• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Greenlit: Conspiracy Theories

bobandbill

one more time
Years
These articles I'm proposing are silly ones (although they can make too much sense to become valid if the writer so chooses). Basically, they're theories for the Pokemon world, and they can (with some examples of ones I've written in the past linked) range from 'badges brainwash Pokemon', 'why ash doesn't age', or even 'the protagonists are controlled by their hats'.

As outlandish the claim is though, any article written I feel needs to come with some backing up. It can't be someone saying 'Pikachu is evil!' without any evidence to support that claim. Half the fun of outlandish conspiracy theories is making it seem legitimate!

Any interest or thoughts on this?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
Gengar is a Clefable! Alakazam is satanic! The world is ruled by snake Pokemon!

The rest of Dugtrio's body are invisible tentacles that hold down other Pokemon. That's why it has Arena Trap. Nintendo doesn't want to admit this because rule 34 tentacles would tarnish Dugtrio's reputation.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Yes please.

We really need some fun, silly articles. Would love to help with this!
\o/ And agreed, fun and silly articles are certainly welcome here.
Gengar is a Clefable! Alakazam is satanic! The world is ruled by snake Pokemon!

The rest of Dugtrio's body are invisible tentacles that hold down other Pokemon. That's why it has Arena Trap. Nintendo doesn't want to admit this because rule 34 tentacles would tarnish Dugtrio's reputation.
Those also seem reasonable (although the latter could be more 'what does a diglett/dugtrio look like underneath the ground' article in itself rather than one specific theory. Bet there's a whole lot in that.)

If there's no suggestions/comments with what the general tone or structure of these articles should be I'll approve this category soon. If you're interested in writing any already pitch ideas in a new thread! I may try to write one up for pre-launch as well, depending on when that happens.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
Hello!

I'd be keen on taking this up as a series written from the perspective of Muriel (...or another name if someone can come up with something really clever).

Spr_GS_Medium.png

"Muriel's Musings"? "Muriel The Truthteller"? idk. Name of the series can come later I guess :P

Basically what I'd like to do is expand some conspiracy theories in a humorous way. I can't think of any examples right now but having articles focus on really small features of the Pokémon universe, all the way up to the really massive things (thinking something about Cyrus and his other dimension still existing or something, for an idea of scale haha).

I'd want to write them in a pretty rant-y fashion, with lots of outlandish claims and poor logic connecting things together, not unlike most conspiracy theories we generally come across.

I can't think of a first conspiracy theory to 'showcase' (my brain is pretty dead atm sorry) but open to suggestions. I remember seeing something recently about Ash not aging because he got hit by Mewtwo's (and Mew's? can't remember) attack in the first movie and turned to stone. Would love to expand on that for the first article and throw in some pseudo-scientific bs to back it up haha (again when I'm not super tired).

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I heartily endorse the use of that sprite. :V

I'd want to write them in a pretty rant-y fashion, with lots of outlandish claims and poor logic connecting things together, not unlike most conspiracy theories we generally come across.
Hah, this came up not even an hour ago in a separate chat (Melody can vouch for this =p) where I was reminiscing about a ranty character I wrote elsewhere (example among others linked below that one) based on the tutorial guy in RBY in Viridian (who I called Coffee guy because you meet him passed out due to a "lack of coffee"...sure). I recall those articles being liked fwiw.

Although a) idk if I were to bring him over here I'd use capslock in the article (maybe just bigger font size?), and b) he didn't make conspiracies, he just yelled about things being better in his day. So no overlap!

Actually I'll quickly throw a list of ideas already suggested in this thread:

- Badges brainwash people (written elsewhere, can be revamped)
- Why ash doesn't age (1st movie example with Mewtwo - other theories also exist btw!)
- The protagonists are controlled by their hats (written elsewhere, can be revamped)
- Gengar = Clefable's shadow
- Diglett/Dugtrio's body

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
How about the conspiracy and theory behind Snorunt evolving into a Froslass?

Evolving a female Snorunt into a Froslass is no different than killing it. Why? Snorunt is a pure Ice-type Pokemon and it evolves into a Froslass, which is an Ice/Ghost-type Pokemon.

Here's an interesting dex entry from HGSS to add the creepy factor, which makes it great for conspiracy topics.
Legends in snowy regions say that a woman who was lost on an icy mountain was reborn as Froslass.

I don't have much idea for now and anyone is free to pick up this topic. (:

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
Ahh yes bnb I remember the old Coffee guy in your articles! I think I might have drawn on him for inspiration with Muriel haha.

Thanks for the comments guys!

(Is this where I post a new thread with one of the ideas and expand upon it?)

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Ahh yes bnb I remember the old Coffee guy in your articles! I think I might have drawn on him for inspiration with Muriel haha.

