• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Camelot Trigger - A legend retold [T]

Years
Hi, could I reserve a place please?
Just thought I should mention that this is my first rp, but my senpai is Deceptio so I am in good hands and promise not to be atrocious c;

Welcome to the RPC
Deceptio has told us you'd be joining and we're looking forward to RPing with you!

Just randomly hijacking Sonata's thread to welcome people xD

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
Years
18e75a922b9c3cbde62037eef244e2fa.jpg

Name and rank in the military:
Sienna Peredyr. Currently not enlisted in the military and possessing of no rank as a result.

"To be perfectly blunt, I've no time for ranks and regulation. Should someone demand my respect enough to command me then I'll answer directly to them. No status or title shall bind that."

Gender and Age:
Sienna is a female, approximately 23 years of age.

"In my prime and always ready to fight when it is required. Though it is always better to avoid when not so required at all."

Character's appearance:
[WIP, for now as seen in picture.]

"I-I don't tend to talk about my looks in great detail. Is this line of questioning really all that relevant?"

Home planet:
Technically speaking, Sienna was born on Venus. However she has grown up and spent most of her life in the wreck alongside her Mother and those whom stand with her.

"Not the most glamorous of upbringings. But it's shaped me into someone I feel I can be proud of."

Background and History of you:
[WIP]

"The past is a long winded topic I feel."

Roleplay Sample:
[Will add soon.]

"I don't often give compliments, but expect a sterling performance from my writer."

Mecha.jpg

Appearance:
[Will add soon, for now the picture will suffice.]

"As I've been told is a tradition on my home World, my mother passed down my armor to me when I came of age. I have since grown rather accustomed to it, it is... pretty, isn't it?"

Equipment and Related Abilities:

Head: Enhanced Sensory Radar:
Two prolonged protrusions coming from the mech's head are able to sense movement and heat signatures of any kind even in the dense, cold darkness of space. This allows Sienna to pick up on non-cloaked mechs nearby from from fairly sizable distances. The radar is built to have extended range over standard models and can even detect much fainter signatures from second rate armors using weaker cloaking devices. This radar however, is completely worthless while in the breach, not working at all and leaving Sienna with only basic tracking software installed in her Mech's core functions. This is a known problem with the hardware but so far Sienna has been unable to get it fixed.

"My mother was apparently gifted this system by my Father on our home World. I never knew my Father, but he clearly was rather cheap if he bought Mother faulty tech, still... a minor fault aside this radar is a major benefit."

Right Arm: Clar-3NT:
A high frequency arm-mounted blade of unique and unknown model and make. Found and added to Per-C-VA7 by Sienna after she found the mysterious weapon among the scavenged materials in the Wreck. The sword is a high frequency blade, meaning that by super heating itself to ridiculous temperatures through high frequency vibration, it can cut through almost anything (apart from other blades and a few powerful shield systems. High-frequency rapiers with super heated points, as well as other elegant swords of this type and others, were popular on Venus. However, Clar-3NT is slightly jagged along it's blade... as well as heavier and heftier when compared to others of it's type. Sienna's Mother despised the addition and always urged her daughter to remove it, calling it an "ugly excuse for a weapon". Sienna swears by it however and believes herself more than capable of using the heavy weapon elegantly in combat.

"Mother was always stubborn... I only wished that she had given me a chance to prove to her first-hand just what Clar-3NT can do. I suppose it doesn't matter now."

Left Arm: G.R.A.I.L.:
After she and her mech were almost destroyed by an exploding asteroid during a fierce battle in the wreck, Sienna awoke to find herself drifting amidst rubble. Somehow not destroyed, she found that a mysterious new piece of technology was fastened to her Mech's arm. Searching through her ships systems she found a new command prompt for a strange combination of weapon and life-support system known as the Grand Reactant Armor Integration Lazer, or the G.R.A.I.L. for short. The Grail was a system that could react to a humans mental state within their armor and preform artificial maintenance on said armor as a reaction to said state. Incredibly, judging by the status report, after noticing that Sienna had been out cold, the Grail automatically began to repair her armor and use it's built in life support system to keep her living until standard repairs were completed. The grail takes the form of a small box mounted on Per-C-VA7's left arm, when in states of dire and defensive positions it functions as a life-support system and provides additional energizing and medicinal procedures for the armors pilot. When in dire or offensive situations, the Grail can act as a high powered beam of concentrated energy, said beam being launched from a cannon opening on the units front. The beam, though small, is capable of cutting through incredibly tough surfaces, though it drains energy very quickly and can lead to the G.R.A.I.L. shutting off temporarily if overused. Remarkably, if the pilot does not feel that the Grail is needed, then the device will react to and understand this sentiment by shutting off to conserve power until required.

