• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mauville City

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • Let's talk about the remake's version of Mauville. Mauville City was significantly different from the original in OR/AS. It is now a big mall, with many shops in it and places of interest. Most of these stores were not in the original, such as the mirror shop, the ribbon store, and the Pokemilage club. On the second floor, the place entirely consists of apartments. There is also a statue within the main area where the Pokémon Center is that is directly inspired by Lumiose City.

What did you think of this version of Mauville? I quite liked it. I also love how you can ride your bike in a "city" that's indoors.

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • I liked the old version of Mauville, but the new version was okay since it had all the different shops (no Game Corner though). It would've been pretty annoying to not be able to ride the bike inside, especially since the Day Care is literally right next to the city.

_pheebee

[I]Gosh! What's poppin'?[/i]
    Years
  • The only reason I visited Mauville in the originals was the Game Corner.
    All these new editions mean nothing to me, and do not entice me in anyway whatsoever.

So, Mauville is essentially forgettable to me now. :/

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Personally, I prefer Mauville city in the original versions and not the remakes. This is purely bias and my nostalgia speaking for me. Don't get me wrong through, I do like the redone Mauville we got in ORAS, but it just wasn't that memorable for me.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I prefer the original one solely because the daycare is right next door so you could easily ride your bike through the city without the screen taking that extra time to load

Gigadweeb

[b][i]The Black Swordsman[/i][/b]
    Years
  • I think I wouldn't have minded if it was more of a mid-lategame change that went from people living in the R/S/E style Mauville to living in New Mauville, with the 'new' New Mauville looking like the OR/AS Mauville except with portions underground. Could then have gym rematches here or something.

MudkipBoy

Ruby/Sapphire Veteran
    Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2024
    Might be old bias but I much preferred the original. Feels weird that as Pokemon gets objectively better RE graphics and scale the cities seem to be shrinking really. Felt like Mauville in ORAS was just a shopping centre, I missed having a city to explore.

On another note, RSE were amazing for integrating the region a way that hasn't been done before or since - they did away with most route gates so there was less disconnect between city and route. Mauville in ORAS added a little bit of disconnect.

Back