• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you could erase your memory of one game, what would it be?

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
If you could erase a game from your memory, and play it for the "first time again", which game would you choose?

Last edited:

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Boy, that's a tough one.

Probably Firewatch. That game was such an emotional journey, and it was beautiful in every sense of the word. Graphics, story, everything. I even bought the disk version Limited Run Games put out that came with a map.

pkmin3033

Xenoblade Chronicles. I would love to experience that for the first time again; it's the best game I've ever played. Whilst replaying it isn't an unpleasant experience, the plot twists have lost their surprise elements, so it isn't quite as emotionally charged.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
I feel like I only ever talk about like 5 games here these days buut maybe Crisis Core? I loved that game to death when I played it and I was so emotionally invested in the story and characters. I really wanted to play New Game+ with all my stuff, but when I restarted, I just couldn't be excited to replay it knowing everything that happens already, despite how much I loved it. I tried picking it up again to replay twice, but never really got far. So yeah, that one. :)

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years
I would definitely choose Ocarina of Time in a heartbeat! When I played it for the first time, literally every single detail in the game felt incredibly magical. The world was shrouded with a great deal of mystery, and the atmosphere was both exciting and intimidating at the same time. It felt like there was so much out there that made me eager to explore, yet it was genuinely terrifying to think about all of the potential danger lurking around. My adrenaline would always be pumping whenever I played this game, haha!

However, I have now beaten it about 15 times, so I've reached a point where I'm merely just toying with every inch of the game... testing out the physics, messing around with enemies, doing completely unconventional things just to see what happens... that kind of stuff. I no longer feel anything while playing this game, which really sucks because I still adore it with a passion. </3

If only I could breath that same air of excitement once again... =(

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
I feel like I only ever talk about like 5 games here these days buut maybe Crisis Core? I loved that game to death when I played it and I was so emotionally invested in the story and characters. I really wanted to play New Game+ with all my stuff, but when I restarted, I just couldn't be excited to replay it knowing everything that happens already, despite how much I loved it. I tried picking it up again to replay twice, but never really got far. So yeah, that one. :)

you've pretty much summed up my thoughts tbh, same af

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
I would definitely choose Ocarina of Time in a heartbeat! When I played it for the first time, literally every single detail in the game felt incredibly magical. The world was shrouded with a great deal of mystery, and the atmosphere was both exciting and intimidating at the same time. It felt like there was so much out there that made me eager to explore, yet it was genuinely terrifying to think about all of the potential danger lurking around. My adrenaline would always be pumping whenever I played this game, haha!

However, I have now beaten it about 15 times, so I've reached a point where I'm merely just toying with every inch of the game... testing out the physics, messing around with enemies, doing completely unconventional things just to see what happens... that kind of stuff. I no longer feel anything while playing this game, which really sucks because I still adore it with a passion. </3

If only I could breath that same air of excitement once again... =(

I fully relate to losing feeling with certain games. I'm not sure if this is caused by knowing too much about them, or simply having replayed them too much.

Years
As I much as I love certain series of games just a little bit more, I wish I could go back and erase my memory of Animal Crossing New Leaf, and play it for the first time again. I originally bought it since I didn't have any 3DS games, and wanted something to hold me over until Pokemon X/Y came out, and I ended up pouring close to 600 hours into it, and playing it everyday for about 2 and a half years straight. I'll probably never have that much long-term investment in another video game again, so I'd love to start over with New Leaf again, since it very well may be another 2 years before the next Animal Crossing comes out, anyway.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
I'd pick Amnesia: The Dark Descent as it is still the scariest horror game I've played. But the first time is always the scariest becuase you know nothing about the game. I remember when it first came out before YouTubers used as a cash cow, it succeeded pretty well in scaring the crap out of me. The atmosphere was very creepy and very tense and the first time playing, it feels like there's something lurking around every corner. The game is well designed in horror, it doesn't rely on jumpscares to scare the player. It goes out of its way to make the player very uncomfortable, defenseless and vulnerable and those feelings are especially strong for first time playthroughs.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
God, there's a lot. But Chrono Trigger would be my top pick. I was always super excited to see what the next time period would be, who was going to join the party, hear the music for the first time... It's such a spectacular game and if I could play it as a first time again, I would.

Years
Rune Factory 4. I'd spend every waking moment when I wasn't sleeping or eating playing, and for months too. It gave me such joyous memories even if it was hard as hell. lol

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
Probably whichever Kingdom Hearts game got me into RIKU in the past >_>;;

Dealing with the KH fandom due to my crush on him was nightmare fuel for me. They were VERY unkind to me :(

No offense to any Kingdom Hearts fan on this forum
, but bad memories like that can really make you hate something....

I don't wanna get more into the details. But those years were hell for me >:(

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen today
Chrono Trigger, because playing the game for the first time was the best gaming experience I ever had. The moment I finished Chrono Trigger I know I would want to replay the game again. But replaying the game would not feel the same, because I already knew the story.

TY

C&C Tiberian Sun, only to completely forget how to play strategy games in general.

And to restart my childhood too

Back