• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

So what keeps you into the series?

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
  • Yeah, simple thread this time. Even if there are times where you aren't interested, what is it that keeps you into this franchise?

For me, it is simply the massive variety of creatures and the variety of ways to utilise them. And of course challenge modes.

What I don't get though, is how seemingly a lot of fans nowadays seem to care more about the trainers or random humans more than the y'know, the namesake of this series. Such as like the 'Best Looking PokeGirl' thread (which is honestly one of teh wohrst threyds I has ever seen on this site). DON'T get me wrong, I confess I used to care about attractive trainers back a decade ago when I was new to this franchise, but now I have grown up and see the games for what they truly stand for. I mean no offense but if y'all want to oogle at good looking people, go play a super kawaii dating sim or summin, not a game series about deadly creatures brawling each other.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • Bassicly playing romhacks for me

Update

Oh and Pokepark 1 for the Wii, we need a third title of the series, hopefully with gen 1 pokemon with pokemon from generation 2-8 thrown as extras, and with the 1st game's toddler level, that's what made the second pokepark less popural........despite being multiplayer, but only for gen. 5 starters

Last edited:

pkmin3033

Nostalgia, and making unnecessarily snippy comments about how bad the franchise has gotten on this forum. Basically.

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    The good looking trainers.

In all seriousness though, the soundtrack, rps and hacks/fangames right now. Not much interested in the main thing right now.

Josef

Currently playing Let's Go Pikachu
    Years
  • the diversity of pokemon: if i'm feeling lazy i can enjoy the anime or the music, if i wanna do something i can play a game. also the community lol, i love you guys.
    i have *not* been into the cardgame since its inital boom---- over the years i've checked them out at walmart, but i can't commit to spending that much money on pokemon. i guess i like pokemon because it's cheap ($50 every 5 years or so) and fun.

Years
  • Nostalgia plays a massive part for me, but probably the replayability factor with different teams, challenges etc. Never get tired of listening to the Pokemon soundtracks as well :)

Years
  • idek really. I've known pokemon, played emerald since I can remember and it's just weird to not have it around. its still nice replaying, watching anime, and playing fan made games. I guess I'm with the nostalgia ship

Years
  • Proof to myself that I can still be interested in things and that my depression hasn't consumed me completely yet.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2024
    ROM hacks and Showdown are what keep me invested in the series. LGPE made it clear that the main games just aren't for me anymore. I still enjoy the collecting aspect and replayability of the series.

Years
  • the cute mons! I love how many are super cute or just awesome in general. never seen another franchise with creatures of the same quality. digimon, yokai watch, temtem, etc never did much for me design-wise; most of the creatures i didn't really care for. pokémon is a whole different story!

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
    Years
  • Nostalgia, ROM Hacks, Competitive battling, but most importantly, it is the "massive variety of creatures and the variety of ways to utilise them."

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
  • Cute pokemon, pokemon transfer to newer pokemon games, cute artwork

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Many, many factors, but mostly the fact that games are still being made, and that the anime (while on hiatus right now) is still going. Also, Poketubers. Another factor is the Pokemon Adventures manga, because I really like reading that. But, tbh, since I'm still here, and have been since about 2007, I have no reason to just...abandon Pokemon, you know? It means a lot to me, and I want to stay with the franchise until it stops pumping out games, or I'm no longer alive. Whichever comes first?

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • The really cool Pokémon designs. Otherwise I'm just here to discuss the franchise before it hit the Switch.

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2023
    It has become so integrated with who I am that it just feels natural to keep up with it, even though I'm nowhere near as active as I once was. Hard to point my finger on what exactly keeps me hooked.

Back