• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Let's Go] Which version do you plan on getting?

Yotes

GameDev
Years
  • In that case, it's a matter of how I intend to play. Try to make a balanced team like I do every time I play Yellow, or pick 6 cool lookin' Gen 1 'mon and try to win simply cuz I love them.

I'm thinkin the latter, so Eevee it is.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
  • I suppose I'll get the Eevee version.

Purely because I don't like Pikachu.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • It's actually been revealed that the starter Pikachu and Eevee in these games isn't able to evolve, much like the starter Pikachu in Yellow.

If you can't evolve Eevee, it's value is drastically reduced. While it's a Normal Type and has value against Ghost Pokemon(and Psychic thanks to Bite), Pikachu has extremely high value in the early game due to the early route flying types and the fact it counters Misty(while having a decent shot against Brock due to Double Team). It all comes down to whether you want to be Gary, May or Ilima with your own Eevee or Ash/Ritchie with your own Pikachu. It's definitely Kanto pandering but in terms of games dedicated to Kanto, it's been a long time.

Couple questions I have is the flexibility of transferring in Pokemon from older platforms(aka 3DS/2DS or other handheld devices. Heck being Gen 1 Kanto, I'd be shocked if they allowed RBY Pokemon) and breeding. I mean if you got a Female Eevee starter... could breed an Eevee line for the game if you could evolve them outside and transfer them in for use.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Pikachu for sure. Eevee is great and all, but I love my electric types too much to pick otherwise. :>

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    Assuming I get this (which I suspect I will), probably the Pikachu version. I still want to learn more about version differences and the actual gameplay before I decide whether to get both versions like I usually do.

I've started getting both versions at launch since Diamond and Pearl came out, after some not-very-fun experiences hunting down the version I missed in previous generations and having to pay extra for it. So if I think there's any chance I'll ultimately want both versions, I'll just buy both at launch and be done with it. But the heavy emphasis on Pokemon GO is off-putting, so I'll have to learn more.

Pikachu is probably my second favorite Pokemon (after Blastoise), and I usually catch two of them so I can keep one unevolved, so that's an easy choice for me. I've never cared too much for Eevee, especially without being able to evolve it.

Years
  • If you can't evolve Eevee, it's value is drastically reduced. While it's a Normal Type and has value against Ghost Pokemon(and Psychic thanks to Bite), Pikachu has extremely high value in the early game due to the early route flying types and the fact it counters Misty(while having a decent shot against Brock due to Double Team). It all comes down to whether you want to be Gary, May or Ilima with your own Eevee or Ash/Ritchie with your own Pikachu. It's definitely Kanto pandering but in terms of games dedicated to Kanto, it's been a long time.

Couple questions I have is the flexibility of transferring in Pokemon from older platforms(aka 3DS/2DS or other handheld devices. Heck being Gen 1 Kanto, I'd be shocked if they allowed RBY Pokemon) and breeding. I mean if you got a Female Eevee starter... could breed an Eevee line for the game if you could evolve them outside and transfer them in for use.

That's the big problem with making the starter Eevee in LGE unable to evolve, because the Eeveelutions are the main selling point. Eevee only gets its usefulness when it evolves.

gotron228

^_^
    Years
  • That's the big problem with making the starter Eevee in LGE unable to evolve, because the Eeveelutions are the main selling point. Eevee only gets its usefulness when it evolves.

I'd hope that there'd be some sort of gimmick to make the unevolvable Eevee as useful as other Pokemon

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2018
    Probably neither. If this was a core game, I'd go simply on the Pokemon choices (as always), but I can't say I really care much about this 'side' game at all. Not a fan of Go and this looks like more of that. Way too cutesy too.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'm going to get both, but I think main version will be Let's Go Eevee. I like Pikachu a bit more but I want catch one and evolve it into my favorite pokemon being Raichu.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • I'm wondering, does the starter you choose count towards your actual party? If they don't, then it wouldn't particularly bother me if they can't evolve, as long as I don't have to fight with them.

I'll definitely be choosing LGE—even without evolution, Eevee has been a favourite of mine since I was very small. I'm sure Game Freak will boost its power in some way.

Last edited:

Super_Flygon

Super_Flygon!
    Years
  • I'm not even sure if I want to get Let's Go, but I am leaning more towards Pikachu. Pikachu seems more useful than Eevee (neither can evolve) and even if they could evolve, I'd still probably pick Pikachu. Going to have to wait for more information first though.

Years
  • I think if you could evolve your starters then I would probably go for Eevee, but seeing as you can't (apparently), I'll probably be getting Pikachu. I prefer it as a Pokemon and find regular Eevee a bit boring to use on a playthrough, as cute as it is!

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I would get both, but now that it is on the Switch, games are nearly doubled in price, so unless they have different stories I will only get one. But it really just depends on which one I get. I want to see more version exclusives first before I make a 100% choice. It also depends on if Light Ball and Evolite is in the game.

If we can't evolve pokemon, I might go with Pikachu, but I am not 100% certain yet. I want to see more about each game. I assume Pika will be like Red and Eevee will be like Blue though. Who knows? I might pull a Virgil and have an all Eeveelution team, oh wait..... it is only the first 151...... there goes that idea.

But it really comes down to if I will even buy it. I don't want to support something I don't like at a risk of it replacing core series mechanics. As you can probably tell, going to Kanto without Johto and only the original 151 pokemon is a huge turn away for me.

Last edited:
    Back