"To this day, I have no idea how G.R.A.I.L. found itself onto my armor during that fateful encounter. But I am forever grateful to whatever God deemed it a fitting match for me in that single instant."

Back: A-3G15:
A pair of "wings" built onto the back of Sienna's armor. Fairly standard issue, they allow for extra maneuverability and a slight increase in speed and dexterity while moving about. They can also be used to preform intricate maneuvers like dodging rolls and flips in flight with much greater ease than standard models. The wings are quite fragile however, and can easily be destroyed. On the other hand, being stock models makes them easily replaced and since these wings are usually given to mech's built around dodging, one shouldn't plan on getting hit too often regardless.

"Mother gave me Per-C-VA7 with the A-3G15 system already installed, but the parts used in making it are so common that I was never without repair materials. Even in the Wreck."

Legs: Specialized Propulsion Models - GR-3AT_7A-NC35:
With a mouthful of a name, these somewhat higher grade leg thrusters are designed around two concepts. Speed and combat. Able to propel most light mechs with high speed and dexterity during flight, these thruster models are one of the favorites among Venusian Valkyries. The legs are modeled after large lances and can be used for various fly-by kick and piercing maneuvers in combat, perfect for catching an opponent off guard. However, like most of Sienna's mech, these thrusters are very much glass cannons. It doesn't take much damage before using them for combat would be suicide and once destroyed completely, Sienna is limited to basic thrusters located on the back of her mech, which are very slow and leave her as essentially a sitting duck.

"Another original feature of Per-C-VA7 and one I actually appreciate quite well. The speed and dexterity approach to combat is one I have always preferred and it's one of the reason why my fellow Edge Knights revere me as much as they do."

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years

Name and rank in the military:
General Serena Rozaline​

Gender and Age:
27, Female​

Character's appearance:
6' 5" Caucasian female. Slender but muscular and weighing 125 pounds. Short, black choppy hair and crystal blue eyes. Generally wears black or dark purple lipstick when she cares to make an effort on her appearance.​

Home planet:
Earth​

Background and History of you:
tbd​

Roleplay Sample:
tba​

Cyclone Mk III

Equipment and Related Abilities:

Head: Mind's eye
The mind's eye cockpit is an extremely strong transparent polymer that allows for 360 degrees of vision both in and out and looks like a bucket. The neurohelm that comes with this model covers the pilot's eyes. Within the cockpit is a high powered laser that rotates at about 700 oscillations per minute. This allows for accurate 360 degree mapping of the Cyclone's surroundings and bypasses most camouflage.​

Hands: Alea
Alea are a set of claws, coated in several layers of multiple different metals to give maximum protection and piercing capabilities. They can rip through some of the thickest of hulls. They are set to all converge into one point, but after penetration they open up ripping their entry point open even wider.​

Back: Xandr
Xandr are twin bandoliers of 30 corrosive bombs hidden in the Cyclone's back compartment. They run through the back and into Alea. When Alea rips a hole into something, they push Xandr through into the opening. Thus planting a hyper corrosive acid within that upon explosion is capable of completely disintegrating anything smaller than a 10 meter armour.​

Legs: Evasion boosters
Boosters that help in evasive maneuvers.​

Last edited:
Years
Here's my SU!

Name and rank in the military: B52-L0B-573R, a.k.a. "Rock", First Sergeant

Gender and Age: Male, 33

Character's appearance: B52 looks like what you would expect a knight to look like: well-muscled, lantern jawed, brown hair and dark eyes. His skin is dark tan, his hair is cut to military buzz length, and he is clean shaven. As a testament to his skill in fighting, he has several scars across his face and arms that he bears proudly. The only exception to his knightly appearance is his height. Or rather, his lack of height. At 4' 8", he is decidedly shorter than one would expect from a knight. His muscle mass is as much from a desire to look larger as it is a result of back breaking physical labor in the mines.

