• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Unlikely partners

Sawsbuck

used Jump Kick! It's super effective!
Years
  • Numel/Camerupt, always ignored it and always went with Carvanha/Sharpedo instead, but I was needing a fire type for an ice gym and I decided to give Camerupt a try and it destroyed the gym so I decided to keep using it
    Another one was Druddigon that I used to defeat the E4 in Sun because it had a good attack stat and I didn't know what else to use on my team

Last edited:

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    Numel/Camerupt, always ignored it and always went with Carvanha/Sharpedo instead, but I was needing a fire type for an ice gym and I decided to give Camerupt a try and it destroyed the gym so I decided to keep using it
    Another one was Druddigon that I used to defeat the E4 in Sun because it had a good attack stat and I didn't know what else to use on my team

I like Numel/Camerupt quite a lot! Glad you enjoyed it, too :P
    In which game did you use it?
    Was the Druddigon around with your team for a long time or was it just a random addition before the e4?

Years
  • Numel/Camerupt, always ignored it and always went with Carvanha/Sharpedo instead, but I was needing a fire type for an ice gym and I decided to give Camerupt a try and it destroyed the gym so I decided to keep using it

I used Camerupt during the main story in OR/AS and it did the job very well. While it unfortunately didn't get much use compared to the rest of my team (thanks to Team Aqua and all those Water-type trainers) it did hold up well when it had to shine.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • I used an Adamant Gardevoir and an Adamant Magneton in my very first playthrough of Ruby Version. In my own defence I had no ideas what natures were all about back then. xD

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • I used Vivillon in my Pokemon Y play through. It was the first time I had ever used a bug type in a play through, and it definitely helped out my team a lot!

On the other hand, I used a Bewear in my play through of Sun and it was very underwhelming offensively. Maybe because it had a poor nature, but still. Bad natures aren't as bad in-game as they are competitively.

Years
  • I used Vivillon in my Pokemon Y play through. It was the first time I had ever used a bug type in a play through, and it definitely helped out my team a lot!

On the other hand, I used a Bewear in my play through of Sun and it was very underwhelming offensively. Maybe because it had a poor nature, but still. Bad natures aren't as bad in-game as they are competitively.

I used Vivillon early in X, and he did a good job for me. Had to leave him in the PC for a new team member, but he definitely shone and since the postgame he has been in rotation ever since.

I did use Bewear in my Moon playthrough, and I think it did me well. Mine was Mild (what nature was yours and did it likely have bad IVs) which isn't the worst nature, but she did carry me to victory against Team Mimikyu with that Fluffy ability for sponging up contact moves.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • I used Vivillon early in X, and he did a good job for me. Had to leave him in the PC for a new team member, but he definitely shone and since the postgame he has been in rotation ever since.

I did use Bewear in my Moon playthrough, and I think it did me well. Mine was Mild (what nature was yours and did it likely have bad IVs) which isn't the worst nature, but she did carry me to victory against Team Mimikyu with that Fluffy ability for sponging up contact moves.

Vivillon for the win! :D

I forget the IV's, but I do remember that it also lacked the Fluffy ability. I just remember that... it was pretty bad without Fluffy lol

Years
  • I forget the IV's, but I do remember that it also lacked the Fluffy ability. I just remember that... it was pretty bad without Fluffy lol

Yeah.

That's my PSA to anyone considering Bewear, only use one if it has Fluffy. It's because Klutz was one of the most useless abilities ever made in the universe of Pokemon.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • Yeah.

That's my PSA to anyone considering Bewear, only use one if it has Fluffy. It's because Klutz was one of the most useless abilities ever made in the universe of Pokemon.

I should have paid more attention to that, but during first playthroughs I enjoy catching pokemon that I like and I treat them more "Ash Ketchum" style: What i get is what i get and the value of the pokemon is not decreased because of that.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • Even though I've always liked the pokemon, I didn't expect to use the Luxray I captured in my latest hack nuzrun. I was just going to evolve him, keep him in the Daycare and only bring him out if anything bad happens and keep my original plan of 5 teammates + a HM slave. But then I saw that at the time I caught him, next up will be the Water villians and the Flying gym. So he ended up on the gang, and proved to be a surprisingly great team member and a nice mixed attacker ( he had a +Sp.attk nature and I REALLY wanted to use that Thunderbolt TM).

I also agree with the users who were talking about Vivillon earlier on.

Last edited:
    Back