• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A torn boy alone in need of fix, and the pinch that cures the itch...

User19sq

Do you get addicted easily? Can you kick addictions when you need to? What are you addicted to now?

Ninjorf

Friendo
    Years
  • Rotate asprin and ibuprofen when trying to kick an addiction. It puts away the headaches and the different drugs are processed in different body parts (asprin in the liver, ibuprofen in the kidney). Also I am not a doctor and please do not do this without consulting a doctor.

string555

Banned
    Years
  • I'm hooked on phonics...

I'm definitely addicted to cigarettes. I've tried to quit a few times, but I end up getting (worse than normal) mental health problems. It really wasn't a fun ride. :(

But I also believe there are such things as positive addictions. For one, I'm addicted to learning.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I don't have any addictions currently but I was addicted a few years back. I think a strong support system is needed too! I was able to quit with help from my doctors and the resources they provided, like counseling from my psych.

Years
  • Yes, some foods. I have a hard time breaking bad habits, too. For reasons I won't go into I'm convinced I'm predisposed to addiction, like in a genetic sense.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • My grandma actually quit smoking cold turkey, so I like to think I've inherited the ability to kick habits just as quickly. My main addiction is the internet, and due to my living out in the boonies I've had to endure more than a few periods of times without it. And...I was fine. ^_^

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • Yes, some foods. I have a hard time breaking bad habits, too. For reasons I won't go into I'm convinced I'm predisposed to addiction, like in a genetic sense.

Yep. Food is definitely an issue. For me its carbs. I can eat bread/rice/pasta all day everyday. Thankfully I'm getting better at cutting down on the carbs and eating better carbs (like whole wheat bread and pasta, brown rice, etc).

Back