• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Release dates for upcoming Sinnoh Pokémon titles revealed

Duck

🦆 quack quack
Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    Yeah ... that's a bit concerning.

I hoped that considering the massive departure from the traditional formula, they'd treat this as more of a spin-off and let it stew and mature for a while longer.

Still, there's about what, half a year or so until then? Maybe that will be enough to get the game fully prepped and ready to go.

Years
    • Age 33
    • uk
    • Seen Jun 2, 2021
    I really hope we hear more stuff about this game, hoping it will be good fingers crossed

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
    Years
  • That's, um...wow. For many people, this creates a choice between the remakes and Legends (because $120 in a relatively short period of time is a lot), so - I guess we're gonna see an even more direct comparison of these games' popularity than we thought? I wonder how the sales numbers are gonna be affected.

Years
  • I'm gonna be optimisting and assume that they've been working on this for a fair bit longer than we think, and since they've been able to focus on just Legends of Arceus (since BDSP were outsourced) they've put just as much love and care into this as they would any other game... 😬

Years
  • That's, um...wow. For many people, this creates a choice between the remakes and Legends (because $120 in a relatively short period of time is a lot), so - I guess we're gonna see an even more direct comparison of these games' popularity than we thought? I wonder how the sales numbers are gonna be affected.
    Regardless it being released sooner than expected, I think this will still outsell the remakes.

Years
  • Yeah not sure how to feel about this either. They have already announced bundles for the remakes so if you want that plus Arceus... 180$ in two months plus possible DLC? Pokemon was already a cash cow but now it feels like GF is abusing the property. Sword and Shield + DLC, Snap, BdSp, Arceus, Go, the other mobile game I am blanking on, Cafe Mix, Sleep... too much, man. Too much shit for a game series that is, in the opinions of many, declining in quality.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I do wonder how early development started (maybe around when SwSH dev winded down? As they seemingly used a secondary team for the DLC), and also what build was used for the trailer. But otherwise I do also worry on the timing. 2 months between BDSP seems quite short!

Years
  • I do wonder how early development started (maybe around when SwSH dev winded down? As they seemingly used a secondary team for the DLC), and also what build was used for the trailer. But otherwise I do also worry on the timing. 2 months between BDSP seems quite short!
    I feel like it should have been a March/April release, 2 months between the remakes and this is too short.

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • I'll wait until I've played the game myself before deciding if I think it's being released too soon. The game could potentially look much better in a new trailer should one be released in the near future.

Back