Spoiler:

Home planet: Mars

Mech name, a description of it and its abilities:
Spoiler:

Rock's Armor started as a Saturnine "Quarterstaff" unit before it was totalled in combat. Rock stumbled upon it while searching for spare parts, and has spent years rebuilding and modifying it. Originally it was known only as "D-16", the only legible writing on it's frame, but Rock has renamed it "Aoiyama", so named for the mine he worked in during his childhood, a reminder of his past and how far he has come.

Aoiyama is a humanoid mech, its heavily armored torso and arms giving it the impression of a barrel-chested bodybuilder. In contrast to its heavy top, the legs are an average size, making them appear proportionally small, with oversized feet for balance. A popular joke being that the mech "skipped leg day" in favor of upper body exercise. The paint job reflects the mech's hodgepodge nature, with each piece having its own color. Strangely, the arrangement brings to mind a robotic luchador, with a gunmetal gray torso and arms (evoking a bare chest), matte black lower body (pants), and ruby red hands, feet, and head (gloves, boots, and mask, respectively).

Head: "Snubnose" Battle Helmet (An armored head piece with a green visor where the eyes would be and a "battle mask" covering everything below. The mouthplate can retract, revealing a high-caliber gun barrel, a short-mid range weapon that provides the element of surprise, but prohibits a cockpit in the head.)

Torso: "Hercule" Breastplate (A bulky chestplate that offers excellent protection from melee and ranged attacks, but is susceptible to energy attacks. The cockpit is located where the human heart would be, and is more cramped than average. Due to its smaller size and proximity to the central engine, the cockpit gets much hotter than other cockpits.)

Right Arm: Carbonadium Magnetic Grapple (Mid range grappling hook launcher. Magnetic claw allows wielder to grab objects from a distance, useful for trip attempts, pulling down barricades, or vertical ascension.)

Left Arm: "Tower" Heavy Shield (Reinforced shield offers excellent protection from melee and ranged attacks, can be used as a bludgeoning weapon.)

Legs: "Rainbow" Dash Boosters (Named for their seven-directional rocket boosters, which allow for quick bursts of speed in any direction but down. Legs are actually matte black, not multicolored.)

Background and History: Born on Mars, Rock has been working in the mines since he was old enough to push a cart. Living underground and working constantly left the inhabitants of the Aoiyama iron mine rather behind on current events. In fact, the Emergent had been defeated for almost a year before anyone came and told them. Even then, they were encouraged to keep digging, as the factories and foundries would need more metal for Arthur's army.

Rock had learned how to fix machinery when it broke, and resolved to build his own Armor and finally be free on the surface. Although he only had access to scrap metal, he was fortunate enough to find most of a frame buried in a stack of junk. With a skeleton to build off of, he was able to cobble together a working Armor, as parts were abundant after the battles. Like all of his repair work, the finished product wasn't pretty, but it was sturdy, and he could quickly fix anything that went wrong. He entered the arena, and has fought his way up the ranks, modifying and upgrading his Armor as he did. He often takes "trophies" from Armor he destroys, finding a way to work it into his own.

Roleplay Sample: In which B52 finds his Armor and starts his quest for glory.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years

Igor Alexiy
9MG6rMd.jpg

Male || 31 || Captain

Character's appearance

Being around 6' tall and possessing a rather muscular body due to arduous training and experiences, one could rightly qualify Igor as quite the imposing man. In terms of looks, you could say he's quite average. Short brown hair to "maximize his efficiency on the field", boring black eyes and a very stubble beard. He also tends to avoid any extravagant haircut.

Igor's wardrobe could symbolize his entire personality : simple, plain and boring. As he mostly wears his combat uniform, he had never thought or even deemed it necessary to expand his wardrobe much further. In fact, most of it consists of plain shirts, that are either white or black, and trousers that are black as well.

