• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Featured: It's Dangerous To Go Alone... Halloween writing event!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024

It's Dangerous To Go Alone! - Halloween Writing Event

Welcome to Create & Discover's Halloween writing event! In these scary times, you shouldn't write alone. Better write together with somebody else! Have you tried collaborative writing before? It's a lot of fun. Either you both take control of one or several distinct characters and have them interact with each other to form a story, or you take turns writing a few sentences or paragraphs each - either by planning together or by surprising each other in what direction the story unfolds... And of course, your story has to have some kind of spooky element to it. It is Halloween soon, after all >:)

How the event works

Reply to this thread to say that you are interested in participating. If you see another applicant that you would think it interesting to write together with, quote them or message them privately to see if they agree. Once you have writing partner, sign up properly in this thread through the form below. Pick one prompt to go with - it does not matter if several writing pairs picked the same.

You can include pokémon in your story, or make it completely pokémon-free. An easy way to write a story together is by utilizing an online pad (etherpad/titanpad/piratepad) or googledocs. The lower word limit for your story is 600 words.

You can sign up for this event until October 30th! Once you are signed up, you can start creating your short story.

Once you and your buddy have finished your short story, you should post it as a new thread in Fan Fiction & Writing and then post a link to there in this thread. Last date for sending in your finished story is November 6th! Don't wait too long with signing up (:

Those who finish their stories on time will have a chance to get them featured in PokéCommunity Daily!

Both writers will also be able to use the post with your story in the Meta Journey - it will give you a 50% chance to get a Hoopa! Don't be too sad though; if you don't manage to get the Hoopa, you will instead get a random shiny pokémon!​

Prompts...

"Do you think that's going to eat us?"

And then the cats started appearing.

Pumpkins aren't only for decoration

"Oh so we're lost in the woods and there's a lone cabin and nope, totally not another survival horror story featuring teens"

Costume party/contest

The silence was broken by the oddest of screams...

Usernames: (at least two people!)
    Chosen prompt: (only one!)

Participants

Winter & adventure - "Do you think that's going to eat us?"

Oddball_ & EtherealWizard - And then the cats started appearing. FINISHED

Bardothren & Bay Alexison - Pumpkins aren't only for decoration FINISHED

Last edited:

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • Ooooh, I want in! I can go with any prompt so hit me up~ I would preferably like to use Google Drive to write. :3

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'm in too! Of course c: I prefer writing in piratepad or something like that <3

@winter I'll happily write with you if you like, but can one use googledocs without logging in or do you have to log in?

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
    Years
  • Usernames: Oddball_ and EtherealWizard
    Chosen prompt: And then the cats started appearing.

Bay

Years
  • I'll join in the spooky fun as well. Whoever, whatever, whenever, hit me up and let's start writing!

I'm cool with google drive as well... and I think you do have to log into your gmail account to use your own Google Docs; however, I'm not sure if you have to be logged in to access a document from another person's Drive if you receive an invite.

Yo, I would be interested in writing this with you! =D If you're fine with this, let me know and we can make some arrangements!

Winter

Years
  • I'm in too! Of course c: I prefer writing in piratepad or something like that <3

@winter I'll happily write with you if you like, but can one use googledocs without logging in or do you have to log in?

I think you have to log in. :v

Years
  • If anyone else is interested in this, I'm game. I don't have a partner, but I have really slick hair and a used car lot with your name on it! OoOoOOooo! I sell lemons! No backsies! OoOoOOooO! Scary, huh? Anyways...

Grassstrand

Complete trash
    Years
  • If anyone else is interested in this, I'm game. I don't have a partner, but I have really slick hair and a used car lot with your name on it! OoOoOOooo! I sell lemons! No backsies! OoOoOOooO! Scary, huh? Anyways...

Hello there you. Seems like neither of us have partners for this :P Would you perhaps want to partner up with me? I'd love to participate in this, and I've never written a collaged story so this could be a great thing!

Winter

Years
  • Alright! If you want me, I'll log in or we'll do piratepad (;

Any favorite prompt?
    I don't have a particular prompt that I really want to do haha I'd rather you choose because they're all quite fun to try to me. XD

Last edited:
    Back