• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: Picture Perfect

ImMrRoboto

That's MISTER Roboto to you!
Years
  • I've been on Pokécommunity for little over a year now and I still have trouble with pictures in my posts. I have no problem bringing pictures from other sites, but I can't find any way to upload pictures from my photo library. Do you know how I can do this? I've always had to just attach them using the Manage Attachments button.

Pls Help

Pls

ImMrRoboto

That's MISTER Roboto to you!
    Years
  • No, attachments work just fine, I'm just hoping to be able to place a picture into the post itself.

Years
  • You should be able to place pictures in your posts from a phone. All you have to do is grab the URL of the photo and insert it between [img][/img] tags and it should work.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    So if I want to put pictures on, I should just use a computer?

Well other people can just click on the thumbnail of the attached image to see the full image. Alternatively, you can use an image uploading site and warp the URL in tags like Tsutarja mentioned above.

But I'm a bit confused, what can you do on your computer that you can't do from your phone?

Years
  • No, attachments work just fine, I'm just hoping to be able to place a picture into the post itself.

Last I checked, because of the way PC's software is designed, you can't do that without either a) using an external image host like Imgur (which, FYI, does have a mobile app), or b) uploading the picture to an album on your profile on PC (which only has a limited amount of storage to use), both of which still require being able to copy a URL into [img][/img] tags.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • So if I want to put pictures on, I should just use a computer?

1. Download the Imgur app. Best image hosting site out there.

2. Upload photo directly through Imgur from phone.

3. Grab the now uploaded image's URL

4. Copy and paste URL into PC post between [img*]URL[*/img] without the *.

5. Profit $$$.

Back