Home planet

Saturn

Altaisen

OAbzbnW.jpg

Altaisen is the probably the thing Igor cherishes the most after his own life and his pride. The mech was crafted by himself, with various parts of armor he found through his father's business, and is therefore very different from the typical Saturnine armor. The whole body of Altaisen is covered in titanium, allowing for fast movement and moderate resistance to enemy attacks.

Head : Advanced Targeting System
The ATS, for short, allows for multiple enemy targeting and provides possible maneuvers to the pilot. It also serves as database for informations on previously encountered mechs, informations he will gather with his built-in scanner.

Arms : Arx TitanHands
This is the main offensive weapon of Altaisen. TitanHands was specifically designed to deliver powerful energy blasts from short to medium range, powered by the energy from the Burst Core.

Front : Burst Core
Altaisen's very essence. The Burst Core is an advanced reactor that powers the mech. Resistant to attacks, not prone to heating, the Burst Core drains very fast however due to having to provide a large energy flow to Altaisen. This mini-reactor also possesses a special ability known as "BurnOut". When this ability is active, Altaisen's speed and power are doubled, which also doubles the mech's power consumption.

Back : Ylion Stabilization Wings
Those wings are used to keep the mech stable, even when it reaches top speed. Especially useful for taking sharp turns.

Legs : Delta Air Propellers
The DAP allows Altaisen to reach great speeds, at the cost of energy from the Burst Core.

Background and History of you

Igor saw the day on Saturn to a rather wealthy family. His father was a renowned seller of mech parts and his mother a retired mechanic who used to work on Saturnine armor. It was only a matter of time until little Igor got interested in crafting mechs as well. His father would bring him parts that he deemed useful and his mother would help him assemble them. The couple took pleasure in seeing their young boy with such eager interests in mechs, his mother predicted he'd be a great mechanic and his father would often repeat he'd make a fine knight.

Igor had a sharp mind and when he turned 15, his father deemed him fit to participate in the business. He would be in charge of revamping and repairing the parts that weren't in very good condition. It was a win-win situation for the young boy, he'd get to hone his skills by practicing and save up some money to buy new parts. Indeed, Igor was working on a personal project. He wanted to make his own mech and this job was a perfect opportunity to him. Few months after this, he had successfully settled down and officially begun the creation of "Alt-18", the name he chose for the mech. The construction of Alt-18 took a whole year, between technical complications and family problems. His father had gotten pretty sick over the last few months. According to the doctors, it was a pretty serious illness. His mother had been pretty worried and would frequently have anxiety attacks. Eventually, one of them triggered an heart attack and she died. Shortly after, his father passed away as well. That was a huge blow to Igor who completely shut off to everyone and began closing himself in his workshop to work on endless projects.

The money Igor made by repairing parts for some Knights plus the massive savings his parents left behind were more than enough to keep him afloat. But he needed something more than that, he wanted to have a purpose, a goal in his life to keep him going. Igor remembered how his father wanted him to be a Knight and quickly took his decision, he'd join the army and reach the highest ranks. Before that, Alt-18 needed a revamp seeing as he wouldn't go very far with this mech. That's how Altaisen saw the day. Quickly, Igor made a name for himself by fighting other mechs and eventually got enlisted in the military. Now that his ascension had finally begun, he will stop at nothing to reach his goal.

Roleplay Sample

Titans

Last edited:

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years

Ellaira "Ellie" Blackwell
UwreX3K.jpg

25 // Knight of Mars // Female

Character's appearance: Standing at a rather impressive six feet tall, Ellaria can stand toe to toe with many of the other knights of the solar system. Her body type is rather fit, but doesn't necessarily make her thin as she has built up a respectable amount of muscle from time spent in the workshop. While her height may be prominent, her most eye catching feature would most definitely be her fiery red hair. While friends and foes alike may tease or mock her for her cardinal locks she takes pride in them. While in battle or in the workshop she pulls it up into ponytail, but any other time it's let down. As most other red heads do, she bears pale freckled skin which also is an either target for mocking.

