Progressing ROM Hacks This forum is for ROM hacks which are currently in production, but not yet finished. Come and find a ROM hack that's starting out, or post your own for others to see! For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Old June 19th, 2018 (11:14 AM).
Divider of Zero

Nature: Relaxed
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Satanael_CTGO View Post
    I'm having an issue patching the ROM. Every time I do so, it says it patches successfully, but I just get a white screen.

Unrelated, but can you get a Squirtle in this game? If so, where?
    Are you patching it to the fire red (squirrels) rom? And have you made sure it's the 1.0 rom and not the 1.1?

For squirtle yes you can get it relatively early in the game. The answer is in spoilers just in case.
    Spoiler:
    In Vermillion City when you beat Lt. Surge, talk to the sailor in the middle of the city. He's in the same spot where you would normally get a squirtle in Pokemon Yellow, I was feeling unoriginal haha
    Old June 25th, 2018 (7:52 AM).

Nature: Timid
      Thanks! I can play it now. I love it so far!

Name: Sylveon
      Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage
      Old June 28th, 2018 (7:28 PM). Edited June 29th, 2018 by vampiricrogue.
      skydemonairpirates

Nature: Quirky
        Hey Teh Blazer (sp?)

Just wanted to note that I apparently reached the end of beta 2 in my livestream today ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eP1reRhgxx8 )

I just want to know that if and when beta 3 comes out, will our save data be able to be carried over, or do we have to start over...?

Thanks much.

----EDIT LINE------------------------------------

Oh yes, i need to tell you that we found a horrible bug in the gamecorner in the livestream here: https://youtu.be/qs1K6-5fI14?t=2h3m16s

It starts at 1:58:47, but it really shows at 2:03:16 (supplied the timestamp in the link)

Basically those spinning tiles had softlocked the game, so we had to work our way around it.

Also there was a ton of lag, but I guess that is to be expected.

Then in todays stream we found the mega evolutions for enemies is a little... off... as seen here at this time stamp: https://youtu.be/eP1reRhgxx8?t=1h53m31s
        It does this with every enemy that has a mega

Also the fishing animation does not work very well. https://youtu.be/eP1reRhgxx8?t=2h6m44s

And then I encountered the three shinies in a row, even if the rom was buggy at the time, it turned the two captured shiny digletts into level 100 shiny vileplumes in the box.... I don't understand that either...

Wld encounters also dramatically decreased after the 4th badge, so i have to run around in grass for 10-20 minutes to get even one encounter.... which sometimes caused a level 4 caterpie to kill a level 100 umbreon in one blow.... which, I don't quite understand that either.... o.O;

Hope all of the bug reports helped out!
        Old July 5th, 2018 (2:06 AM). Edited July 29th, 2018 by brokjQQ9.

Anyone still alive?? :/
          Old August 16th, 2018 (9:43 PM).

There currently is a problem with Porygon. It is currently the most broken pokemon in this Rom for not being affected by status conditions. Side note: When poison wears off outside of battle, Mr. Fuji's diary is partially read.
            Old September 7th, 2018 (8:32 PM). Edited September 7th, 2018 by Blaumagier.

I just finished the beta and thought it would only be proper to report my findings and thoughts. First the bugs. I know some of these have been mentioned before, but for completion's sake, I will list everything I found.

1. When poison wears off at 1 HP while walking around (which functions correctly) after the message about surviving the poison, it will show the text from Mr. Fuji's diary

2. When reviving the Helix fossil, I talked to the guy immediately after giving it to him and he said it was ready (which I figured was a joke about how long it takes to review e Pokemon fossils) but my party was full. When I came back I got the "it's not ready yet" message and I had to leave and come back again to get my Omanyte.

3. Wild encounter rate drops to almost 0 while a fossil is being revived.

4. There is a stone on the outer edge of the first new screen of Mt. Moon that you can step on. I may get a picture later if I remember to.

5. There are 5 NPC's in Celadon City that have no interaction: a girl in the department store, the Poliwhirl outside the developer building, and the three Pokemon surrounding the old lady who gives you the tea in vanilla.

6. There are 2 signs on the cycling route that read gibberish.

7. The link cable item causes some funky issues. First let me state that it does function as I was able to evolve my Haunter and Kadabra with them. However, once you move the cursor past it in the menu, item descriptions and their icons disappear. You can back out and it returns to normal or if you try to select an item it will softlock. In battle, it causes a soft lock to move the cursor past the link cable no matter what.

8. Initially I had no trouble getting through the rocket base. When I came back through at the end sweeping for hidden items, no matter which arrow panel I stepped on, I would move one space before stopping and it would be soft locked. No idea what caused it or even how to fix it as resets weren't fixing it.

9. Some Pokemon don't appear in the Pokedex's listing for where they are if they are found in areas not in the vanilla game. I'm not sure exactly what triggers this as some Pokemon do show up, but I suspect it is Pokemon that ONLY show up in the new area and not in the surrounding vanilla areas.

10. After trading my Fearow for the Slowpoke on SS Anne, the little girl who wanted a Butterfree for a Beedrill acted like I had already traded her (I am 100% certain I had not as I actually tried to do both at the same time). Nothing would reset this bug.

11. When foes use Mega Evolution, the animation goes off but the sprite does not change. The next Pokemon they bring out, regardless what it is, will have the Mega Evolution's sprite. Pokemon after that are normal. The Mega itself seems to function correctly aside from this graphical error.

12. And last, several sprites aren't implemented and Blue reverts back to Red for those sprites.

Now for my final thoughts.

I love the concept of this hack. The new areas are pretty well done and the changes to the story fit in a way that really makes sense with Red's encounters with Blue in the vanilla game. There are also several nice bits where good attention to detail was made, such as retroactively adding Red's name to the winner list of Gyms periodically and Blue bragging about his number of Pokemon caught on SS Anne being the actual number of Pokemon you have caught up to that point. I'm not so much a fan of the working for Giovanni subplot and implied corruption of the Oak family. Perhaps the ending of it will change my mind, but Blue and the Oaks aren't criminals. I'm not saying there's no way they would ever do Giovanni's bidding, but it feels like it should be a more reluctant agreeance to do so. All in all, I thoroughly enjoyed this hack and I'm currently working on filling the Pokedex as well as I can and I hope to be able to play beta 3 before long.
              Old September 9th, 2018 (11:11 AM).
              8 badges in Kanto, I have 10

Interesting idea. I'm always a big fan of the rival, so this hack speaks to me. Once completed, I'll be back to test it out. Hope this hack continues! Good luck.
                Old September 14th, 2018 (2:49 AM).

ohh c'mon... no upgrade yet?
                  Old September 25th, 2018 (2:08 PM).

How do I get surf?
                    Old 4 Weeks Ago (10:11 AM).

can anyone tell me if this hack will ever go on?

Quick Reply