• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Watch out for Ghosts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkmin3033

Have any of Ash's losses in the leagues ever really been good, though? It's never really done properly, or in a believable fashion - it's always a last-minute curb stomp battle. Tobias in particular was ridiculous, given that he had at least two Legendaries...and it wouldn't have surprised me if he'd thrown out a freakin' Raikou after that Latios or something. I think in a way that was Ash's best loss, though - he took out two Legendaries, and that it took those to knock him out showed how far he'd come. But god, did it sting...

pkmin3033

Harrison cheated and used Pokemon from a completely new region, though. Tyson...did put on a pretty good show, I think I'd agree with that. But Meowth in boots, lord...

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years

If we talk about a loss that stings the most, it has to be Ash's loss against Richie. It was his first big loss in the League & add to the fact that technically, he did not lose because his Pokemon were knocked out, but because of Charizard's disobedience & partly due to Team Rocket meddling before his battle.

As for Tyson or Harrison, I personally think that the battle with Tyson was better & I loved Meowth in boots.

Pika Pika :chu:

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years

As many strange losses as Ash has had he has had just as many fortunate wins. Thunder Armour Swellow comes to mind as does Ash Greninja somehow beating a Mega Sceptile.

Then of course there is the famous 'Aim For The Horn' moment.

pkmin3033

I think we can all agree that the anime makes little to no sense a lot of the time? xD

None of that even comes close to Pikachu being the only one able to damage ARCEUS, though. Where Dialga, Palkia and Giratina all failed. I wonder how serious that was supposed to be taken...Arceus seemed pretty surprised. xD

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years

Pikachu has always been a little overpowered. I remember reading a fan theory that stated that:

Ash's Pikachu belonged to Red, Red wins the league then disappears/dies leaving his Pikachu to fend for itself which explains why Pikachu is so overpowered at times in the anime.

A lot of the anime decisions I feel are done for 'rule of cool' whilst Mega Sceptile should one shot Ash Greninja it would be anti-climatic.

Years

League result controversy and Sun & Moon's format change make me wonder what's worse... plot armour or attempting to copy a rival franchise.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years

I think we can all agree that the anime makes little to no sense a lot of the time? xD
    This deserves recognition for being the most intelligent statement I've read all day hehe

I mean you got Ash's age, and Pikachu somehow not leveling up, then you got Pikachu being way too op and then way too weak. But yeah I still love the anime hehe~ (despite the new style which irks me)

But anyways hihi hows everyone in the trivia section doing on this wonderful day? :3

Years

Currently rewatching the bloodbath that is Marriland's X Wedlocke. Those Victory Road episodes were so terrifying to watch in particular.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years

Oh sounds fun! I've been watching a lot of pokemon paraodies on youtube recently :3 Butttttt as for canon I do wanna rewatch best wishes from the Unova season (I mean comeon that was great hehe)

pkmin3033

I've been thinking about rewatching the movies...well, the good ones. xD

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years

Must admit I have only ever seen the First Pokemon Movie.

Going through some old clips I was surprised how Ash let his Pidgeot go as soon as it evolved. Then again Ash seems to get a new flying type in every region which tends to be the regional bird.

Whilst Pidgeot is not my favourite Flying Type (Which is Mandibuzz) it is a well designed Pokemon and its Mega is a lot of fun to use. I have a Shiny female Kalos caught Pidgeot called Phoenix in ORAS. :)

Years

Spoiler:

I can't believe this is what the Pokemon anime has become... allowing these godawful facial expressions is like the writing staff is on drugs or something. God hope they get the sack come 8th Gen, because I don't allow these characters being portrayed like this.

That and the format... Yo-Kai Watch is a Pokemon Killer confirmed. It definitely killed the anime for me.

Years

I feel Movie 20 is my worst fear confirmed. The alternate universe that was common in fanfics had become a reality.

pkmin3033

I can live with alternate universes as long as we don't have any more rubbish like the 8th or 14th movies. If it's a one-off nostalgia driven re-telling, or sparks an AU re-telling of the original series in movie format, I'd be fine with that. God knows the anime needs it after the last two seasons and the current one.

Years

Given how Ash returned home to Pallet Town at the end of XY, the ending text being more than just a "next time, a new beginning" was almost going to be well, the end of Ash. Sun & Moon to me felt like it was an intended reboot with a new protagonist but the writers were forced to place Ash into that protagonist spot at the eleventh hour.

Sun & Moon is pretty much the new Black & White to me - both were failed attempts at a reboot of the anime.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back