• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rowlet, Litten, Popplio and Iwanko all hide a secret! But what is it?

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
Remind me if the leak also mentioned the types for each of Rockruff's split evolutions (I know it didn't mention the types for the starter evolution forms).

From what I have seen the starters forms types are mentioned as fire dark, grass flying, and water fairy in one of the accurate leaks but I don't know which one. The rockruff typings have been guessed as a secret shared with the starters and "leaks" have given typing, but we don't have anything to truly prove it yet.

I can post them still if you'd like though.

Corruptodile

Ma chérie, Je t'aime.
Years
  • Age 30
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 19, 2016
I think the most likely secret is they have a secret form that rivals Mega Evolution, much like Ash-Greninja (or Satoshi-Gekkouga, which sounds much better).

I would be happy with a secret fourth starter though. They've already shaken things up with rumours of no gyms and stuff. Besides, in Pokémon Go, there's a secret method to start with Pikachu despite Willow showing you the three Kanto starters to catch.

skyburial

Orca Hype
Years
From what I was reading in the CoroCoro translation, the secret is related to Rockruff's evolution. It lends a bit of credibility to the "various" typings of Rockruff and the starters.

Years
So, the fake leaked Pokedex list (yes it is fake, CoroCoro scans confirmed it's fake) said Rockruff's possible evolutions could be part Dark, Steel, Fighting and Fairy.

Of those I could see Dark being very probable since I think a werewolf fits with Dark-type very well. Steel and Fighting I could see happening, but then there's the fourth one - I don't know how they'd pull of a Fairy-type here but we'll wait and see what next month brings.

Caaethil

#1 Greninja Fan
Years
So, the fake leaked Pokedex list (yes it is fake, CoroCoro scans confirmed it's fake) said Rockruff's possible evolutions could be part Dark, Steel, Fighting and Fairy.

Of those I could see Dark being very probable since I think a werewolf fits with Dark-type very well. Steel and Fighting I could see happening, but then there's the fourth one - I don't know how they'd pull of a Fairy-type here but we'll wait and see what next month brings.
While I'm quite unsure why we're making guesses based on confirmed fake leaks, a Fairy Rockruff evolution isn't too farfetched. The Fairy type can represent mythical creatures similarly to how Dragon does. Werewolves aren't exactly real, so a Fairy-Type Rockruff evolution would probably exemplify the magical, elusive, mysterious nature of the werewolf, I suppose.

Mis

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 26, 2016
It's an attack move called Z-power. Everybody has one.

Back