• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If Clefable doesn't have magic guard I will not use it

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • What is an ability you simply refuse to have on a Pokemon with it? If a Clefairy doesn't have Magic Guard, I honestly will refuse to use it.

Years
  • Anything with Hustle immediately gets boxed and if I want to train it, I'll keep looking for one with its other ability. I really am not a fan of accuracy loss. :x

Years
    • Seen today
    Rivalry and Hustle are abilities I just won't use. Togekiss comes to mind, imagine having Hustle on a Pokémon that's not even a physical attacker while it could have Serene Grace.

Sticky Hold Gastrodon / Damp Quagsire. Just nope, a free switch + Sp. Attack boost / HP recovery on Water type moves is way more useful.

Static. Never liked this "Basic Electric Pokémon" ability, especially since many of the Pokémon that get it are fragile so they can't really take many hits. Probably decent for Ampharos, but that's pretty much it.

Early Bird Houndoom. I mean, with dat defenses a Houndoom that falls asleep is basically done for anyway, even if it just sleeps for half the time. Flash Fire is way better.

Years
  • Ohhh yeah, forgot to mention Truant. I know not many Pokémon have that ability but if they do they're going into the box permanently haha. I'll take Hustle Durant over Truant Durant any day.

Years
  • since the dpp remakes are due soon, might as well go over sinnohvian pokemon in this post!

- luxray: 100% prefer intimidate over rivalry. seems like a vastly more useful ability anyway where i can potentially weaken my opponent vs my ability having no effect at all because of my opponent having the same gendered pokemon as my own.
    - roserade: natural cure > technician > poison point. there was a period of time where i'd massively prefer technician roserade over its other abilities, but hidden power hardly being a thing (idk if it'll be a thing again in the remakes), and giga drain having its base power increased, alongside other things make it seem like natural cure is the better option. poison point is ok, but i'd rather not take hits at all if possible and not have the ability activate, so that's last for me
    - rhyperior: solid rock > lightning rod. not much else to say here, it's just a better ability to have in my eyes.
    - magnezone: magnet pull seems like an incredibly useful ability to trap other steel types with, so definitely that. i'm kinda curious how good or bad analytic is, though .
    - togekiss: serene grace >>>

i thiiink that's about all the pokemon i'm going to list in terms of ability preferences but there's likely others, too.

Years
    • Seen today
    Regigigas because of slow slow start. I wish it had an alternative. I can deal with Truant Slaking, but not slow start killing stats for 5 turns.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    Trace is nice on the Ralts line but during a playthrough I find it a little annoying to have the message pop up every time. That doesn't mean I'll never use it during a playthrough. But it does mean that I don't mind getting a Synchronize one, instead.

Intimidate is another story, as it comes in real handy in a lot more cases.

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • If I was using a Golurk, I'd much rather it had Iron Fist than Klutz

Iron Fist would always be helpful since Golurk knows a lot of moves it benefits, whereas Klutz would be a liability more than anything else as it would stop held items from working on Golurk

Years
  • Froakie with Protean and Scorbunny with Libero is an absolute must-have too. Gosh those abilities are so crazy broken, especially in comparison to their default abilities. :x haha

Back