• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Buying tech stuff

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
  • What's your go-to place to buy your tech? (Computers, computer supplies like mice, keyboard; parts, etc)

I love to go to Micro Center (since the Fry's near me was shut down), and I usually buy on Amazon as a last resort.

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
    Years
  • i wanna get best buy as my #1 retailer, but that hasnt happened yet and ended up being sometimes walmart depending on what it is and mostly amazon. I wanna cut away from amazon but its selection is just everything basically that exists and its hard to come away from it

Years
  • Amazon or occasionally Newegg. We do not have any specialized computer hardware retail stores in my area anymore and the last one we had was TigerDirect.com (formerly CompUSA), and those all closed up in 2015.

Best Buy is an absolute last resort for me.

Last edited:

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • Cables and adapters: Monoprice

Most other stuff: Amazon and Newegg. I also check Best Buy, Staples, and Walmart in case they have better deals. Staples in particular is a joy to use if they stock the item and it's competitive.

Years
  • as much as i detest lining bezos' pockets, i can't deny amazon's convenience when it comes to ordering most tech items that i need. i do try to shop elsewhere (best buy, primarily) for alternatives, however if possible.

Years
  • There's a huge computer shop in the UK called Scan that I buy most of my bigger electronics from. I bought my current laptop, my work laptop, and my boyfriend bought most of his PC parts from there too.
    Bonus is that it's only about 30 minutes drive away so if we don't wanna wait for delivery we can go and collect :>

Years
  • Shopee/Lazada, my country's equivalent of Amazon. If I'm gonna go out anyway (and usually it's gonna be to a mall), I just find the nearest tech store. I do wish we had places like Micro Center here.

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
    Years
  • Newegg and staples are my go to places. Hell, sometimes I get amazing deals at thrift stores.

Back