• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Happy Pride Month!

Years
  • Could I ask any of the LGBT+ people here their opinions on the more explicit/outwardly sexual stuff that happens at pride events? I get that it's all about being out and proud but surely it's also about changing attitudes. As you've seen in this thread, the man in a speedo with a dildo strapped to his head does more damage to the cause than good. I don't consider myself a small minded bigot but if a parent says they'd rather their kids didn't see that I wouldn't feel any antagonism towards that person.

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
    Years
  • *read's some of the newer few posts*...I'm glad the newer posts I read in this thread seem happier....

I hate starting drama. I hate it so much.

I just wanted this thread to spread good vibes. Thats all I wanted.

Last edited:

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
    Years
  • A best friend I had since Middle School who I will call her Brianna to protect her privacy actually came out as Bisexual recently. Me and Brianna met during Gym class when I started talking about how much I liked her shirt (she was into heavy metal) and we have been giving each other a shoulder to lean on along with a forum to discuss LGBT issues honestly; So Pride is kind of a big deal to me. With the question posed by Lipstick Vogue, I believe that the outward sexuality at some events is drawing away from the meaning of Pride and will ultimately give power to Homophobes and others who despise the LGBT community.

Years
  • Could I ask any of the LGBT+ people here their opinions on the more explicit/outwardly sexual stuff that happens at pride events? I get that it's all about being out and proud but surely it's also about changing attitudes. As you've seen in this thread, the man in a speedo with a dildo strapped to his head does more damage to the cause than good. I don't consider myself a small minded bigot but if a parent says they'd rather their kids didn't see that I wouldn't feel any antagonism towards that person.

I don't know why that happens actually! Pride and lgbt identities in themselves aren't inherently sexual. I wish people would behave in a manner that's kid friendly as their are lgbt kids out there that may not feel welcome.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I personally love Pride Month, and I never hear a single negative word about it from anyone face to face. People talk of dislikes a lot, politics, food, etc, but I usually don't hear pride month jabs in public. Refreshingly, I hear some good things, actually. Usually meet fellow LGBTQ people too, and we chat it up! One of these years I'll go to a pride event.. but around here it's a lotta drinking along with all the gay. lol

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    A whole month for me, a humble gay? I'm honored.

Happy Pride Month y'all!

Last edited:

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Does anyone have good pride month memories to share??

My own are small, talking to people with pride shirts on or bracelets, etc, and we're both like ayeeee.

I did talk to a guy that said he and his boyfriend were flying to NY for some big pride marathon, and I was like Whatttt?, I would run in that... !

Nothing too remarkable on my end, but it feels nice to have a month that's supposed to be positive vibes when a lot of the recent months have seemed sorta.. anti-LGBT.

Sirfetch’d

TBH every month is Pride Month for my partner and I. I have been out as a lesbian since I was14 and now I am 32 going on 33 very soon.

YAASSS HONEY! This makes me smile! We deserve every month. Embrace it. Happy for you two <3

Years
  • I love how people just have to weigh in on things like this, thinking that they 100% feel the need to comment with something completely, well, irrelevant to the point in hand. Did you really need to post in what is just supposed to be a little thread for people to celebrate pride month with some controversial twonky-ass comments? No. If it's something you want to debate about (because I'm not saying that if you don't support it you should shut the psyduck up), then by all means make it and take that conversation there, where the whole purpose of posts and the environment itself is of that nature.

Not a thread like this where we just want to celebrate the month, ya know? It's almost like it's been said to intentionally annoy/offend people and de-rail the thread. Being contrarian is not cool, kids.

I can respect why people think it's the LGBT+ community shoving it in everyone's faces as if we're superior or the up and coming (protip: we're not it's just nice to celebrate that we've come so far as a community) or why it doesn't necessarily need to be highlighted in a month itself, but again this isn't the place for it. Take that elsewhere and let the gays have their fun xx

Happy Pride Month All <3 xx

Back