• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Following Pokemon EX

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2021
    you have to go to database go to common event go to 5th comment event that is empty name it Follower_Common_Event and click on command of that event and write script pbTalkToFollower then click on ok. then create any invisible event name it FollowerPkmn and also remember the id no ( in top left corner) of invisible event then ok and then go to event where you first receive starter and add the script pbPokemonFollow(ABC) ABC should replaced by the invisible event id no then ok then start a new game if you not start game it will say error so create a new safe file and done.

How should I goto database

YashPokeFan123

#PokeFan
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2023
    How should I goto database

When you open your project from where you open script editor there are 3 options on left of the button of script editor ( i dont remember) but any on these you have to click where you can edit tilesets,animation,common event it will be written there.

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2022
    Hey that's a great script right there, but I want to modify something, the distance between the trainer and the pokemon because i personnally use hgss overworld sprites and when the pokemon is too big the sprites are a bit superimposed. Thanks for the reply by advance!

Shashu-Greninja

"With great power comes great responsibility"- Whe
    Years
  • Can someone help me with something. I want the follower to go along with the player while surfing on the waterfall rather just going ahead of it. Thanks in Advance :D

Years
    • Seen today
    Hi, I have a problem related to Field Moves, I'm also using this:

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=417391

When I use the move from the party screen, Strength works fine (although the follower does not move towards the boulder). For Cut and Rock Smash, the Pkmn following me moves towards the event, but only jumps, without facing the rock or tree. When I use Headbutt, I get this error:
    Script '[PField_FieldMoves]' line 548 NoMethodError ocurred

undefined method 'x' for nil:NilClass

from 'PField_FieldMoves' line 548 in 'pbHeadbuttEffect'
    from 'PField_FieldMoves' line 597
    from 'PField_FieldMoves' line 592 in 'call'
    from 'Event_Handlers" line 140 in 'trigger'
    from 'PField_FieldMoves' line 40 in ' triggerUseMove'
    from 'PField_FieldMoves' line 55 in 'pbUseHiddenMove'
    from 'Modular Pause Menu' line 80
    from 'Modular Pause Menu' line 68 in 'call'
    from eval line 48 in 'runAction'
    from eval line 322 in 'pbStartPokemonMenu'
    from eval line 305 in 'loop'
    from eval line 325 in 'pbStartPokemonMenu'

And when I use Surf, the Pkmn also moves towards the water in front of me, starts jumping in the water, and I get this error:
    Script '[Sprite_Resizer]' line 330 RangeError ocurred

float 1.#INF out of range of integer

from 'Sprite_Resizer' line 330 in '_yeq_SpriteResizer'
    from 'Sprite_Resizer' line 330 in 'y='
    from 'RPG__Sprite' line 531 in 'y='
    from 'Sprite_Character" line 163 in 'shadow_update'
    from 'Sprite_DynamicShadows' line 157 in ' update_or'
    from 'Tilemap_Perspective' line 434 in 'footsteps_update'
    from 'Overworld Footprints' line 76 in 'follow_update'
    from 'Follower_Main' line 1008 in 'update'
    from 'Follower_Main' line 1118 in 'update'
    from 'Follower_Main' line 1117 in 'each'
    from 'Follower_Main' line 1117 in 'update'
    from 'Sprite_AnimationSprite' line 91 in 'footsteps_update'

Last edited:
    Years
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2024
    I tried to run the script, but it show an error. How am I going to fix it?

Code:
    [2021-05-10 15:59:22 -0400]
    [Pokémon Essentials version 19]
    [v19 Hotfixes 1.0.4]
    [EBDX v1.1.1]

Exception: NameError
    Message: uninitialized constant FollowerSettings::TOGGLE_FOLLOWER_KEY

Backtrace:
    [Following Pokemon EX] 004_Follower_Overrides.rb:679:in `update'
    032:Scene_Map:217:in `block in main'
    032:Scene_Map:214:in `loop'
    032:Scene_Map:214:in `main'
    357:Main:34:in `mainFunctionDebug'
    357:Main:18:in `block in mainFunction'
    014:Errors:70:in `pbCriticalCode'
    357:Main:18:in `mainFunction'
    357:Main:44:in `block in <main>'
    357:Main:43:in `loop'

