• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Let's Go] Which version do you plan on getting?

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I did consider to get both versions back then, mainly because I'm fan of both Pikachu and Eevee, but given that I'm still unsure on Let's Go! games just yet, I would start with Eevee version first, considering that Vulpix will be there as well. If I like these games as I play, I would get the Pikachu version later on.

Last edited:

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
I'll be getting Let's Go Eevee. I think Eevee are more adorable than Pikachu, and I like the idea of training up a jack of all trades normal type Pokemon.

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
Years
Eevee version! I can finally get that Eevee my rival stole from me all these years. That, and my friend is getting Pikachu. I'll get Pikachu sometime after Kingdom Hearts 3 is released next year.

pkmin3033

But if and only if they add proper controls to the game. If they're going to insist on motion control garbage then absolutely not. I want to actually play the game if I get it.

GlaceonBlitz

Professional Glaceon Trainer
Years
eevee vers, of course! I honestly love the eeveelutions, ooooooh!!

I also want to relive the moment of Eevee on your head while riding on arcanine in the trailer C:

Years
I'm pretty dead set on Eevee, but I'm also slightly hesitant because of the lack of partner evolution and whether choosing Eevee is going to be worth it in the long run. x.x

Claire Lilly

~Professional Vulpix Breeder/Trainer~
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 16, 2019
Once I will get a switch, I will choose most likely Eevee. But if I think that in the original 'Yellow', you could only get Pikachu as your very first pokemon and the fact, that you can't evolve your partner pokemon...
But only in 'Let's go, Eevee!' I can catch Vulpix and it's alolan form and this is absolutely my most favorite pokemon ever!

Last edited:

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
Definitely plan on getting the Eevee version of the games. Might even pick up the opposite version of it's decent. Need to invest in a Switch first lmao.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2022
Pikachu, I already pre-ordered it.

The starters can't evolve, and the store employee told me that more had people pre-ordered the Eevee version. I had no real want for a specific version, so I decided to go with the one less people would have so that trading would be easier.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Awhile back I said I'd wait until I knew more. Ignoring the fact I'd have to get a Switch, I'd probably get Let's GO Eevee for the simple fact it has Vulpix and its Alolan form through in-game trade. Alolan Ninetales covers so many types its crazy.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
I'm going for Let's Go Pikachu. The interesting thing about Eevee is that it has many evolutions. An Eevee that can't evolve is useless for me. At least Pikachu can still be useful.

Besides, I like Pikachu more than Eevee.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 14, 2018
Going for LGP! My bf?s brother is getting Eevee so I guess we?ll see what?s the differences are. Although since you can link pokemon go to the switch to transfer Pok?mon I guess it doesn?t really matter which one you get

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Going for LGP! My bf's brother is getting Eevee so I guess we'll see what's the differences are. Although since you can link pokemon go to the switch to transfer Pokémon I guess it doesn't really matter which one you get

Actually it does. Determines what starter you get and what Pokemon are available to you in-game.

LGP exclusives:
Sandshrew/Sandslash(including Alolan forms)
Growlithe/Arcanine
Oddish/Gloom/Vileplume

LGE exclusives:
Vulpix/Ninetales(including Alolan forms)
Meowth/Persian(including Alolan forms)
Bellsprout/Weepinbell/Victreebel

If you have Pokemon GO and have those Pokemon caught, you can then transfer them to the GO Park area of the game where you can catch them again for in-game use. If you don't have Mew on Pokemon GO, you'll need to buy the Poke Ball Plus accessory that has Mew pre-loaded. For those who don't play Pokemon GO, knowing what Pokemon are available is worth noting as that may be a determining factor along with what starter you'll get. If it were me, based on what I know so far, I wouldn't be buying the games. However, if I opted to get the Switch and the game, I'd be hard pressed to pick a version.

I'm leaning Eevee because I adore Vulpix/Ninetales to death but Alolan Sandslash.... is quite honestly a swiss army knife. Its immune to Poison Types(which Team Rocket and Koga has), destroys Grass Types, Ice Types, Dragons, Flying Types and Fairies, can battle Rock and Ground Types(although has to watch it on the Ground retribution) and has to take care around Fire and Fighting types. Just tack on Pikachu starter for Water Types, a Water Type for Fire and Ground(say Blastoise seeing as you'll need one for Brock anyway. Mega Evolution too), Alolan Raticate for Ghost&Psychic Types, Kanto Sandslash for Electric and Clefable for Fighting and Dark Types(which may be in Team Rocket this time around). That team right there yields a Super Effective counter to everything but Normal and Bug(but resists them). That team right there would outright dominate Let's GO Pikachu.

Last edited:
Back