• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Whats the most missed potential for an evolution?

Years
    • he he he haw
    • Seen Jul 22, 2022
    And no, I am not talking about Alomomola and Luvdisc. I'm talking about a pokemon that doesn't have an evolution even though there is a very obvious evo to go with it.

Years
  • If I have to ignore an obvious example like Luvdisc and Alomomola.... 😉
    I'll go with Carbink and Diancie. Undo the mythical status, give it a once-per-playthrough item to evolve one and done.

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • Good question! I'm a big fan of single-stage Mons, so I'm of the mindset that not every Pokémon needs an evolution. That said, there are certain exceptions, as well as lines that feel... incomplete, in a way
    -The Chingling line could do well with a third stage. Chimecho already felt like an unevolved Pokémon, and on top of that GF decides to give it a baby form of all things. Maybe a bigger Chimecho with a lot of Chingling around it forming a windchime with multiple bells - similar to Dragapult and its baby Dreepy?
    -Dunsparce. I know it's been repeated to death around here, but this Mon could also do well with an evolution; it needs a bit of spicing up. Pokémon Uranium did this very well by giving us Dunseraph - a Dragon-type evolution.
    -Speaking of Dragon-type, Druddigon could evolve as well, into something a bit less awkward-looking just for the awesome factor.
    -Finally, all Pokémon whose regional forms got evolutions - like Kantonian Farfetch'd, Johtonian Qwilfish, Hoennian Linoone, etc. -should also be able to evolve. It's not fair that they're left behind just because they are reinterpreted as regional forms!

Years
    • he he he haw
    • Seen Jul 22, 2022
    thats not what i meant. give a pokemon an evo that doesnt exist. dont make an existing pokemon an evo of ther pokemn

Years
  • I'm talking about a pokemon that doesn't have an evolution even though there is a very obvious evo to go with it.
    Well the above kinda makes it sound like the very obvious evo is something that already exists.

Anyway, Luvdisc and Carbink could still both use an evo. And for both cases there's an existing Pokemon that looks like it could fill the roll, so it's kinda hard to come up with something else for those.

So I'll change to a couple different mons.
    -Castform needs something. An overworld based weather evolution where on a sunny route at level X it becomes a Fire/Normal evolution. On a rainy route it becomes a Water/Normal evolution. On a snowy route it becomes an Ice/Normal evolution. The evolutions would all be bigger and reflect their weather type even better. They would be locked into that form upon evolution so they can no longer switch between them.
    -Delibird desperately needs an evo. I've already seen some fanart for possible evolutions that I like so I'll just link it:
    Spoiler:

-Delcatty is a lovely mon cursed with rather unimpressive stats. It could use an evo (or just a stat boost), but is unfortunately already a Moon stone evo. Personally I'd also like to see it gain the Fairy type so maybe make it more fairy like?

And I'll second the mention of Chimecho above by Vielleroue .

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Unown. It could get an evolution based on the idea of various forms combining into a circular maze:

360_F_16101333_hoaNGeM8Y40X0NzEocC9DPIkcPOBApni.jpg

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Komala needs an evolution in which it is finally awake and it opens its eyes. It's just about time it happens, even if it takes awhile.

Also, Chatot should evolve into some sort of conductor Fairy/Flying type bird. Now that its Chatter gimmick is nonexistent it has no reason to stay a single stage Pokemon.

Years
  • i'm unsure why every pikaclone (not counting SV here since we don't know yet, i think?) has had zero evolutions to them. it's kind of a shame because i think some would have interesting ones, but like... none of them do. never really understood why.

Years
  • I feel like Sableye could've had a really cool evolution similar-looking (but cooler lol) to Grimmsnarl, especially now that megas aren't really a thing anymore. Probably won't happen anytime soon if at all though. Oh, and maybe a Linoone evolution to match Galar's Obstagoon! Corsola too. 👍

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    -Castform needs something. An overworld based weather evolution where on a sunny route at level X it becomes a Fire/Normal evolution. On a rainy route it becomes a Water/Normal evolution. On a snowy route it becomes an Ice/Normal evolution. The evolutions would all be bigger and reflect their weather type even better. They would be locked into that form upon evolution so they can no longer switch between them.
    -Delibird desperately needs an evo. I've already seen some fanart for possible evolutions that I like so I'll just link it:

Those Delibird evos are great! Love the old Sugimori style of them too. I have a different idea for Castform. It should have a dual-ability like Calyrex: alongside Forecast, its other ability would trigger a random weather condition upon entering into battle! So still a gimmick Pokémon, just with more power and more potential frustration

i'm unsure why every pikaclone (not counting SV here since we don't know yet, i think?) has had zero evolutions to them. it's kind of a shame because i think some would have interesting ones, but like... none of them do. never really understood why.

Plusle and Minun should have had a shared Mega that has balanced stats (because one of them is defensive, the other offensive), with a similar deal to Mega Kangaskhan where it hits twice.

Also Pachirisu's evo would definitely just look like Greedent haha

Back