;;

Years
  • I've been playing it and I just arrived Liyue. My luck with the gacha has been terrible: lots of duplicates of characters I don't use much, no 5 stars yet and the only 4 star weapons I've got are bows (when my only archer is Amber) I'm enjoying it though.

Years
  • I've been playing it and I just arrived Liyue. My luck with the gacha has been terrible: lots of duplicates of characters I don't use much, no 5 stars yet and the only 4 star weapons I've got are bows (when my only archer is Amber) I'm enjoying it though.

lol... same. I think my last two 10-set pulls were all weapons. gacha in this type is very predatory, since they know almost no one wants weapons but probably wouldn't choose to make adjustments to what type of stuff can be obtained (like Dragalia Lost, which had wyrmprints (equippable items to characters that added certain stats, basically) in its roster that were eventually removed since people hated pulling them) anyway. I've definitely been tempted to spend often in this game. Happy with my Venti for now though, what I need to focus on is unlocking my characters since they're all still max lv. 20 :x

Years
  • lol... same. I think my last two 10-set pulls were all weapons. gacha in this type is very predatory, since they know almost no one wants weapons but probably wouldn't choose to make adjustments to what type of stuff can be obtained (like Dragalia Lost, which had wyrmprints (equippable items to characters that added certain stats, basically) in its roster that were eventually removed since people hated pulling them) anyway. I've definitely been tempted to spend often in this game. Happy with my Venti for now though, what I need to focus on is unlocking my characters since they're all still max lv. 20 :x

Luckily I got Diona after making that post so I have 2 archers now. The problem is the gacha only gives me support characters (including 2 Barbaras) so I kill the bosses very slowly. I just need a DPS and I could forget about the gacha for a while, Keqing or Razor would be great but I have no more wishes right now (I'm f2p). Until then I'll have to stick with the traveller and his support friends. Anemo Traveller>>>>>Geo Traveller btw

You are lucky with your Venti, he is great! One of my favourite 5 stars (I still have none)

Years
  • My luck has been phenomonal, I've pulled mostly characters and two of them are five stars with enough primogems leftover to still guarantee a rate up five star. I was stuck at Floor 10 but I got Childe and I think all I really needed was a second water character to help me deal with the Pyro Fatui in chamber 3, now that I have that I should be able to progress to Floor 11, maybe.

Years
  • Since last posting, I've pulled Tartaglia and Ningguang - I pretty much immediately added them to my roster. Tartaglia, especially, is so great to use! I'm working my way up to AR10 so I can proceed in the game. (I'm like 20 exp away from it lmao)

I'm not 100% certain I'm doing everything right as far as leveling everyone up goes, but I'm having fun :D

Back