• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bidoof's Beginner Mafia: An Intro Game [Mafia Wins!]

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
Years
Bidoof's Beginner Mafia!
A Mafia Intro Game

GM: Bidoof FTW

New to mafia games and interested in playing a short, simple game without all those crazy characters and roles? Wanna learn some basic mechanics? This is the game for you!

In its simplest form, Mafia is played by two teams: the mafia and the innocents. At the start of the game, every mafioso is given a chat room to discuss the game with their teammates, whereas the innocents only receive the number of mafioso in the game, and do not know which players are mafia and which are innocents.

There are two phases: night and day. At night, certain players secretly perform special actions; during day, players discuss and vote to "lynch", or eliminate, one player. These phases alternate with each other until all mafiosi have been eliminated or until the mafia outnumbers the innocents.

Some players may be given roles with special abilities. Common special roles include: cop, doctor, and hooker, of which their ability descriptions can be found below.

Credit to user Muskratte on EpicMafia.com for the awesome role icons, and credit to Mana for the css formatting I am using.

This short beginner's game will introduce you to some of the basic roles in a mafia game utilizing the simple mechanics of Epic Mafia, an online version of mafia that is popular here in the Underground. This game is intended for very new players, either brand new or still adjusting! I will admit experienced players into the game to fill slots if we reach a point where it's necessary, but otherwise come on new players!

There's no plot and no frills in this game. Just good ol' backstabby fun.

ROLES

These are the roles for the game. You will receive a Private Message after Sign-Ups close which tells you what role you are. You do not have to share your role, and you may lie about your role during the game. Normally, people do not reveal their role publicly until they have information or need to defend themselves!

Villager x 4
Sided with the village, the basic vanilla role. Wins if all mafia are eliminated.

Doctor x1
Sided with the village, visits one person each night and protects them from death. Wins if all mafia are eliminated.

Cop x1
Sided with the village, visits one person each night and learns their alignment (Village/Mafia/Third Party). Wins if all mafia are eliminated.

Vigilante x1
Sided with the village, visits one person each night and kills them. If the mafia pick the same kill target the vigilante dies. Wins if all mafia are eliminated.

Fool x1
A third party role. Achieves a solo victory if lynched, but otherwise wins if all mafia are eliminated.

Mafia x1
Sided with the mafia, the basic mafia role. Wins if mafia outnumber village.

Hooker x1
Sided with the mafia, visits one person each night and roleblocks them (stop their night action). Wins if mafia outnumber village.

RULES
  • All PokéCommunity rules apply here.
  • To vote for a player, simply post "[Lynch] Username". This is standard practice in the Underground for votes. You may change your vote any time up until the end of a phase.
  • Each night phase will last 24h, while each day phase in this game will last 48h.
  • Do not post in the thread during the night phase! This will result in your elimination.
  • Keep game discussion in this thread or in chats designated for the game.
  • Sharing any PMs sent by the GM are not allowed. This includes screenshots of your PM or copying/pasting the text inside of your PM.
  • If you have any questions, please PM Bidoof FTW on Pokecommunity or Discord (DJ#5936). There is no such thing as a stupid question, the point of this game is to teach, and although I cannot give you advice on how to play, I will happily clarify anything about role interactions or game information.
  • Once you are dead you may have one 'death post' - you cannot reveal any information in this, even your own identity or things which are "obvious".

PLAYERS
Looking for 8+ players, the player amount will determine if roles like vigilante and fool are added, as well as determining the number of mafia and villagers. Post below if you'd like to join.
  1. Pecilia
  2. Easy Money Sniper
  3. Impulse~
  4. Neon Sword
  5. Sawsbuck
  6. TailsMK4
  7. Gimmepie
  8. Desinishon
  9. Mars
  10. Calzone407

Last edited:

Bidoof FTW

Years
I'll be starting this sometime this weekend, in the meantime, I will be keeping signups open.

Looks like we have enough for fool and maybe even vig as well!

Bidoof FTW

Years
Introduction & Syllabus
Night 0
24 Hours
Thank you all so much for signing up! I'm looking forward to taking you through the motions a mafia game.

The teams are...

dd4_zpshtnsjyed.png
dd4_zpshtnsjyed.png
dd4_zpshtnsjyed.png
dd4_zpshtnsjyed.png
dd9_zpsttn00kgb.png
YmfpHor.png
Aa75hYC.png
xbggmRl.png

VS.
dd_zpsjqytzoxu.png
dd2_zpsquaonvw4.png

DURING THE NIGHT
Each game of Mafia consists of two phases, a Day and a Night. During the Night, which we are currently in, you may not post. Some games will automatically eliminate you for posting during such phases, while others impose consequences against you.

In this game, we will follow the "night posts = elimination" rule, so direct all questions to Bidoof FTW via Private Message or Discord.

During this time, if you have a Night Action (such as the cop investigation, hooker roleblocking etc.), you may PM me your action and your target. During this time, the Mafia will also vote to kill a player by submitting a name to me through PM. Each Mafia member gets a vote in who to kill. Come Day, we may see the results of that work.

