• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your Favourite B&W Pokémon .

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I think there's a Foongus Amoonguss... (LOL GET IT)

Spoiler:

Seriously though this is the cutest thing ever and I don't think it's possible not to adore this little guy. His little stubby arms and his smile and eeeee ♥

Lapis

✿ Flower Child ✿
    Years
  • I'll have to go with Lilligant. It is so cute and I have used it multiple times in my 5th generation playthroughs. It is very useful and its shiny form is amazing. ^^

Flower

✿ flower keeper ✿
    Years
  • Petilil/Lilligant, Genesect, Cottonee/Whimsicott, Snivy/Servine/Serperior, Rufflet/Braviary, Victini and Scraggy/Scrafty are my top favourites from Unova. I just can't choose between them, they're all different in their own amazing ways. <33 I love Grass-types and Pokémon with lots of flowers (see: my username), so some of these loves are prolly a little obvious hehe, and Genesect used to be my favourite Pokémon before Diancie and now Magearna came along. ;;

Sirfetch’d

I thought I was the only person who thought Stunfisk was pretty cool.

Stunfisk is one of my favorites! It's quite the unique Pokemon being single staged and afaik the only Pokemon with it's typing. It's also a very nice Pokemon to have on your team if you just want a little extra bulk!

As for my favorite, Jellicent is probably number 1. The Vullaby line is also quite high on the list as well. Despite being my least favorite gen overall, Unova is inhabited by a good bit of Pokemon that make my list of favorites :^)

Years
  • I love so many pokemon from Gen V I'll probably miss a few, but I'll try.
    Foongus, Joltik, Litwick, Klink, Tynamo, Snivy, Servine, Serperior, Samurott (why does everyone hate on it?), Deerling, Vanillite, Vanillish (i love how out of place they are. Also they're pretty cute.), Zekrom, Volcarona, ect.

EDIT: Venipede line as well

Last edited:
    Years
  • I, personally, find this question pretty easy! I didn't hate any, but I never loved too many of the Generation Five Pokemon... That said, I LOVED Munna!

First of all, it's a Tapir...

Secondly, it's adorable...

Thirdly, it's pink...

Fourthly, it's ADORABLE!

Shuhbooty

space and time
    Years
  • Oh my.. I have quiet a few favorites!

Victini, Oshawott, Munna, AUDINO, Whimsicott, Petlil, Cinccino, Derring, Chandelure, Haxorus, VOLCARONA and my sweet Meloetta. <3​

Lunarly

(●´ω`●)
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Feb 2, 2019
    Despite the controversy, I really liked Vanilluxe, it was the Pokemon I immediately wanted on my team when I was looking through the pokedex for the first time. I also like Gothitelle, Serperior and Liepard. Also Joltik is so friggin cute <3

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I think it's fairly obvious that one of my faves is definitely Victini. Besides of that, I also like Oshawott and Emolga as well.

AleXShi1

Keep it real
    Years
  • Zoroark, Cofagrigus and genesect would be some of my favs but gen 5 for me looks so amazing it would be hard to decide something like a top 3

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Excadrill and Dribur are at the top of my list, definitely. Lilligant is good as well, and I also really like Minccino and Zoroark, and maybe Archen as well.. oh! And Sawsbuck.

In terms of designs, I also like Unfezant and Elgyem, but they're not really my favorite to use in battle.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2019
    Despite the controversy, I really liked Vanilluxe, it was the Pokemon I immediately wanted on my team when I was looking through the pokedex for the first time. I also like Gothitelle, Serperior and Liepard. Also Joltik is so friggin cute <3

I'm new to Gen 5 (I know, I'm behind) and I didn't realize there's controversy over Vanilluxe. It doesn't surprise me cause it's a friggin' Pokemon designed after an ice cream cone, but fuc it, I love it. I made room for one on my team in Pokemon White as soon as I found one (well, as soon as I found Vanillite)

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2019
    Zorua for the win! Haven't trained one yet (I think I'll pick it up in White 2) but I love it nonetheless. Also, Serperior and Reshiram. They are also my children.

Years
  • My favorite B&W Pokemon has to be Ferrothorn.

I like its design. Being covered all over with metal having thorns and having the vines that extrude with smaller versions of itself, it is what I imagine the ideal Grass/Steel Pokemon to be.

Additionally, I love the way it can be raised to battle as a defensive Pokemon that be stally or one that can be bulky but can hit hard. It is the Pokemon that first comes to mind when the move Gyro Ball is mentioned.

Years
  • There are SO many pokemon I love this generation, though plenty I despised -- mainly it was a large roster. This generation CRUSHED it on grass pokemon especially!!!

LOVED POKEMON (Beautiful, Elegant, Regal, Cute)
    1. Lilligant
    2. Serperior
    3. Samurott
    4. Liepard
    5. Leavanny
    6. Jellicent
    7. Whimsicott
    8. Mandibuzz
    9. Volcarona
    10. Emolga
    11. Sawsbuck
    12. Zebstrika
    13. Musharna
    14. Swanna
    15. Gothitelle/Reuniclus/Chandelure

HATED POKEMON (Ugly, Forgettable, clunky, or downright uncharacteristic of pokemon)
    1. Emboar (poor little Tepig :()
    2. Basculin (boring and fugly)
    3. Amoonguss (fugly)
    4. Ferrothorn (clunky, fugly)
    5. Heatmor (forgettable, fugly)
    6. Durant (Seriously, what a waste of an ant pokemon line)
    7. Klinklank (clunky, STUPID concept)
    8. Golurk (not a pokemon)
    9. Cryogonal (not a pokemon, what a waste on a cool concept)
    10. Vanilluxe (I loved Vanillite, they just ruined what could have been cute or elegant evolution)
    11. Seismatoad (clunky, odd in a bad way)
    12. Alomamola (Not related to luvdisc? Okay then...)
    13. Conkeldurr (Clunky pillars that do not match clownish concept)
    14. Sawk (forgetable, could be a npc trainer)
    15. Throh (forgetable, could be a npc trainer)

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    My favorite B&W Pokemon has to be Ferrothorn.

I like its design. Being covered all over with metal having thorns and having the vines that extrude with smaller versions of itself, it is what I imagine the ideal Grass/Steel Pokemon to be.

Additionally, I love the way it can be raised to battle as a defensive Pokemon that be stally or one that can be bulky but can hit hard. It is the Pokemon that first comes to mind when the move Gyro Ball is mentioned.

It's actually pretty much the only Grass type that doesn't appear to be 'nice' and soft yknow? Like compare it to basically every other grass type that isn't part poison and Ferrothorn easily stands out. It's probably the ugliest grass type but competitive wise it's probably the most competitive grass type. Pretty cool when you think about it :')

Back