• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Double update on Sinnoh games reveals Hidden Moves, Kleavor

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Missed the mark on Kleavor. Fit the axe blades in well. Sees the Scyther-line in its legs, feet, and arms. Objects to its face. Looks humanoid with a beard, eyebrows, and face structure, rather than a bug. Thinks of Lysandre (or some anime character).

Does anyone else think the packs on Lian and Mai are too high up? Crosses the lower ribs.

Noticed the Stantler and Ursaring on Mai (and possibly a Stantler bracelet?). Is the pattern on the right leg supposed to be anything? Sees a Hoopa-like design.

Hm. Do the bracelets mean anything? Spotted one on each of the four new characters. Could be a symbol of being a warden.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I must say his "glowing" form - or whatever that's called - is some super low effort graphic design. It looks like a grand total of two shades of yellow. Like, come on.

I like the idea. They are really trying to deliver us Breath of the Wild x Pokemon. But give yourself a few more years. This rushed release date is not doing anyone any favours.

What worries me is that if it doesn't sell well on release, they will assume people don't like the idea and that they shouldn't pursue any similar releases in the future. That would absolutely not be the case. I think I speak for most people when I say I LOVE THE IDEA. Just take your time with it. The game looks SO rushed and unfinished.

Last edited:

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • This trailer was really good! It didn't really feel rushed to me imo, I especially liked the customization section. That said, I hate the Arc Phone and being able to take photos. It's the first sign of them not really taking the setting seriously, which disappoints me a lot!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Outside of the glowing Kleavor and the battle animations still being as poor as they've long been in the series (which is something they really need to address already), the game looks fine visually to me. What people should be more concerned about with the game is whether or not we're getting a lot of (quality) content and Hisui is fun to explore and the world/lore is well-built--the things that actually make open world games great.

Photography being a thing isn't strange given the time period this game likely takes place in, but there being a phone (which was not shown in the trailer?) is. I can live with it though.

also good to have confirmation on character customization

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Not a fan of what's basically a smartphone in 18th century Japan, seriously what's wrong with a paper map Gamefreak - _-
    That said, Kleavor's existence has some interesting implications, like maybe Hisui/Sinnoh's industrialision depleted the minerals Scyther needed to evolve into it

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I am glad they are adding even more new pokemon, even though Scyther really didn't need one. But it does make a good idea with the difference between rock and steel.

I am not really a fan of Kleavor to be honest. I guess it does make sense, since it is supposed to cleave, which matches Scyth and Scissors. I think the arms could have be better and I wish it stood up straight. I also really hate the color. For me, I think it is the color that is making me not like it 100% to be fairly honest. I will say that it kinda remind me of Genesect though.

I also really don't like the smart phone thing... why is it needed? Why did they have to put technology like that in the game? Like others have said, why do we not just have a map? If we have a smart phone, then why are we drawing the pokemon instead of taking a picture. Why do they not already have a Pokedex if they have smart phones?

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'll wait and play the game to form any real opinions here. I think Kleavor looks neat, but at the same time don't think Scyther needed anything new for it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2022
    The smartphone makes me think there's going to be some kind of time travel/dimension hopping shenanigans, which I guess is par for the course in Pokemon now considering the Ultra stuff. I'm not a big fan of the new variants so far except maybe Basculegion because I like fish and am a sucker for underrated 'mons.

Back