• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Altered Emerald (386+ patch with new maps and 7th gen battle engine/evos)

What's your rating, guys?

• ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 352 70.8%
  • ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 115 23.1%
  • ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 15 3.0%
  • ✰ ✰

Votes: 4 0.8%
  • Votes: 11 2.2%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm trying to evolve my Haunter into Gengar. Her happiness is maxed out and it's the PM, yet she's not evolving.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Hey guys, I've been playing this for a while, and I really want to get a Dusknoir, however I can't seem to find the reaper cloth on Mt. Pyre Summit like it says it is, I've checked everywhere, do I need to be at a specific point in the story for it to appear or am I dumb?

Hey, I know this is late, but if I recall correctly, you should talk to some of the tombstones ye get some hidden items. Hope this helps. :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2021
    I keep running into this issue where when I pick my starter the screen just remains black is there a way to fix this?

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • I keep running into this issue where when I pick my starter the screen just remains black is there a way to fix this?

Hey man, this could be the case because of three possible reasons:

1. You applied the patch on an Emerald ROM which isn't clean.

2. You downloaded a pre patched ROM from a website. Possibly they patched it onto an unclean ROM.

3. What emulator are you using? What platform are you playing on? There are cases in which some ROM Hacks don't run properly on certain emulators.

Years
  • I spent some time looking through the games encounter zones and made a list of all the random encounters and their rates. thought it should be posted on this thread, so here it is: github link

I did this cause I found that the list provided with the game says there is togepi in rusturf tunnel, and there very much is not.

Years
  • Hey man, the hack is cool and I've been enjoying it a lot, especially since I've been looking for an emerald hack with cross-gen evos that actually works (looking at you, unpatchable Theta Emerald) for a while now. However, I do have one major grievance:
    Why, in the name of everything that is holy, is the Exeggcute sprite a single egg? It makes me uncomfortable and I had to change my team because of that...

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2020
    I have two bug reports:

1. Safety Specs, which is found in Mauville crashes the game.
    2. Protector, fond in the Safari Zone, also crashes the game.
    When you scroll over them in your bag the game crashes.

Problem: I have no save file without the protector. Any idea how I get rid of the Protector without scrolling over it? Or edit the save file? Or is there a patch that prevents the crash?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: just went on the discord. There is no bug fix but you can ignore the item:
    Use your item pc. Store all good items except one, get them all back, and use select to move the last good item below the error item. Now the bad item is on top, and your selection bar below it. Only a few minutes work. I put a bunch of mails and X items (x attack etc.) directly under the bad item so it will surely draw my attention and remind me of the bad item (I never use those kinda items anyway)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2020
    Wanted to report a bug.. the Drain Punch tutor in Mosdeep city teaches Pound, not Drain Punch. I burst out laughing when I saw it!

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2020
    Just got done with the Elite four.. and here's my final team!
    Just wanna say, this has been one of my favourite and most polished hacks of emerald(my favourite game, btw). Right now, it's in the Top 3 with Blazed Glazed and Gaia.
    Probably the most challenging Elite Four I've had to battle!
    Spoiler:

Now that I'm done with the Elite four, I just wanted to list some tiers for the Pokemon I played with!
    Spoiler:

All in all, amazing 10/10 hack! Wish to see more projects from you in the future!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200526-141927.jpg
      Screenshot_20200526-141927.jpg
      121.8 KB · Views: 42
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Just started playing this hack last night and I'm having a lot of fun with it! Noticed an odd little glitch, though, and I didn't see any mention of it when I tried searching through the thread. When I use Trick Treat on normal-type Pokemon, it works just fine, but I'm still unable to attack them with ghost-type attacks, saying it doesn't affect them, even though they've become ghost-types seeing as normal-type attacks also don't affect them.

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2020
    Hey just wanted to know that I've been having great fun playing your rom hack as a fan of the third generation games. I've been using a murkrow throughout my playthrough and he's currently at level 37, how do I make him evolve? Normally, you would get a dusk stone but those don't exist apparently so where would I get them?

I don't think you can evolve him. Dusk Stones were introduced in Gen 4.

Years
  • I'm having some trouble with the optional types patch, see... I'm doing a nuzlocke, an elekid used thunderpunch on my gyarados, the super effective message showed up, it got k.o. and that's when I saw that gyarados was still a Water/Flying type, even though I applied both the altered emerald patch and the optional type patch into a proper clean Trashman emerald version. Still, the types didn't change.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • Oh wow another one of those cool Pokemon Emerald hacks that change the pokedex entries, maybe i'll try it someday

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2020
    Thanks Opunium, I was scared my game was ruined! The safety spec bug still exists.

Edit: now I can't open my bag at all without crashing. I assume it's the safety spec causing it to crash and somehow my cursor went back to the top of the bag. Help Luuma ☹

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    Are there berry crush machines anywhere in this game? I'd like to farm energy root using berries.

Back