Thanks for the comments guys!

(Is this where I post a new thread with one of the ideas and expand upon it?)
Sure. Then we can do the approval process on each conspiracy idea. (Other people are free to do so as well, but we may delay publications of articles so to space out ones with the same sort of theme going on).

We can meanwhile keep this thread going as a location for throwing around ideas and discussing the general trend of articles.

I think we should consider a few different characters besides Muriel btw. Different people have different writing styles, and for instance the few linked above in the OP aren't quite the same as coffee-guy-esque characterisation., if I were to port them over sometime.

Years
This seems a bit ambiguous in some ways, so far as varying accounts of it go, is the point to report on the 'conspiracy theories,' or to parody them, or in brief defend the games? Having different people doing both might seem a bit at cross-purposes, as if they're basically going at each other. In addition, the division between 'conspiracy theories' about the game, and the things within it, and on the other hand external accusations that it's problematic, seems like it might be worth noting. That said, unless you had much inspiration there, it might be better to have a section looking at strange occurrences in Pokédex entries generally, in this kind of context or as a sort of 'spin-off,' rather than just one of these. There's probably a few things there which are found suspicious, and probably more if you checked.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
This seems a bit ambiguous in some ways, so far as varying accounts of it go, is the point to report on the 'conspiracy theories,' or to parody them, or in brief defend the games? Having different people doing both might seem a bit at cross-purposes, as if they're basically going at each other. In addition, the division between 'conspiracy theories' about the game, and the things within it, and on the other hand external accusations that it's problematic, seems like it might be worth noting. That said, unless you had much inspiration there, it might be better to have a section looking at strange occurrences in Pokédex entries generally, in this kind of context or as a sort of 'spin-off,' rather than just one of these. There's probably a few things there which are found suspicious, and probably more if you checked.
Sorry; your post was a bit hard to read, so if I'm not getting the points please clarify! I'm just not 100% what you mean. That third sentence for example is really throwing me off.

The point is to make up conspiracy theories and write them up (e.g. "Pokemon Trainers are controlled by hats!!"), or examine those that already exist (Gengar/Clefable one, the above Genesect/Kabutops relation for example).

There can be different series for them, e.g. Charlie Brown wants to do some using that character, in a more silly, less serious, ranty format. Other people are free to write other conspiracies in different styles, like the Trainer Hat one mentioned before which is also crazy but more seriously presented. If there's a concern about these contradicting others, that's solved by different headers for the article titles, and if it's a matter of reader interpretation, I'd assume that the tone of writing, introduction and if necessary a disclaimer within the article would solve any potential issues there.

There's no direct relation to dex entries here, so if someone wanted to pitch a series based on those they're free to do so. If someone wants to make a conspiracy about dex entries in general (rather than a specific one), or merely draw on a dex entry as part of evidence for their theory, it'd be a conspiracy theory-esque article.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I'd be keen on taking this up as a series written from the perspective of Muriel (...or another name if someone can come up with something really clever).

Spr_GS_Medium.png

"Muriel's Musings"? "Muriel The Truthteller"? idk. Name of the series can come later I guess :P
So I've come up with an alternative name for the character - Martha. You have alliteration (with Musings, or Medium, etc), and you also have it being a canon name.

As for series name... throwing out a few:

Martha's Mad Musings: ______
Medium Martha's Conspiracy: ______
Martha's Maniacal Claims: ______

Back in the day; conspiracy theories about pokemon were a big deal, I remember people telling a lot of those, but the one that I remember better is the one that implies that: Pokemon red and blue would develop in an alternate universe right after a great massacre. A world war that left most of the kids in the pokemon world orphans. This was supported by the fact that the only non-teenagers male boys left are fellanies like team rocket or gym leaders. The main point of the theory was one of the gym leaders (Note: It's been ages since I played the games, I also played the games in spanish and the names between the spanish and english verions varies greatly) the gym leader was called Lt. Surge I believe, and he had electric type pokemons. When you face him in battle he says something like this: "Hey kid, you won't live long during combat. Electric pokemons saved me during the war. They paralyzed my enemies. And I'm gonna do the same to you.

This theory was very fun and interesting, and I remember it making a lot more sense than how I explained it. I'll let you know if I remember anything else.
Hmm, that is interesting. May be a few other points in its favour too (usually the protagonist character is fatherless - but why?, Xatu's dex entry also references to a rl country, etc). Such a theory would probably work better as a more serious entry, so no Martha's imo.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I like "Martha's Mad Musings" for the title. "Alliteration always aggregates into an avalanche of actual attention." Also, if we do want to keep this series of articles for more silly subjects, the title gives off that feel. Because yeah, I feel like the more serious theories people want to share should be their own thing and not something spouted from the lips of a crazy woman named Martha.

Back