• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Uh, I don't know how to make polls. But i'd like some advice.

which one to play?

• X

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Omega Ruby

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Ultra Moon

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Silver

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Crystal

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters
Years
  • Okay, so apparently, I don't know how to make polls here. So I guess i'm just going to rely on answers here on the PC.

I'm going on a long plane trip soon (or at least that's the hope) on November 27th? Maybe later? Maybe earlier? Who really knows at this point. I need to know which Pokemon game to replay on the tedious plane ride (if there is one).

Please note that these are all 3DS games. VIVA LA 3DS! So here are the choices.

-X
    -Omega Ruby
    -Ultra Moon
    -Silver (VC version)
    -Crystal (VC version)

Oh boy what a short list to choose from. I would include some more but I don't want to. I want to make it simple..ler. I'm too lazy to tell you my history with these games. It's almost 9 at night. Though, it is early, i'm exhausted, and my life is a mess. Why am I saying this here on "Previous Generations?"

So uh, voting ends..when I say it ends. Hurray!

Years
  • whichever one you find the most fun to play as. if majority of us decide on one game for you and it's not to your preference, then it's not going to be that much of an enjoyable plane ride, would it? =P

although if it were me personally, i'd just go with VC Crystal.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I went and added a poll to the thread for you

As for which one to play, I'd agree with Angie on it being whichever you think will be the most fun. But if they seem like they'd all be roughly the same level of enjoyable, then I guess that you'd have to start thinking up ways to narrow it down. Like, idk, which is the one that it's been the longest since you played last?

At the very least, I think you can cross Silver off the list, since 3rd versions are generally superior to the paired version.

Years
  • Personally, I find ORAS to be incredibly fun and would choose to replay that. I also adore Johto, but have replayed GSC so many times, so it's harder to recommend those (again, on a personal level). If there are any that seem funner for you to replay in particular then yes, go with those! But if you'd like some opinions I say ORAS or the other newer games, since they tend to have a bit more to do throughout the game/have more features.

KOZSTAR

Diabolical
    Years
  • ORAS and USUM are the most cinematic and has the largest storylines of the ones you just showed, though ORAS is the easiest of the five, so that may make a difference.

XY has the most variety in Pokemon, making it a great game for challenges and such.

I can't give proper opinions on Crystal and Silver, since I haven't played them. However, like Nah had said, I recommend you remove Silver from the list as Crystal being the 3rd version would likely make it superior.

Years
  • I took a 5 hour plane ride on November 26th, and was just too exhausted to play a 3DS game considering it was almost a red eye. I am taking ANOTHER plane trip back home next month, so voting has been extended to Christmas Day. Thank you for your cooperation in advance.

Last time I checked, UM was winning. But anything can happen. :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2022
    I never played Ultra Moon, but among the other ones I'd go with Crystal. It has the most content: 2 regions and a Battle Tower.

Koopa_T

Zygarde Infinite
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2023
    I voted for X because I might be starting a new game in my version as well. It's fun & playable game. The first time to see Mega Pokemon. If I could vote a second time I say Omega Ruby because Mega's are amazing. xD

Back