• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Have you ever stopped to watch anime?

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2018
    Every couple of months I need to let my mind rejuvenate, so I stop consuming any media from Japan and remember what it's like to be a normal American.

Bioses

Bloodthirsty Warrior
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2017
    Oddly, I have never lost my interest in anime, and I don't think I'll ever lose interest in it neither.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
  • I go through periods where I just don't bother.

That's why I usually prefer slice of life series, daily plots that I can relax and just enjoy as opposed to something plot heavy that requires my attention and retention of previous plot points.

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2020
    I've stopped myself because there is nothing to watch nowdays. Nothing that isn't linear or annoying. Won't learn from that.
    Was supposed to finish "Inuyasha" but never did (the last episodes, the "new" ones). The thing wasn't bad, just it wasn't the same anymore. Maybe working on a "Inuaysha" fansite drained me, who knows. Maybe one day. Hell, even reading wuxio-xianxia novels ain't my thing anymore. It's just lacking.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
    Years
    • Age 22
    • He/they
    • Oregon
    • Seen Mar 14, 2023
    Constantly. There are so many anime I want to watch, but I rarely ever bring myself to actually finish any. Most of the time I'll watch two or three episodes of a series and not touch it again for a few weeks.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
  • Yes.

Ever since I graduated high school I've been losing interest in anime. I'd say I've only watched two anime total? Maybe. But I've just lost a lot of interest in anime since I'm super picky about it nowadays.

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    There was a period about 3ish years ago where I rarely watched anime. This was mainly because I didn't have a Crunchyroll subscription and had watched the majority of decent anime on Netflix. If I did watch an anime series, it was usually one that I'd already seen (such as season 1 of AOT). My interest in anime picked up after stumbling upon Violet Evergarden and InyuYasha. However, I didn't start watching anime on a frequent basis until a few months ago. If anything, my interest in anime is currently the highest it's ever been (as I've completed 4 different anime in the span of a month and a half).

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Yeah, I'm more like, I never quite begin to watch anime. I watch one show, maybe two, and then I don't watch any more anime for months or years. It's just not my usual kind of media I guess :)

Uragirimono

this profile is embarassing dont look at me
    Years
    • Age 19
    • Seen Oct 6, 2023
    I barely watch anything nowadays even if I really want to because of how exhausted and bored I get. Kind of sad when my watchlist is so huge...

Interviewor

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2020
    Yes, I used to watch it a lot several years ago, but now I do it very frequently

Zero Seven

ψ(`∇´)ψ
    Years
  • My interest in the medium on a whole died out in my teens. I'll still watch/rewatch things, but usually they have to be pretty special (FlCl, Bebop, the Big O, Ghibli films etc)

One thing I always casually catch up on is One Piece. I've been reading/watching it since I was 13/14.

I would like to echo the sentiments that many have already expressed, including yourself. Although, I'm not entirely sure when it happened that lead to my lack of interest; it was very gradual. Occasionally, and maybe for nostalgic reasons, I would turn to the classic anime shows I grew up on. And yeah, One Piece is one of those.

I used to completely immerse myself in an anime; I couldn't get enough, and I waited with anticipation for each episode of a particular series I was watching. I would spend hours on Crunchyroll and had a premium account there for many years.

Recently, however, I started looking into anime again. I logged into my Crunchyroll account and started looking into new shows to dive into. I suppose I miss it, and I'm hoping I'll find a show that will remind me why I loved anime so much before.

Back