• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon that are unconventionally cute

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2018
    Probably not unconventional, but I think Cinccino is adorable.

Cute as a button, so much so I ended up naming my first one "Button".

...Come to think of it. I don't have one in Y. Gen 5 was emulated so I couldn't bring Button.

Hmm... I should remedy that post-haste and get one.

Years
  • Magnemite is cute considering its face is just a single eye. Snubbull's ugliness makes it cute.

Years
  • Tangela and Bidoof have a derpy kind of cuteness to them, even though I'm not huge fans of either. Outside of those two, Heracross is about as cute as a 5 foot tall beetle can get, and for being just a blob of goop, Ditto are pretty cute, too.

kitarei

☕ milk tea & 💻 code.
    Years
  • I think Gulpin is super cute, I'm not sure how unconventional that is - but I feel like it's not often mentioned!

Spr_3r_316.png

Just look at that little smoochy beach ball!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2019
    I always found Banette adorable, especially in Gen III. Its sprite looks like a lil kitty

Years
  • Torterra - smaller Pokemon nest/make a home on its back and may spend their entire lives living on Torterra's shell. The idea of such a fierce looking Pokemon giving smaller Pokemon a home and protection on its own back is such a cute thing to imagine, even though Torterra is certainly not a Pokemon which comes to mind in regards to 'cuteness'.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2019
    I think Scraggy is freaking adorable, to the point where it's my favorite mon. I think the Gen V sprite is why - the way it pulls up its pants and holds out its arms is just too cute

Years
  • I think the pidove line is kinda cute with the heart-shaped crest. The design is a little simplistic and too close to a normal pidgeon for most fans, but that doesn't mean I don't like it. He still incites a desire in me to want to nurture this fragile creature. Its male evolution is also strikingly beautiful I think.

The spoink line. I think most people think Spoink is cute, but its still pretty strange and unconventional when you think about, a pig balancing a pearl on his head while bouncing on his tail like a spring to keep his heart beating. I think it also takes its inspiration from the proverb about casting pearls before the swine. It doesn't sound like a design that would work, but when you behold that round shape, those dark eyes staring up at you and stubby little limbs it is so cute and vulnerable!!! A lot of people don't like its evolution grumpig, but I think he's pretty cute too.

Tangela. I don't like Tangrowth, but always thought Tangela was cute. Those eyes are so huge and innocent and most of his frame is obscured by vines, it makes him look shy, like he is hiding from you. His design is simpler than his successor. His general look of the big eyes and feet and obscured form remind me of Gossamer from Loony Toons who is also real cute.

Oddish. So simple but endearing, he's just a root, but his face is so kind. He is essentially a round bulb with cartoonish feet sticking out. Those are his only body parts, but I want to hug him even knowing that he is poisonous! I think its evolution Vileplume is equally cute and rather feminine-looking with the big blossom on its head, it makes me think of a woman wearing a wide-brimmed hat. Bellosom is conventionally cute, but I think Vileplume is unconventionally cute

Shuppet- He's a ghost that feeds off of jealousy and vengeance... but he looks so frail, like a child wearing a sheet over his head for a Halloween costume that he doesn't scare me. He's cute. When I a see shupper I'm always looking for a string that he might be banging from secretly, he looks more like a decoration of a ghost than a real one :)

Litwick- Who would have thought you could make a haunted candle so cute? But as soon as I hear his delicate cry, see his chubby frame, half-melted head with the frail wick barely lit and lovely lavender and pastel color scheme I am ready to take him home home with me.

Goodra, I hesitated about naming Goodra because to me his cute appeal is obvious like Drampa and Dragonite as the loving, clumsy dragon. But its not obvious to everyone, there are people who think this gentle giant is gross with his theme of being gooey and messy. But I think he looks like a dragon plushie with that happy expression and oversized tummy.

Gengar- He's a really popular pokemon I know, but he is still a murderous ghost so I think he qualifies as having an unconvential appeal. I say that evil never looked so cute, look at those stubby feet! He's a chubby little thing that floats around in midair, a strong breeze might knock him dizzy. He's got a smile that shows he's up to no good,but its more like a mischievous Cheshire cat smile than a chilling ghost pokemon design like yamask. Gengar is making faces at you and just wants someone to play with.

Back