As for her outfits, Ellie doesn't have a very deep wardrobe. During combat and other strenuous activities involving her piloting a mech she sports the standard jumpsuit gifted to Martian knights by L4-NC3-L07. (think Evangelion suits) However, most of the time she'll just wear a tank top with a red and black checkered flannel shirt (either around her waist or actually on depending on the temperature) and a pair of jeans to match. Sometimes when a job in the workshop calls for heavy duty work she'll pull out a pair of over sized goggles that she found in a junk pile on Earth. One can tell when that job has taken over the rest of her life when the goggles are resting on her head.

Ellie is a chain smoker and is most often seen with a cigarette in her mouth and more than enough self rolled cigs stuffed into her back pocket. She uses most of the money she earns to buy tobacco and rolls them up with whatever paper she can find.

Home Planet: Earth (Knight of Mars)

Background and History:From the day she was born there are two things that Ellaira loves doing above all else. One would be building and the other exploring for new materials to build with.

She was born on the scarred lands of the Earth to two engineers. Her father was brilliant mechanic, called upon to tune the knight's mechs. Or so Ellie heard. She didn't know much about her father other than what other's told her of him. He wasn't ever around as he was employed in Arthur's Court at Avaluna Base and that commitment meant that he was almost always there helping to improve and repair the mechs of Arthur's knights. Although it was disappointing to her as a young girl she eventually found that the gap in the visits her father had made them all the more special.

It wasn't as if she was alone the whole time either. Ellie's mother was also a gifted mechanic, previously working with the knight's of Avaluna, but settled down after giving birth to Ellaria. She was a loving and caring mother that nurtured her daughter's spirit of adventure and curiosity. As a young child, Ellie would always run around adventuring the great junk piles and the empty houses. She would gather up things that took interest and eventually she became engrossed in constructing and building her own creations out of the items she would find. Her mother couldn't be less surprised. The girl was the daughter of two mechanics after all.

And as the daughter of two mechanics it wouldn't be a surprise that she took to engineering like a junkie to a needle. Even before she reached the age of ten her mother would have to pull her out of the workshop and back into the house to go to sleep. Under her mother's guidance Ellie was able to hone her skills enough that by the age of 13 she had built her own mech albeit without any weapons from parts that she had found in the heaps of rubble littering Earth.

Building these smaller contraptions and mechs satisfied her for sometime, but an ever expanding mind like Ellie's couldn't settle for just that. The junk piles of Earth were riddled with parts, but of those mechs that were too weak to do much good. To build a greater whole she would have to find greater components. So at the age of 15 she set out with the explorer bot she had built in previous years in search of parts to put together her greatest creation yet.

The other planets were strange and sometimes even frightening, but after traversing the ruins of Mars, a quick stop on Mercury, and even a trip to Venus which resulted in missing parts on some family's mechs (Imagine epic montage here) Ellie was able to gather up just the right parts she needed. Now that the process of gathering the base materials was complete it was time to focus on building. Day and night she spent holed up in the workshop working on what would be her masterpiece.

Eventually after a couple months of work it was complete. A magnificent mech built from the scraps and parts of others before it. Affectionately named Big Bertha, it was Ellie's shining achievement. Although it was a mechanical masterpiece it would do her no good as a trophy so the now 17 year old girl set off to a place she knew she could prove her talent and test out just how brilliant her machinery turned out, the arenas of Mars.

As she had made a couple friends on the planet from her first visit, Ellie found a place to settle and participated in her first battle. While she isn't particularly combat oriented her quick thinking and reactions got her through her first match without a hitch. Even with a few close calls she kept on improving after each round and eventually won seven duels, becoming a knight of Mars, one of the youngest to do so.

Her engineering prowess was discovered soon after knight-hood and the young lady worked her way up the ranks, eventually becoming one of the head mechanics of Mars. She now spends her time training in combat, doing jobs for the knights of Mars, and looking for new ways to improve Big Bertha.

Big Bertha

Reference

Head: Reflex Enhancer
Obtained on her quick trip to Venus, Ellie assured her mother that she found this piece of gold buried deep within a Martian junk pile, but of course that wasn't the case. She snuck around the planet until she found just the right mech. When it was unguarded she quickly used a couple of simple techniques to detach the head of the exquisite Morningstar Mech and quickly made her way back through the green Wyrmgates. Not before swiping a couple more parts
The Reflex Enhancer does just what the name implies, enhances the user's reflexes. It was particularly useful for Ellie as when she was an inexperienced fighter, but even now it helps her stay as sharp as ever.