IMPORTANT NOTES

Remember not to share your role with anyone outside of this thread
- including people not playing. This is one of the most important rules of mafia, so be sure to abide by it. You may contact me via PM or Discord with any and all questions and I will be happy to help!

More instructions on how to play during the Day phase will come soon. For now, submit your Night Actions (referred to as NAs by players) if you have one. Villagers do not have a NA, so they must wait until Day. Remember to follow the other rules as explained in the opening post.

Thank you all, and may the game begin!

PLAYERS
As the game goes on, players will die and their roles will be revealed, any alive player will be listed as: "???"
  1. Pecilia as ???
  2. Miah as ???
  3. Impulse~ as ???
  4. Neon Sword as ???
  5. FlameChrome as ???
  6. TailsMK4 as ???
  7. Gimmepie as ???
  8. Desinishon as ???
  9. Mars as ???
  10. Calzone407 as ???

Spoiler:

Bidoof FTW

Years
All role PM's have been sent out! If for some reason you have not received a role PM, please PM me on PC or on Discord (DJ#5936)

Bidoof FTW

Years
The First Day
Day 1
48 Hours
Pecilia died! He was a Villager
dd4_zpshtnsjyed.png

dd4_zpshtnsjyed.png
dd4_zpshtnsjyed.png
dd4_zpshtnsjyed.png
dd9_zpsttn00kgb.png
YmfpHor.png
Aa75hYC.png
xbggmRl.png

VS.
dd_zpsjqytzoxu.png
dd2_zpsquaonvw4.png

DURING THE DAY
You may now post!!

During the day phase players should discuss information and attempt to suss one another out. Use logic and reasoning to work out which of the players might be lying, consider who you might use your next night action on, etc.

By the end of the day phase there will be a lynch - the person who is voted for by the most amount of players will be killed.

To vote, use the formate [LYNCH] username. Or, if you decide there is no-one yet suspicious, you may vote to [LYNCH] no-one.

This vote can be changed throughout the day phase, your last vote will be the one used when deciding the final outcome.

IMPORTANT NOTES
Both sides now have the possibility of useful information. It's up to you whether you should act on that straight away - consider the positives and negatives of outing yourself as an important role.

An important aspect of this game is the fool. If the village decide to lynch the fool then they will achieve a solo victory, and win on their own. Be careful not to hastily vote, you may be falling for a fool-trap, or perhaps the mafia have tricked you into killing one of your own.

PLAYERS
As the game goes on, players will die and their roles will be revealed, any alive player will be listed as: "???". Dead players will have their role revealed in the player list. If a player's role is blue, they were part of the town, and if their role is red, they were part of the mafia.
  1. Pecilia as a Villager
  2. Miah as ???
  3. Impulse~ as ???
  4. Neon Sword as ???
  5. FlameChrome as ???
  6. TailsMK4 as ???
  7. Gimmepie as ???
  8. Desinishon as ???
  9. Mars as ???
  10. Calzone407 as ???

Spoiler:

Years
Thanks for stating the obvious GP.

I know the safe route for today is to just vote no one and let the cop work at night
but that's just gonna kill the further discussion. Chances of PR getting killed or blocked are very high since we got small player pool. I got an idea for cop to share his investigation without outing himself ( I think we used this method in previous games)
Cop should definitely RR if they got a mafia.
if not then

We can all make our reads in posts but there should be one read that will contain

Stronginno [Someone](If they investigated inno), scum[Someone]

or inno [Someone], Strong scum [Someone]( if they got roleblock)

"Strong" one is the person cop investigated.

even if you don't feel they are inno or got no reads just do it in your last post when you're voting though it's better if its a solid read. That way when cop dies we can look back and see who they investigated or if they got role blocked.

[Vote] no one

Inno: Mars Strong Scum: Gimmepie

Last edited:
Years
Thanks for stating the obvious GP.

I know the safe route for today is to just vote no one and let the cop work at night
but that's just gonna kill the further discussion. Chances of PR getting killed or blocked are very high since we got small player pool. I got an idea for cop to share his investigation without outing himself ( I think we used this method in previous games)
Cop should definitely RR if they got a mafia.
if not then

We can all make our reads in posts but there should be one read that will contain

Stronginno [Someone](If they investigated inno), scum[Someone]

or inno [Someone], Strong scum [Someone]( if they got roleblock)

"Strong" one is the person cop investigated.

even if you don't feel they are inno or got no reads just do it in your last post when you're voting though it's better if its a solid read. That way when cop dies we can look back and see who they investigated or if they got role blocked.

[Vote] no one

Inno: Mars Strong Scum: Gimmepie

Can we not? hypoclaiming just breaks the game.

Mars

Lowlight
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 19, 2021
Not a fan of gambits like that either. Especially in a beginner game, where the main goal is to hammer in the basics.

That being said, this sure beats RVS. Everyone else is free to voice their opinions on this matter. Think a majority vote should decide whether or not we go along with this "plan".

Back