. . .

he, they
Lavender Town
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 22 Hours Ago
1,146 posts
173 Days
Yeah ... that's a bit concerning.

I hoped that considering the massive departure from the traditional formula, they'd treat this as more of a spin-off and let it stew and mature for a while longer.

Still, there's about what, half a year or so until then? Maybe that will be enough to get the game fully prepped and ready to go.

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words

Age 21
Any
Ohio
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
1,081 posts
3.5 Years
That's, um...wow. For many people, this creates a choice between the remakes and Legends (because $120 in a relatively short period of time is a lot), so - I guess we're gonna see an even more direct comparison of these games' popularity than we thought? I wonder how the sales numbers are gonna be affected.

Hybrid Trainer

Age 26
Him/Them
«UK»
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 5 Days Ago
2,076 posts
12.6 Years
I'm gonna be optimisting and assume that they've been working on this for a fair bit longer than we think, and since they've been able to focus on just Legends of Arceus (since BDSP were outsourced) they've put just as much love and care into this as they would any other game... 😬

Alexa Bliss

Age 32
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 1 Hour Ago
1,437 posts
12 Years
That's, um...wow. For many people, this creates a choice between the remakes and Legends (because $120 in a relatively short period of time is a lot), so - I guess we're gonna see an even more direct comparison of these games' popularity than we thought? I wonder how the sales numbers are gonna be affected.
Regardless it being released sooner than expected, I think this will still outsell the remakes.

Male
Netherlands
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 6 Hours Ago
Seems a bit fast. Hopefully it doesn't mean less quality. Gotta stay optimistic! =)

Figure

Age 26
Male
Moscow, Idaho
Seen 21 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
1,189 posts
8.9 Years
Yeah not sure how to feel about this either. They have already announced bundles for the remakes so if you want that plus Arceus... 180$ in two months plus possible DLC? Pokemon was already a cash cow but now it feels like GF is abusing the property. Sword and Shield + DLC, Snap, BdSp, Arceus, Go, the other mobile game I am blanking on, Cafe Mix, Sleep... too much, man. Too much muk for a game series that is, in the opinions of many, declining in quality.

_pheebs

Gosh! What's poppin'?

Age 26
Female
Minecraft~
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 6 Hours Ago
422 posts
2.5 Years
Oh wow.

T-that's a bit soon. A bit too if you ask me...
Much concern on my part.
Moderator of the Fan Games Section

Supporter of Schlatt Coin!
The True Emperor of l'manburg!

bobandbill

one more time

Male
A cape
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 8 Hours Ago
16,243 posts
13.3 Years
I do wonder how early development started (maybe around when SwSH dev winded down? As they seemingly used a secondary team for the DLC), and also what build was used for the trailer. But otherwise I do also worry on the timing. 2 months between BDSP seems quite short!

Staff Anime Villain Collab - Earl de Darkwood - Interstella 5555

Daily | Drabble Dex | A Change of the Season
The Retelling of Pokémon Colosseum
Paired to Sheep :>

Alexa Bliss

Age 32
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 1 Hour Ago
1,437 posts
12 Years
I do wonder how early development started (maybe around when SwSH dev winded down? As they seemingly used a secondary team for the DLC), and also what build was used for the trailer. But otherwise I do also worry on the timing. 2 months between BDSP seems quite short!
I feel like it should have been a March/April release, 2 months between the remakes and this is too short.

Fritz

Girl Power FTW

Age 21
Any
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
2,046 posts
4.7 Years
I'll wait until I've played the game myself before deciding if I think it's being released too soon. The game could potentially look much better in a new trailer should one be released in the near future.