Front: Neural Disruptor Shots
The torso of Big Bertha appears to just be any average mecha chest piece, however if you were to look just a little closer you may find a group of tiny little tubes resembling gun barrels lined up along where it's ribs might be. A product of her own invention, these tiny guns shoot out a number of specialized bullets that send electrical charges through the armor of the stricken, causes temporary system malfunctions. These malfunctions don't last for long and can only be used when in very close proximity to the target, making it more of a retreating method. Also, they can only be used once without having to be manually reloaded again.

Back: Enhanced Dual Shoulder Missile Packs
The one part that Ellie was able to find on Earth, the Dual Shoulder Missile Packs weren't quite enough. They were in perfect condition (which was hard to come by) but they didn't quite pack enough punch for her liking. So, after tinkering with it for some time she perfected it to her liking. The new and improved Dual Shoulder Missile Packs contained eight missiles on each shoulder and they are only the finest missiles that one can find on the black markets.

Arms: Neutron Blasters
Another score from Ellie's trip to Venus, the Neutron Blasters were the product of sneaking into a Valkyrie Family's home and some more quick mechanical techniques. The blasters are hidden within the arms of Big Bertha which look rather ordinary, but Ellie rigged the guns so that the burst of energy could be shot from the mech's hands. They are extremely powerful, but take some time to recharge before they can shoot again.

Legs: Power Boosters
Boosting up both Big Bertha and Ellie's reflexes, the Power Boosters were another lucky find for Ellie in the wastelands of Mars. They were in an extremely wrecked up shape, but the young mechanic fixed up the things in know time, even improving upon the design and making the Power Boosters move even faster. The Power Boosters and the Reflex Enhancer combine to make Big Bertha a rather quick mech especially one with a name such as she has.

RP Sample: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8369430&postcount=16

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I probably should have already been doing this. But oh well. Any questions that I answer outside of this thread in regards to Camelot will now be kept track of in this post for other members to reference.

Q. Can just anyone travel through the Wyrmgates
Spoiler:

Q.Can people travel around the other planets without any armor and breathe/act normally?
Spoiler:

Q. Would it be unheard of for like a younger person wandering through the Wyrmgates to other planets?
Spoiler:

Q. Do you think that lancelot would allow a person from another planet to be a knight for her as long as they win seven duels in the arena?
Spoiler:

Q. I noticed you had Morgan Le Fay as the main villain and such for your thing. Were you planning on introducing your own Mordred as well?
Spoiler:

Q. How do ranks work? Are we allowed to just pick any rank we want? And what are the established ranks?
Spoiler:

Q. Is the rank thing just for backstory purposes, or are we actually commanding troops ourselves? And will all of our people be in the same unit?
Spoiler:

now off to the chat logs to find everything else. /cries

Last edited:
Years
My W.I.P.
I'm assuming since Sonata pretty much OK'd this concept on Skype that an ex-templar is allowed since he is no-longer of that rank.

Lieutenant Cedric Anders
Formerly Known as Aries

d0ZBqjo.png

34 //
Knight of Mars
Former Templar of Uranus
// Male

Character's appearance: Cedric is an imposing figure, standing at 6'3" with broad shoulders and a muscular body developed over his years of military training. Cedric is Caucasian, with somewhat tanned skin and brown hair. Despite being in the military, Cedric has long hair that reaches his upper back and is usually worn in a ponytail. Several long bangs frame the knight's face, which is free of marks bar some lines around his eyes that have developed from his brow being frequently furrowed. Cedric has eyes of a deep dark blue colour that adds to his already intense gaze and is always clean-shaven.

Cedric's wardrobe is far from being exuberant as he is primarily seen wearing his military uniform. Cedric wears the uniform afforded to knights of Mars who achieve a higher rank; a predominately dark green jacket fastened shut with a gold chain with a large up-turned collar and tan-coloured trousers. Below this he wears the standard white and grey jumpsuit of those who pilot armour in the Martian military. On the occasions that he is not seen in his uniform, Cedric typically dons black trousers, a simple white shirt and a leather jacket.

