• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite game of all time

Graine

It looks at you and casts Mind Blast.
Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2018
    Let's discuss your favorite game!
    If you had to pick one game as your all-time favorite, what would it be and why? What do you love about it? What are some of your most memorable moments? Is there something you don't like about that specific game?

L'Belle

I am beauty!
    Years
  • My favourite game of all time is Fire emblem New Mystery of the emblem. It has amazing characters, an amazing story and just all-around fun gameplay. The whole game was so memorable to me. Reverse Lunatic can go die in a hole though.

Sawsbuck

used Jump Kick! It's super effective!
    Years
  • BeamNG.Drive, it's really just a soft body vehicle physics simulator but it's a lot of fun to just drive around and destroy cars :P
    Easily the best $20 purchase I've ever made and I've been playing it since October 2014 (October 8th to be exact)
    The only negative thing I can think of is that my computer can't really handle it sadly :(

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    Spyro The Dragon.
    I have just so many childhood memories, and it's the first Spyro game I played. It's the only Spyro that doesn't have (annoying) exotic gameplay, but it has a lot of secrets and hidden passages. The world is beautiful and the bonus world is simply amazingly fun.

TY

The start of it all basically, without it my gaming life would never be the same haha.
    The nostalgia, the childhood and overall the game was a challenge to play as a kid.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • It's hard to just pick one. Shining Force III for the Sega Saturn is usually at top of my lists, but I also loved Skies of Arcadia, Policenauts, Shenmue, and Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War just as much. Replaying Earthbound and Paper Mario (N64) over these last couple months made me realize just how great those games are as well.

string555

Banned
    Years
  • All of them :P

There's just so many good ones from growing up, but I'll have to go with LoZ: Ocarina of Time. IMO, it was definitely a masterpiece, the music was always epic, the boss battles were big, just everything about it was awesome. Replaying it several times was good too, because I never got all the extra stuff during the first playthrough. Like when you finally get the Biggoron's Sword and do the spin attack, and it just decimates everything in a big circle. I've had a lot of good moments with that game, but I feel like I already typed those out on here not all that long ago. :D

But anyways, the only thing I can think of that I didn't like was the psyducking Water Temple. The whole design was just horrible, but I'm not even going to go there. At least the fight against Dark Link was pretty cool. :P

Years
    • Online now
    Bully. It might have been my first time playing a free roam game, and I still like the idea of the game taking place in a school and being able to do whatever you wanted. I liked the atmosphere of the school and the town outside of it, the whole game is lively and I never get bored of it.

Years
  • For me it's a tough choice between Pokemon Platinum and Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild. Pokemon Platinum for nostalgia and Breath of the Wild for being an innovative Zelda title.

Last edited:
    Years
  • My favorite game is probably the original Donkey Kong Country, simply because I have such fond memories with it and it's such an incredibly charming game to this day.
    I was inclined to say World of Warcraft due to the ungodly amount of hours I've put into it (so obviously I must really enjoy it), but DKC holds a special place in my heart.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Ooh, hard to pick just one. I've mentioned before but I'm not huge on sentimentality, so my favorites change all the time and "classics" never make my list because I find newer and innovative games so much more interesting, and these change all the time. In (relatively) recent years, I'd have to say Undertale is one that I just found so unique it really stuck with me these past 2-3 years despite how short it is.

It's gotten a pretty bad rap over time because of the fanbase, but ignoring that I thought it's a super well done, clever and touching game, with an awesome soundtrack (that I still listen to on Spotify) and a great story.

Graine

It looks at you and casts Mind Blast.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2018
    So many great answers so far! :D

Mine would definitely be Banjo Kazooie. I absolutely loved the game as a child but I realised how great the game actually is only when I started working in the videogame industry and decided to replay the game.

Of course, it has its flaws. Being an N64 game, the controls and camera can be a bit wonky at times, which can get pretty frustrating especially when precise movements are needed. But this mostly a hardware issue and not a problem within the game itself.

However, the worlds are beautiful. The level design is almost flawless and the soundtrack is unmatched. The story, is good, the characters are hilarious, the gameplay is extremely fun. What else do you need? Banjo Kazooie is the best example of a perfect game in my humble opinion.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • The best remaster I've ever played is of the best game ever made. How can I go wrong?!

header.jpg

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    I don't know all of them but AM2R is definitely one of them. That atmosphere was so beautiful that I didn't wanna leave the planet when I finished the game.

Years
  • Rune Factory 4. The story, characters, everything.. I love it all so much. I wasn't working when I got this game and would literally spend every waking moment playing. Miss it so much. There was a lot of content and it was incredibly difficult for me, wouldn't have ever beaten it if I didn't manage to tame a super strong boss monster. Vishnal and Leon were my favorites, and Margaret and Forte from the girls!

Downsides... definitely the glitches. There were quite a number of them, and in one of the final fights the game froze on me like, four or five times over after finishing (ꐦ ಠ皿ಠ ), so I had to keep redoing it until it worked.

MaӾiej

Huge Kida Fan
    Years
  • It's a toss-up for me. On one hand, I really want to say the first Kingdom Hearts. Without a doubt, it's my favorite of the series. Birth By Sleep would be a close second followed by Kingdom Hearts 2 and Re: Chain of Memories.

However, I'm also a HUGE fan of TimeSplitters. It's tough to say whether I like 2 or Future Perfect more. I've often considered one of those as my most favorite game of all time but I haven't played them in a few years. Unlike the KH series, they never saw a PS3 re-release because Free Radical went under and I don't have a PS2.

I suppose I'll go with KH1 with TimeSplitters: Future Perfect being a close second. Undertale's also in my top 5 but it falls short because of nostalgia and the fact I love both of those series immensely. Funnily enough, I'm not really a huge RPG or FPS fan. There are just so many elements from both series and games that I enjoyed, whether it be all the worlds to explore in KH or the quirkiness of TS's many, many playable characters. (Also, the Mapmaker was one of the first and greatest level creation tools I've ever seen in a game of its generation.)

Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2019
    Tetris -- Because I like all of the games that it either spawned or inspired, lol. :)

Back