• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your senses

Years
  • Smell, Sight, Taste, Touch, Sound and more.

Which sense do you consider to be your strongest?

I have excellent hearing. I can hear a dripping faucet, even if I am separated by many rooms. I am sensitive to tone of voice as well. In tests I pick up frequencies that the majority of the human population are unable to hear when they listen. So my hearing is my best sense.

I have a pretty good sense of smell too. I can distinguish the smells of spices without them being labelled, and know what herb is what. My nose tells me what I need to know about the weather, and if it's going to be wet. You can't hide food from me either, even if it's the neighbors some streets away having a barbeque I'll smell the charcoal from here.

What's your weakest sense?

Definitely my eye sight. I have very poor vision, and need to wear contacts or glasses because the world is blurry without them. If I don't have them then I need to be very close to text or visuals, have the screen or paper right to my face, and squint my eyes to make sense of it. I am legally blind without eyewear. I require it to drive. Like Harry Potter I need to feel around for glasses or contacts in the morning when I get out of bed to bring the picture into focus.

Besides those famous five, there are other kinds of senses like sense of balance and space. Some say they have a second sight even. Are any of your other senses noteworthy?

My gut instinct doesn't tell me wrong. It's not often that I immediately have a bad feeling or negative reaction to someone, I am pretty trusting and open, but when that alarm bell goes off there is always a reason for it. I try to over rationalize things sometimes, and don't like to go on instinct alone, giving things a chance if I can't logically explain why not, but there are times where I really wish I had just trusted my first impression. My subconscious knows what my conscious mind may not, and I realize that I must follow my heart more in life.

Years
  • Which sense do you consider to be your strongest?

i don't know about now, but at one point i believe my eyesight was pretty top notch. i've been staring at computer screens for years on end and i still don't need glasses or anything. i also still remember being edgy in elementary and staring directly at the blaring sun for 5 minutes to prove to people that i was cool or something, and never really suffering any consequences for that.

What's your weakest sense?

hearing for sure. i suffer from mild tinnitus from years of blasting gaming sounds and listening to music at rather unsafe volumes, and now i find it a bit hard to hear people from a couple feet distance unless they're really well-spoken or ultra loud or something lol. sucks that i'm really into music though and i genuinely need this sense to be good...

Besides those famous five, there are other kinds of senses like sense of balance and space. Some say they have a second sight even. Are any of your other senses noteworthy?

can't think of any at the moment sadly. my gut feeling is pretty awful at gauging situations and people lol.

Years
  • I have an unfortunately sensitive sense of smell which leads me to a lot of suffering. Conversely, my eyesight is terrible. I am so badly near-sighted that even things close to me are horribly blurry without my glasses on.

Might come back and answer the questions more later.

Years
  • Sight, I have perfect vision. Taste and touch are fine too.

As for hearing, I'm fucked bro.

Years
  • My best sense is easily my sense of taste. Having a devolped palate is pretty important when cooking (duh?) so I have actively improved it.

My worst sense is my vision, I've worn glasses since 2nd grade and cannot function without them. Shoutout to my hearing though which is also garbage, working under hoodvents since I was 16, concerts, and blowing our many pairs of earbuds are to thank for that!

Years
  • Is... is it weird if I don't know with full confidence which is my strongest? My sense of smell and hearing isn't as good as my partner's (and others from what I've noticed), and he'd often hear/smell things I don't. I also have bad vision and wear glasses lol. But thinking on it... I suppose taste is my best. I'm sensitive to flavors and therefore notice them a little more easily, I think?

Sight, I have perfect vision.

ughh I like how I look with glasses but I still wish this were me lmao, esp on days when they slide off and I have to keep adjusting them

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    My vision is my strongest which is not what anyone would expect at all given that my entire family (including my extended family) has had to wear glasses. I also spent a lot of time as a child reading in the dark/staring at screens so I have no idea how it turned out so nicely.

My sense of smell is actually my worst by far! I have never been able to smell properly since my nose has been almost completely blocked my entire life. I'm actually having surgery in about 2 weeks to clear up my nose though so who knows maybe I'll be able to smell :D I'm always so surprised when people point out foods having distinct scents/being able to pick up smells from so far away... I can hardly smell unless its super strong or right in my face and even then not all the time.

Years
  • My hearing is my strongest I think.
    My seeing is worst, I have to wear glasses.
    Other is my intuition is extremely strong I know how to read people well.

Taro Tanaka

Banned
    Years
  • My worst sense is sight. I've been near-sighted since I could remember, so it's no real biggie. My strongest sense is hearing, but at the same time I think I'm losing it. I keep hearing the death tones on occasion, yet I can hear the small creatures moving about between walls from a long range.

Back