Venomous_Zero86

Pokemon Chosen Ones (Coming Soon)
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2022
    RscFK0R
    yeah i was having the same error how do i fix this

Years
  • The script has been updated to v2.0.2

Added a failsafe incase sprites aren't properly named
    Added Compatibility for new Sprite Renamer from the Gen 8 Project v.1.0.1

Earhart

pilot supreme ☆
    Years
  • hi! i apologize in advance if i come off as a dumbass in this post, i acknowledge that i am not very smart when it comes to coding etc. i have downloaded and installed this plugin by following the instructions(taking the contents of the dl and dragging it directly into the game folder, then overwriting the existing contents). i've tried this on both my game project and a completely new copy of essentialsv19. i have also forced the game to compile the plugins by following the instructions above. however when i run the game in debug mode, it only shows a plugin called 'Overworld Shadows EX'. have i missed something here?(probably haha.) thanks in advance to anyone who replies to this post :)

Phye

The Eternal Night :.
    Years
  • It's the plugin. The creator has another plugin called Overworld Shadows EX that he began working on I assume and forgot about it and saved the name of the plugin to it before saving it to the download link. Because if you look in the script under 'do not change this ever' you can find the line 'plugin loaded Overworld Shadows EX' mentioned.
    So it's only a typo and should be working without any problems :P

Years
  • The plugin has been updated to v2.0.5

Changes:
    Made the "stepping animation speed" for Followers independent of Player speed
    Added fixes for followers interacting with bridges
    Fixed a crash with followers when surfing
    Changed alot of things related to surfing followers
    Added a failsafe incase people miss the 1st step in the instructions and don't close RMXP when installing the script

Incase you're wondering, yes the script is compatible with Essentials v19.1

Last edited:

Juno and Ice

Developer of Pokémon Floral Tempus
    Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Anyone else's pokemon constantly giving items when you talk to them?

Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2022
    Hi ! I can't figure how to add move routes to Following Pokemon. I keep getting errors during the event I'm trying to use it. Could you help me

Years
  • The plugin has been updated to v2.0.6

Changes:
    Fixed Follower appearing on top of player when warping from a map using "Transfer Player"
    Fixed Debug Warp moving player to impassable tiles
    Fixed many interactions of Following Pokemon with regular Dependent events
    Fixed bugs with Ball Open/Close Animations
    Fixed follower stranding the player on single tile islands in the water.
    Fixed many bugs related to surfing
    Made time taken for follower to get an item and/or increase its friendship be FPS agnostic
    Improved the code for the Following Pokemon sprite renamer
    Removed compatibility for Essentials v19.0 and Generation 8 Project v1.0.2 and below.

Years
  • The Plugin has been updated to v2.0.7. Here are the changes:
    • Added a toggle to prevent followers from always changing their direction, to closely mimic HGSS.
    • Added an option to add a key to cycle through the player's Party Pokemon in the overworld.
    • Rearranged almost all the scripts to make it easier to edit and keep track of changes.
    • Made the rate of animation of the Following Pokemon's overworld FPS Agnostic.
    • The status condition tones now have a pulsing effect, and the colors have been improved. They aren't bright and annoying to look at anymore.
    • The Following pokemon now gets 3x the friendship boost than it did earlier from being first in the party.
    • Fixed alot of the "map connection jump" bugs that Following Pokemon had.
    • Fixed some of the animation bugs when Followers were forcefully toggled off.
    • Added support for regular boolean arguements for toggling following pokemon on and off.
    • Made the maximum height for Pokemon to follow you in interior maps be 3m.
    • Removed alot of fluff that was needed for refreshing the following Pokemon after interacting with the party screen.
    • Removed compatibility for Generation 8 Project v1.0.4 and below.

Instructions under Usage of Script have also been updated to detail the new configuration constants as well as the dialogue and disappear conditions better.
    If you are updating from an older version, please make sure to delete the original plugin, so that the old changes don't overwrite the new changes.

Back