• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokeToon Series

Years
A thread to discuss the PokeToon series!

The newest one is right here:

A young girl, daughter to two former challengers for the Champion title, is eager to set off on her own journey. Will she be able to get a Pokémon of her own?

What do you think of these shorts?

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
Years
The rubber hose style animation we got before was neat to see (albeit creepy), but I so prefer this style! Still wish we'd get a proper series in one of the "nicer" styles they've been teasing us with these last several years—the BW2 animated promo, Generations, Twilight Wings, the Gotcha! music video, and now this—or that they'd at least go this direction for the movies.

Last edited:

QuietDragon

a wavering flower, a bird taking flight
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 20, 2023
The rubber hose style animation we got before was neat to see (albeit creepy), but I so prefer this style! Still wish we'd get a proper series in one of the "nicer" styles they've been teasing us with these last several years—the BW2 animated promo, Generations, Twilight Wings, the Gotcha! music video, and now this—or that they'd at least go this direction for the movies.

Studio Colorido, which handled Twilight Wings, handled this one!! The animation was very loose and bouncy, expressive and fun. Very much like Studio TRIGGER's Little Witch Academia, but to be frank, aside from the gorgeously detailed settings, colours, crisp lighting, and faultlessly animated Pokemon, I am not a big fan of human faces drawn this way... the faces can be very funny, but rarely as naturally emotive as the show (Twilight Wings' style is more realistic and expressive too!).

These animation styles are FAR too expensive and FAR too much work for a long-running TV anime. You will never, ever, ever see a weekly TV anime, spamming for years, of this quality because it's not doable. It's murde for the animators. It's precisely because these specials and shorts are so short and with long breaks between them that they can be this quality.

Something like a movie is much longer, so even that is unlikely without a HUGE budget and would probably need them to take twice or thrice as long as an average film and they don't skip years...

Anyway, back to this special! I loved
Spoiler:
. ^^
This was a sweet story of two kids proving themselves and earning their parents' confidence and trust to allow them to pursue their own paths. Tsubomi was very sweet and funny, her dad was adorably chill, and the sequence with
Spoiler:

The sequence where
Spoiler:
, it reminded me exactly what I love so much about Pokemon... beautiful.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
As much as I liked the Scraggy/Mimikyu one... it is literally impossible to watch these because they are not english dubbed.

Years
sequence where
Spoiler:
, it reminded me exactly what I love so much about Pokemon... beautiful.

This was absolutely lovely! I love the strength/connection between people and Pokémon and it's one of my favorite parts too… ❤️

As much as I liked the Scraggy/Mimikyu one... it is literally impossible to watch these because they are not english dubbed.

I really hope we'll get at least an English version too, like with Twilight Wings. :(

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
Are these ever going to be english dubbed? I feel like I've been waiting too long at this point and that PUSA are just going to be a-holes and not english dub them ever.

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
The Nidoran one was soooo good! I liked the Slugma one too. So far I only watched the nidoran, scraggy, slugma, and gengar ones.

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
Years
New short posted today! It's about a Jigglypuff who's a little bit... special.

Not gonna lie, I did a double take when I heard that Momo's friend was called Anzu, like a certain other purple-haired and purple-eyed lil' girl who is currently a Gym Leader in Kanto.

Very cute short! None of them have managed to surpass the 1940s-style short with Scraggy and Mimikyu, but this one came pretty close. Poor Jigglypuff though!

Years
Ahh yes, this was so cute!! I liked the cute, colorful art and the bouncy expressions. That Jigglypuff was adorable too. Makes me wish the official games allowed us to catch varied Pokémon like that.. but probably too much work for them to make individual designs/haircuts for so many species.

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
Years
Makes me wish the official games allowed us to catch varied Pokémon like that.. but probably too much work for them to make individual designs/haircuts for so many species.

Agree 100%. I hope this is foreshadowing something like a regional variant of Jigglypuff though. I'd love a less overly cutesy (but still cute) Puff like this one or the one in the anime.

Back