Cedric takes pride in his appearance knowing that a clean and organised appearance suggests to others around you that you are in control and authoritative.

Home Planet: Uranus, Currently Living on Mars

Background and History: Cedric was born into a small, poor and dysfunctional family amongst the Templar of Uranus. His father and mother were attendants at the Templars temple – far from the glory of being one of the twelve knights of the Templar. They existed solely to serve, so there was no question that Cedric would one day work for the order himself. Nobody ever suspected that he would one day number amongst the great warriors.

Cedric spent his childhood in servitude to the Templar, following strict rules and following in the footsteps of his fanatical parents who practically worshipped the Templar. He was not fond of his lot in life. During the days he would clean the temple and serve the various knights of Uranus and during the nights he would be beaten and scolded for not doing his job well enough before, during and after a miniscule meal. He went to bed early and arose to his duties before daybreak, he endured extremes of weather and he worked his body to its limits in the service of a strange faith he didn't understand. His only respite came when he was included amongst the number who would be trained as potential successors to the then Templar.

Nobody seemed to believe the day would come, least of all Cedic himself, but soon enough Cedric was included amongst those who were to begin building armour. Amongst only a few others, Cedric spent the next few years working tirelessly on his mech until at last Reckoning was born. Just in time too, for only a year after his mech's completion one of the Templar suffered a terrible injury and was no longer able to pilot his armour. Tests and trials begun to find a suitable replacement for Aries and Cedric, yearning to at last achieve recognition and glory threw himself at them with everything he had. He spent hours upon end studying, honing his skills and keeping Reckoning in top condition until at last it came down to trials by combat.

At eighteen years of age, two years younger than the next youngest candidates, Cedric fought for his place amongst the twelve knights. His style was extremely different than the other pilots, he totally disregarded defensive tactics and tech in favour of unleashing hell upon his opponents. The other candidates could not keep up with his speed and ferocity and so it was that Cedric became the youngest to successfully join the ranks of the Templar.

Cedric was stripped of his name and his identity; he was given the title of Aries and told that was who he was to be; a man in synchronisation with his machine, a warrior of the Templar and nothing more. For several years this is exactly how it was. Cedric served the Temple blindly; he fought in cataclysmic battles, engaged in diplomatic missions and strove to do the organisation proud. He never seemed to be accepted amongst them though. Even as a member of the Temlar, Cedric found himself painfully ignorant of all that went around him. Only the Polaris and other higher-ups of the temple seemed to really have a clue.

The final straw came a little later though. Cedric was given a mission. Whilst a group of some of the other Templar served as a distraction, he was to move into an Emergent base solo. Planting a bomb and then escaping, taking out a large force in the process. It all seemed well and good at first, until Cedric realised it was a suicide mission. The power of the bomb had to be insane to take out all those mechs with a blast radius far too wide for an ordinary mech to escape… even armour as fast as Reckoning would most likely be obliterated alongside the Emergent. The night before he was set to participate in this mission, he turned his back on the order that had dominated his entire life. Taking Reckoning with him, Cedric abandoned the Templar and fled to Mars. He would later find out a close friend of his, one of the few he had found in his time on Uranus, had taken the mission in his stead and had died in the blast as he had predicted.

It didn't take long for Cedric to settle into his new life. He acquired cheap lodgings by working in the mines, keeping Reckoning hidden away until such time as he would need it. Once he had a home and money stashed away for repairs, he took Reckoning to the arena and fought his way into the military.

Cedric wishes to use his life to serve the public, to protect people from threats. He has strived to attain his rank in the military and is always working to push himself further. He's a troubled soul, dealing with enormous guilt and rage and a knowledge that sooner or later the Templar will come for him.​

S-M3 "Reckoning"

bkjbhjvyj.png

Despite having left the Templar a long time ago, Cedric still pilots the armour he built when still amongst their ranks (much to their displeasure), Sabre-Mach 3 which is code-named Reckoning.

