• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TV Your Ending Point Of Shows

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    You ever stop watching a show a season or two before it actually ends and declare all seasons after your "end point" to not exist?

I did that with Castle. Stopped at the end of season 7, and skipped season 8. Season 9, if it had happened, would have been horrendous too, since they were going to get rid of Beckett.

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    i've never been able to get past season 3 of lost

once the flash forwards started i well and truly gave up on j.j abrams

Years
  • I should have just watched the first and only the first season of Once Upon A Time and stopped there. The second and even the third weren't bad per se, but they weren't up to the quality of the first season and nothing they do with the plot or characters really goes anywhere.

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    I should have just watched the first and only the first season of Once Upon A Time and stopped there. The second and even the third weren't bad per se, but they weren't up to the quality of the first season and nothing they do with the plot or characters really goes anywhere.

once upon a time seems so ridiculous that even my delightfully campy self refuses to touch it

Arjay

#GoStags
    Years
  • I watched the first season of Zoo and loved it, but for whatever reason I didn't watch the new season. I don't even know why I couldn't be bothered, because I really enjoyed it. Maybe I will catch up on it at some point.

Years
  • once upon a time seems so ridiculous that even my delightfully campy self refuses to touch it
    That is an accurate description. Even the first season isn't perfect, and it's certainly not got anything going for it in the camp/comedy area.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2017
    X-Files is one of my favorite shows but I could have theoretically stopped at season 5 (or I guess the first movie which takes place right after season 5). I didn't stop but but I could have. I think the show went down hill from there but there are still a few really good episodes in seasons 6, 7, 8 and 9. As much as I love some of the funnier episodes of the show (Clide Bruckman's Final Repose/Jose Chung's From Outer Space) I think season 7 may have over done it, personally.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • I know I've done this with several shows, but the only show that comes to mind currently is Dexter. I watched 4 seasons and each got worse. I ended up just watching the last episode of the last season that was currently out and then gave up. This was like 6 years ago. Oh, and Merlin...Skins.....uh, can't remember anything else. Been years since I watched any TV other than GoT.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    I stopped watching Jojo's Bizarre Adventure after Stardust Crusaders since it ended on a high note and I didn't feel like making myself miserable watching the rest.

Also dropped Agents of Shield, Gotham, Arrow and Flash after one season since I lost interest, but I've kept up with Supergirl (and now they mention a three-way crossover with Arrow, Flash and Supergirl with characters I've never seen or heard of, so that's gonna be fun.)

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I wish I had the self-respect required to walk away from godawful television, but NOPE. I go down with my ships. My best example is making myself see How I Met Your Mother through to the bitter end. I'll watch pretty much everything to completion if I'm genuinely hooked.

The good news is that I hardly watch TV anymore so this isn't as much of a problem.

Bay

Years
  • There are some comedy shows I probably dropped due to losing interest or not remembering when they're airing if the time/day changes. Otherwise, I think I might consider Sleepy Hollow's last season an end for me. I might still check out season 4 if it airs, but what they pulled at the third season finale there still upsets me (though not as much as Tumblr lol).

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • For me a show has to end at season 5. Each shows I've watched isn't great after 5 seasons. It might be too long.

Gigadweeb

[b][i]The Black Swordsman[/i][/b]
    Years
  • Walking Dead started getting good again but after the season 6 finale I could only bring myself to watch the premiere of season 7

fucking AMC

Years
  • I don't know why there's a second season of Black Butler, honestly. Some shows just need to stop at a certain point before they get ridiculous, like Alias back in the day or LO: SVU.

Back