• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
Years
ok i'm really sad.
I've been trying to hack now for about 2months!
I tryed like every tool i could find out there in the big world of www!
But nowhere it's written how to use all of the stuff step by step.
Could someone (!!!PLEASE!!!) give me a list for the necessary (and maybe the best ones) tools i need with links to all the threads I need to go trough to get to do a hack in a further time like the known ruby destiny series or simil. hacks! (I tryed the hackstuff of mew but without exact explanation i don't get it)
And please nothing with rpg maker i can't stand this programm any more =(

for basic hacking, you will need:

XSE (extreme script editor)
A-map (advanced map)
OW editor RE
Sappy
UNLZ.GBA
and paint.

hope this helps

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
Years
Okay i have a problem with inserting new tiles.
I followed Neti tut about inserting new tiles, but when i inserted the edited tileset, everything except of the original black of the things i inserted turned light green. So if anybody knows what i'm doing wrong
please help, because this is the only thing preenting my from finishing my hack

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Okay i have a problem with inserting new tiles.
I followed Neti tut about inserting new tiles, but when i inserted the edited tileset, everything except of the original black of the things i inserted turned light green. So if anybody knows what i'm doing wrong
please help, because this is the only thing preenting my from finishing my hack

the answer to your question was just a few posts above your post...

You need to first index it and then insert it and recolor the tile to your base tiles!

it's because the pallete of your new grass isn't the same to the old ones...

kingfisher309

I lurrve zubat =D
Years
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 5, 2010
Hye
when i download a ROM base for its new tiles (like Kyledoves, with permission) they are downloaded in IPS format, now as far as i know these act as a patch so people cant heck them in advance map and just play them, but i dont want to play these games i just want the tiles for mapping, and when i do try and play them they crash anyway so i was wondering how do i get the D/P tiles out of an IPS file?

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Hye
when i download a ROM base for its new tiles (like Kyledoves, with permission) they are downloaded in IPS format, now as far as i know these act as a patch so people cant heck them in advance map and just play them, but i dont want to play these games i just want the tiles for mapping, and when i do try and play them they crash anyway so i was wondering how do i get the D/P tiles out of an IPS file?

You would have to patch the IPS to a clean ROM, then you would have to extract the tiles from that ROM with A-Map, and insert the tiles into your hack with A-Map.

DarkPrince304

Back to Hacking after exams!!!
Years
Guys I have a very big problem
I used PokeCry GUI to change the cry of a pokemon then pressed Encode and then pressed Check Rom...I cahnged Pikachu's Cry btw...Then I put the O/W Of Pikachu using A-map an scripted it to test its cry...But now what happens is when I open Fire Red ntohing Happens I just see a White Screen
I created a Backup (.BAK Format) file ...and I don't know How to use it again if I start all over again :(
Please help me

Lukeyjohnno

Hacker-In-Training ;)
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 1, 2013
Guys I have a very big problem
I used PokeCry GUI to change the cry of a pokemon then pressed Encode and then pressed Check Rom...I cahnged Pikachu's Cry btw...Then I put the O/W Of Pikachu using A-map an scripted it to test its cry...But now what happens is when I open Fire Red ntohing Happens I just see a White Screen
I created a Backup (.BAK Format) file ...and I don't know How to use it again if I start all over again :(
Please help me

rename the .bak file to...

ROMNAME.gba

That should work (:

School days again...
Years
How to make the palettes the same?
The grass is inserted correctly but the tress are not.

route1mapp.png

I'm using Wesley FG's tiles.

Xatoku

Game Developer
Years
K well I have this sprite that looks fine before I have a trainerbattle, but after the trainerbattle the sprite's colours are all distorted, help please?

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
K well I have this sprite that looks fine before I have a trainerbattle, but after the trainerbattle the sprite's colours are all distorted, help please?

Try what you did on a clean ROM and give me some feedback, and I will try and help you :P

What tools do I need and how do I totally revamp the Ruby world map?
Links appreciated to tut's and files ^_^

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=180336
Next time please take a look around before asking :P

BliT

Pikachu Fan!
Years
I keep getting Runtime Error 50003 in opening alot of hacking programs.There are only some that work. Usually the main ones like : Advance map, Unlz, Overworld RE,etc.
Some that don't work are : A-Starter,Advance Mart, and some other non important much ones.

Can someone help me fix this?

Years
  • Seen Jan 24, 2015
I tried the Search function, but I am still not sure if this question has been answered.
I have a warp similar to the two in the Regi Chambers.
Actually, I have two of those warps.
How do I make it so that they can work, as right now they do not let me enter.
It worked fine before I put in the second warp...

NatureKeeper

I saw a vedio that the Player's OW can change temporarily and I liked it. But, I have a problem here, Is there a way to make you begin with an overworld and then it changes after a flag is set?

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
I have a question :

I saw a vedio that the Player's OW can change temporarily and I liked it. But, I have a problem here, Is there a way to make you begin with an overworld and then it changes after a flag is set?

Yeah.
But to make it work properly, you would need ASM :P

PlatniumPiano

You are now breathing manually
Years
1. Whenever I step on a script tile I make in the game, the event works fine, but only once. Let's say I want a script tile to block me from reaching a certain area until event x has happened. It blocks me the first time, but I can go right on through the second time. This happens for every script tile I make.

2. If I have a sprite hidden on A-map, and after I use show sprite, I use a give item command- and the sprite dissapears. Once again, this happens every time.

Ideas? Help?

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
1. Whenever I step on a script tile I make in the game, the event works fine, but only once. Let's say I want a script tile to block me from reaching a certain area until event x has happened. It blocks me the first time, but I can go right on through the second time. This happens for every script tile I make.

For this, I think a checkflag command will help. Like, if you want to let the player pass after a certain event has happened, right? So set a flag to that event (the event has to take place in the map itself, though, I think) then put a checkflag in your script - if 0x0 goto a script that will stop you from passing; if 0x1 goto a script that will allow you to pass. So it'll check to see if that one event has happened yet.

But if the event takes place on another map it might be more difficult to do.

I have two things I need help with.

First, is there any way to make a Pokémon uncatchable in a wild battle, like making it act as if it's a trained Pokémon?

Second, with the setwildbattle command, the last number to input is supposed to be the item attached to the wild Pokémon, right? However, I've tried to input certain items (ex: Everstone) to this, but when the Pokémon is captured it has no items attached. Does anyone know why it wouldn't work?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back