• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC WiFi Tournament

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
  • Okay, I've made some changes to the main rules. Modifications bolded with a synopsis at the end.
    Alakazam17 said:
    PC WiFi Tournament Rules

1. You must have either Diamond, Pearl, or Platinum, with WiFi capabilities to enter.

2. You must have a team of six Pokemon, not including the following:

Mewtwo, Mew, Wobbuffet, Lugia, Ho-oh, Latios, Latias, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Deoxys(all but Speed), Garchomp, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Manaphy, Darkrai, Arceus

3. All basic clauses will be in effect. That's Sleep, Evasion, OHKO, Hax Item, and Species Clauses:

Sleep Clause: No two Pokemon of the same side should be asleep at the same time. Exceptions being Rest, and "no other choice" situations(ie. Effect Spore ability, or getting Encored on Hypnosis).

Evasion Clause: No use of moves that alter the ability to hit with attacks. This includes Flash, Double Team, & Sand-Attack. This does not include Acupressure and Metronome, which could randomly increase evasiveness.

OHKO Clause: No using Guillotine, Horn Drill, Fissure, or Sheer Cold. Destiny Bond and Perish Song are allowed, however.

Hax Item Clause: No using hold items that rely on luck. Hax Items include Lax Incense, King's Rock, Brightpowder, Razor Claw, Scope Lens, and Quick Claw.

Species Clause: No two Pokemon of the same species on the same team. This does not apply to those in the same evolutionary line(ie. you can't have two Alakazam, but you can have an Alakazam and a Kadabra).

4. Since all WiFi battles allow you to choose Pokemon levels, all battles should be held at level 50 or 100, to allow even-footing. Battles will also be Single, not Double.

5. Entrants will be put into three groups at the start of the tourney: America, Europe, and Australia(after the regions the majority of you are from). Specific battles will be chosen randomly among the people in these groups, and will be posted here on a set day. However, once a certain point is reached, these regional groups will be dissolved, and everyone will be put in the same pot.

6. Another set day, a DQ time as we like to call it, will be given, and I'd ask all results to be posted here before this time. The DQ time will be two weeks for each round, beginning and ending on a Saturday. Note that winning your battle while failing to notify me within the DQ time will still result in your DQ.

7. This before-mentioned process will repeat until we have one person left! This person will be declared the winner, and will have their name at the top of this post for all eternity! Also, they will recieve prizes as listed below.

8. If you turn out to be a no-show, not only will you not be able to receive any benefits(ie. being the candidate for the free round), but you will have to participate in a preliminary match the next time you enter the tournament. This shall include no-shows from previous rounds, with the winners moving on to Round One. Note the fact that if someone who withdraws from the tournament will not be considered a no-show.

9. While the main tourney is, as mentioned, for Single Battles over WiFi, there will be a Side-Tourney as well. The current Side-Tourney is for battles over Shoddy. However, it will only begin if at least 8 people sign up for it. This will have the same rules as the regular tournament, except for the fact that battles will be taking place over Shoddy.

9a)During the course of the tourney, I will take suggestions as to what the next Side-Tourney should entail. The result will be declared near the end of the current Side-Tourney.

10. If you change your username or account, please notify me ASAP.

11. Now, the rules I must add, and that I hope will never have to be enforced:

If two people finish a battle with conflicting stories, BOTH will be disqualified. Furthermore, if later on the identity of the untruthful individual is found out, he or she will be banned from all future tournaments. This includes those who disconnect intentionally and lie about it.

Furthermore, if it is found out that a battler has been using hacked Pokemon, he or she will be banned from all future tournaments. This is in addition to any action the forum staff may take.

1) Added Platinum to the entrance requirements. XD
    2) Added Garchomp to banned Pokemon, and removed Shaymin(which I should have done way earlier)
    3) Removed the "only one non-Uber legend" rule.
    4) Added Species Clause
    5) Added a rule regarding time-zones. Hopefully this will allow battles to have a greater chance of happening. So from now on I will ask entrants which group they want to be put in.
    6) Added a line about failing to post a win. This is as a result of the incident with aragornbird that happened over the summer.
    7) Added a mention of the Side-Tournies, confirming that the next one will be a Shoddy tournament.
    8) Moved the "I changed my username" question from the FAQ to the main rules.

And that's about it. If I update further, I'll make a new post. ^^

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
  • I like the regionals idea! Although I hate the fact that might mean facing Alex or Aurasphere in earlier rounds X_x....

So it's been decided to test the tournament with all OU/BL/UU legends involved?

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • I like the regionals idea! Although I hate the fact that might mean facing Alex or Aurasphere in earlier rounds X_x....
    You guys were always able to do that whenever everyone was in the same pot. :P

So it's been decided to test the tournament with all OU/BL/UU legends involved?
    Yeah, let's see how it goes this time around. It should be fine I think. Though I know at least one guy who'll be happy to hear this, and one guy who'll be annoyed. XD

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
  • Wow, I can't believe I had actually forgotten about the non-Uber legend rule. Lol, I had a team planned out that had 2 of them, so I'm pretty glad you changed it.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • Wow, I can't believe I had actually forgotten about the non-Uber legend rule. Lol, I had a team planned out that had 2 of them, so I'm pretty glad you changed it.

Alakazam17 said:
    Yeah, let's see how it goes this time around. It should be fine I think. Though I know at least one guy who'll be happy to hear this, and one guy who'll be annoyed. XD
    I was actually referring to you there, XD. Guess I was wrong! :P

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
  • I was actually referring to you there, XD. Guess I was wrong! :P

Well, after battling on Shoddy for so long, you get used to seeing plenty of legends, a Celebi here, a Heatran there. I guess I've become accustomed to them. xD

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Guess I think I already know who'll battle either Prince or lazybob. Right, Aura?

Ladies and Gentlemen: The Final

_Prince_ /lazybob5 VS Aurasphere

Indeed...Confirming my 5-0 win against World King.....great battle! Really looking forward to the finals. Good luck Lazybob and Prince in the other Semifinal match, and I'll be ready to go right after those results are in!

World King

Twilight Silver Beast
    Years
  • 5-0?! Man, that sucks. Well, you know what? I think I'll drop out of battling for a few months (mostly half a year). And just focusing on getting a whole new 25 Trained Pokémon. So, good luck to everyone, and may the best one win in the next Wi-Fi tourney! (Guess my Newly-Acquired Outraging Tauros just has to wait 'till 2009...)

Sinatra

"and let the drums roll"
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2008
    5-0?! Man, that sucks. Well, you know what? I think I'll drop out of battling for a few months (mostly half a year). And just focusing on getting a whole new 25 Trained Pokémon. So, good luck to everyone, and may the best one win in the next Wi-Fi tourney! (Guess my Newly-Acquired Outraging Tauros just has to wait 'till 2009...)
    that sounds very committed............

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • Wow, congrats Aurasphere! :D

And to think I paired you two together a whole seven days ago....XD

Now we just need to wait until Monday for _Prince_ to get back. ^^

_Prince_

Pikachu?
    Years
  • I can't view lazybob5's FC, anyone kind enough to tell me his FC if they know.

Oh yeah Ryan, if you could tell lazybob I'm able to battle him around 00:40am his timezone tonight. If would be great if he's able to make it.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • I can't view lazybob5's FC, anyone kind enough to tell me his FC if they know.

Oh yeah Ryan, if you could tell lazybob I'm able to battle him around 00:40am his timezone tonight. If would be great if he's able to make it.
    I did a little detective work, and found this Friend Code: 3780 9004 1223

Back