• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Weather

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • What do you think of how weather has been implemented into SwSh, both within battles and outside them in the overworld?

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    The best thing about weather is the sudden change in weather as you move through the wild area.
    Stuff like Snowstorm -> Sunshine -> Sandstorm -> Fog. It's so unnatural, yet so funny to me.

Years
  • Not a fan in the wild area. :< Some of them cover up raid dens, and the sudden transition from a giant blizzard to nothing at all from taking a single step is odd to me. Would have been nice if it were more gradual. Fine in battled tho, for the most part!

Years
  • i'm... mostly neutral towards it? it is unnatural how quickly the weather changes yes, but i do like how it brings about a different variety of pokemon every time, so there's that

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I feel that it could have been implemented far better. At least it isn't such an issue in the Isle of Armor - the transition between areas and hence weather changes is just plain done better.

I wise weather would be a thing in towns and some of the routes as well - it feels even more artificial when you only really notice it in the Wild Areas.

I think it was terrible. Too hot. Even when I was playing, I was looking at all this heat, and I was sweating. By the way, this is why I decided to buy an air conditioner.
    Well, I hope it wasn't too expensive. :V

Years
  • Yeah I feel like the weather transitions are a bit ridiculous in the wild area, I get that it brings up a variety of Pokemon but it's a bit overkill the amount it changes haha. I would much rather it be one weather type for the whole/maybe half of the area - in battles is fine tho!

Back