• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Political News 2016-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
To commemorate the conclusion of 2016's Election, I would suggest that your interest in politics doesn't die away, but that you become more interested as a result. I have created this thread to spread awareness of current issues involving the United States as well as foreign interests involving the rest of the globe.

This will span the stretch of CIC Trump's term, covering the administration and otherwise. I'll try to keep you up to date on issues in Washington and I'd appreciate the help to shed more light on everyone's [other countries] political dealings, such as elections, bills, measures, policies, propositions, scandals, trials and other dealings of that sort. I think this will help more people understand how our systems work and stay in the know.

For now, I want everyone to discuss Putin's recent announcement of Russia's willingness to work to restore US - Russian relations. What do you think this means? After [ongoing] the Syrian debacle I think attempting to mend damaged relations is worth a shot.
Excerpt:
Spoiler:

Full:
Spoiler:

User19sq

Should I run for mayor of my tiny town to gain credentials and attempt what will inevitably break on a national basis? XD;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Not liking Putin's unhesitant hand. After some Russian propaganda claiming Trump would run on a "Hilarious For President" platform, on top of the little evidence suggesting that Russia's behind the leaks to discredit Clinton... this seems too much to rush into.

But that's just me.

Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2018
Considering Russia had such a hand in influencing the election, or at least trying to, in favour of Trump this doesn't come as much of a surprise.

It's certainly worrying, though, as Putin seems to be the only person Trump likes anywhere near as much as himself and Putin definitely has an agenda that'll be very easy to get Trump on board with, no matter how bad that could be for everyone else.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
Years
The Russian people apparently love Trump calling him the "peace" candidate. I wouldnt be surprised if relations between the US and Russia were restored.

Years
Considering Russia had such a hand in influencing the election, or at least trying to, in favour of Trump this doesn't come as much of a surprise.

It's certainly worrying, though, as Putin seems to be the only person Trump likes anywhere near as much as himself and Putin definitely has an agenda that'll be very easy to get Trump on board with, no matter how bad that could be for everyone else.

How many Americans do you think actually fell under the sway of the Russian pied piper? I really disliked the angle the Clinton campaign was trying to take with Russian hacking of the DNC and emails and such. The Russians weren't responsible for Trump, and they sure weren't responsible for the 60 million people who voted for him, okay.

Sir Codin

As much as I would love to believe that a foreign power was responsible for this election result and therefore makes this man getting elected illegitimate, I have little hope any more that this is the case.

Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2018
How many Americans do you think actually fell under the sway of the Russian pied piper? I really disliked the angle the Clinton campaign was trying to take with Russian hacking of the DNC and emails and such. The Russians weren't responsible for Trump, and they sure weren't responsible for the 60 million people who voted for him, okay.

I don't think Russia was entirely responsible or anything, but they assisted and built up the biggest scandals (I.e, wikileaks documents seems to have come from russian hackers, NC hacked by russian hackers, the gitmo 2.0 guy was a russian pretending not to be). They also spun a lot of propaganda into a lot of the fake viral stories that went around, a lot of them had origins on pro-russian sites or state owned news sources.

While they didn't win the election for trump understating the impact they had is fairly dangerous considering Trump's poisiton on Putin and visa versa

Years
I don't think Russia was entirely responsible or anything, but they assisted and built up the biggest scandals (I.e, wikileaks documents seems to have come from russian hackers, NC hacked by russian hackers, the gitmo 2.0 guy was a russian pretending not to be). They also spun a lot of propaganda into a lot of the fake viral stories that went around, a lot of them had origins on pro-russian sites or state owned news sources.

While they didn't win the election for trump understating the impact they had is fairly dangerous considering Trump's poisiton on Putin and visa versa

Yes, but what the DNC and Clinton did genuinely did happen. Would it honestly have been better just to keep it hush-hush? That is exactly what people who supported Trump voted against - the establishment no longer is going to get away with not being accountable.

Years
Considering that one of the main issues keeping the US and Russia from being on good terms was American insistence that Russia respect civil and human rights (persecution of gay people, the media, war crimes in Syria and Ukraine) I don't see The Donald having much to object to.

Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2018
Yes, but what the DNC and Clinton did genuinely did happen. Would it honestly have been better just to keep it hush-hush? That is exactly what people who supported Trump voted against - the establishment no longer is going to get away with not being accountable.

This is true, more or less, but there wasn't even a huge amount of wrongdoing shown off in the leaked emails, the hysteria became the main driving force behind that.

Yes, there was wrongdoing (No, being open about it wouldn't have been better, only not doing it would've) but the way it was capitulated on and overblown, with all this misinformation mixed in and spread it very clearly did have an impact

I do think that you're getting away from the original point being made/adressed, but noting that is all i wanted to do about it considering this is stuff worthy of talking about

My problem is that the establishment clearly is not being held accountable, the side of the establishment that an even bigger, foreign, establishment doesn't like is having it's dirtly laundry revealed for the gains of the people doing it.

It's not some people's revolution that Trump got in, it's people thinking they're in one when they're really just playing into the hands of the establishment anyway.

Years
The scope of this thread is unfortunately far too large. Please make threads for individual issues rather than a superthread intended to last through four years of topics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back