Reckoning, like most armour, is humanoid in its appearance with the exception of it's tail. Powered by a fusion core, Reckoning is made of dark coloured metals in order to make it difficult to pick out in the dark void of space and is noticeable on through the blue glow of its propulsion for the most part. Cedric built this rather sleek armour with speed, evasion and ferocity as the main points so Reckoning moves at extremely high speeds and can deal heavy damage, but is not built to take sustained heavy damage itself. Reckoning is built primarily for close range combat but has ranged capability.

• Head: Templar Meditation Tank – The meditation tanks of the Templar allow for instantaneous and smooth coordination between the knight and the armour he or she dons.
  • Left Arm: Ionic Particle Blade – The primary weapon of the Reckoning, this close-range uses the power of nuclear fusion to produce a blade of high-speed charged particles reminiscent of those found in the sun. This weapon does not actually cut, it simply disintegrates anything it passes through giving the appearance of a slash.
  • Right Arm: Ionic Particle Cannon – The secondary weapon of Reckoning. The armours right hand pulls back to reveal a projectile weapon built into the mech's arm. The weapon is essentially a projectile version of the particle blade, firing a cluster of ionic particles at a target. The particles disintegrate whatever they come into contact with before dissipating. This weapon becomes increasingly less accurate the further away it is from its target.
  • Back/Shoulders: High Velocity Fusion Boosters - The back and shoulders of Reckoning contain four individual boosters that function both independently and as singular systems. Reacting immediately to the pilot's thoughts due to the Templar's technology, each booster is both very powerful and can be rotated and turned on/off independently and in conjunction with the others. This allows Reckoning not only immense speed, but also a degree of manoeuvrability rare amongst armour.
  • Legs: High Velocity Fusion Boosters - An extension of the system on Reckoning's back and shoulders, the feet of the armour also contain boosters that work in the same manner adding another dimension to the speed and manoeuvrability of the unique armour. A skilled and/or inventive pilot such as James could use these boosters as close-range weapons to enhance a kick.

RP Sample: Rex messes up the Culebras in Gunpowder

Last edited:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I'm assuming since Sonata pretty much OK'd this concept on Skype that an ex-templar is allowed since he is no-longer of that rank.

Yep. Just note that there will be much more attention on you. Templars that leave don't normally keep their mechs. And if they do, then they're hunted down. Though you are in the army, the Templars are an organization above and will persistently hunt you down regardless of your location or rank.

Years
Yep. Just note that there will be much more attention on you. Templars that leave don't normally keep their mechs. And if they do, then they're hunted down. Though you are in the army, the Templars are an organization above and will persistently hunt you down regardless of your location or rank.

I just love plot that invents itself xD
Makes my life a lot easier.

Edit: SU is done.

Last edited:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
gimmepie's Cedric Anders a.k.a Reckoning is accepted.

I'll be finishing up my character here soon and then I'll be working on getting the IC thread ready to go. I'm either going to post it next week or just wait until the beginning of the month to make sure everyone that has reserved gets time to finish/start their su and take care of finals and all that other fun stuff.

JukeboxTheGhoul

Rocking Round the Clock
Years
I am back, can you give me some time please?

A few questioned, If I make mine a Warrior Monk but not have affiliation with the Templars or are they co-dependent/the same?

Last edited:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I am back, can you give me some time please?

I don't plan to start until at least next Friday. So you've got some time. If you don't make it by then you can still hop in at your leisure. The main plot isn't going to happen right away, so no worries.

A few questioned, If I make mine a Warrior Monk but not have affiliation with the Templars or are they co-dependent/the same?

......what?

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
I don't plan to start until at least next Friday. So you've got some time. If you don't make it by then you can still hop in at your leisure. The main plot isn't going to happen right away, so no worries.

......what?

Is this still the case? If so, I'd like to reserve a spot pls ^^

I can attempt to have an SU done by tonight, but tomorrow seems more realistic.

Worth noting is that this would only be my second RP--the first one never quite took off because the RPM went missing in action. I'll do my best not to noob all over the place :)

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Is this still the case? If so, I'd like to reserve a spot pls ^^

I can attempt to have an SU done by tonight, but tomorrow seems more realistic.

Worth noting is that this would only be my second RP--the first one never quite took off because the RPM went missing in action. I'll do my best not to noob all over the place :)

Of course. I'll put you down for a reservation. And have no worries about being a noob, just have fun :)

Back