• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your favorite generation?

Years
  • gen 4 ate up the other generations!

dppt, hgss, pokemon battle revolution, ranger 1 and 2, and pmd explorers of time/sky/darkness?? these were some of the most iconic entries to the franchise. :femme: (i think all of those are only gen 4 lmao)

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Gen 2 feels like a coloring book and I love it.

Also I like how it kept the simplicity of gen 1, but fixed all the bugs and improved upon it. And it has some of my all time favorite pokemon. (Lanturn, Tyranitar, Crobat).

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2020
    Generation 6, surprisingly. The only reason is because I had so many wonderful memories with my pokemon teams dealing with the games of this generation.

Years
  • gen 4 ate up the other generations!

dppt, hgss, pokemon battle revolution, ranger 1 and 2, and pmd explorers of time/sky/darkness?? these were some of the most iconic entries to the franchise. :femme: (i think all of those are only gen 4 lmao)

i like the things this guy says

Years
  • 5 for me! loved bw so much. 6 come in as close seconds for oras specifically. 3 as well for the nostalgia of constantly replaying rse and frlg with my friend. <3

Years
  • Definitely Gen 5, B/W are great by themselves but when you add the only actual sequels we ever got in B2/W2 it is easy to see that Gen 5 is better than any other generation.
    The second place is Gen 3 for me because R/S/E were great plus we got the first and the best Kanto remakes in FR/LG (my favorite remakes so far).
    Third place is Gen 4 and it would be above Gen 3 if the D/P, and even Platinum in some ways, weren't so slow and sluggish and on top of their slow pace they have a bunch of annoying and slow Routes and areas that slow the game down even more (swamp and snow areas). HG/SS are the best looking remakes but they fail to fix the terrible level scaling of the originals (and that ruins the experience a little bit) and they heavily rely on gimmicks like following Pokemon and even Kanto post-game (but Kanto stuff is more the Gen 2 and G/S/C fault but it's still a part of HG/SS too so...) to make them a great game. Without these "gimmicks" Johto main story, despite the fact that I love this region so much, would just be to short and lackluster to make these games good without the extra stuff they added unlike for example Gen 5 where you don't even see a half of the region until the post-game but you still have more main story content than the entire Johto region ever had. The "idea and concept" so to say of all the Gen 4 games was amazing (probably the best ever) but the technical execution wasn't very good, however D/P/Pt and HG/SS are still great games despite all their flaws, just not good enough for Gen 4 to beat Gen 3 and especially Gen 5 as the best generation ever.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Gen 3 hands down with Gen 6 in second place. Sapphire and then Emerald are probably still my most played Pokemon games and I got Sapphire when I was 8 or 9 and then Emerald and Fire Red when I was 10. I like Gen 6 a lot too beacuse of the Gen 3 remakes and I really like the Gen 6 Dex and the introduction of Mega Evolution.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • The DS generations. Both of them are beyond amazing. Not because they were my first, both of them are genuinely excellent and have great gameplay.

If I had to choose between the two, shockingly enough, I would have to go with gen5. The interface is smooth, it's very good how the gym leaders are incolved in the plot, and I feel it has still aged very well to this day. Gen4 is also amazing because it was my first and introducing the P/S split. Both gen5 games I have always greatly enjoyed playing, as are all but one of the gen4 games.

Back