• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music Grammys 2018

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
  • Grammys 2018 nominations are out, what are your thoughts?

I haven't looked at them super closely but a few initial thoughts:

- Ayyeeeee Lorde getting a nom for AotY. It's her only nom, which I think is quite rare for AotY to be your only nom but it's definitely a strong album as a whole without any individual songs really standing out. Gotta be between her and Kendrick for AotY.
    - That Ed snub for AotY is a bit rough
    - Donald Glover surely ticking off the G in EGOT as well? 4 noms, not too shabby
    - Really happy that Kesha got two noms (Pop Vocal Album and Pop Solo Performance (Praying)) but tbh I do think Praying should've scored a Record of the Year nom as well
    - Good to see Alessia and Khalid in Best New Artist!
    - LWYMMD snub for MV of the Year tbh

%

percent
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2018
    quick thoughts:

- one of my favourite groups of AOTY nominations ever
    - pretty much none of the best new artists are new artists (but that is the usual from memory)
    - there is an ep up for best pop vocal album, and it has ep in the title so it's not like they could have missed it
    - best dance/electronic is very accurate this time around
    - ed sheeran and coldplay are both up for far too many awards
    - tyler the creator has been very much snubbed

overall, i like the nominations more than i have in previous years. still think they miss the mark a lot but it would be wrong to expect a lot more. don't know if i'll watch

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • I dont care about anything except Metallica getting nominated for best rock album (Hardwired... To Self-Destruct) and best rock song (Atlas, Rise!). Atlas, Rise! is a really great song, but so are all of the songs on that album. If I had to choose one song to be best rock song from that album it would probably be Atlas, Rise! or Halo on Fire.

Years
  • Record of the Year
    Not seeing anything great here at all tbh.

Album of the Year
    Much the same problem. Melodrama is the only one of those that I particularly like. Where the fuck is divide? :')

Song of the Year
    If crap like Despacito beats out 1-800-273-8255 I will be beyond disappointed.

Best New Artist
    Alssia Cara and Khalid are both pretty good, I've not heard songs I dislike. Don't know the other three tbh.

Best Pop Perforance
    Well shit I like them all for once. This is unprecedented lmao. It's a hard one to call too.

Best Pop Vocal Album
    Also a strong category. I'm liking the Grammy's nominees what is this?

Best Rock Performance
    Run and No Good are both great but Go to War earned it imo. Nothing More's album is fantastic and I praise Youtube suggestions for introducing me to the band.

Best Metal Performance
    Nothing here really jumping out at me tbh.

Best Rock Song
    Go to War please. Although Run is great too.

Best Rock Album
    I haven't heard enough of the others yet to comment much ngl. Like I said though, I think Nothing More's album is pretty damn great.

Best Urban Contemporary Album
    How is Starboy still up for awards? It's not a bad album at all but come on. Give it to Khalid please.

Best Rap Performance
    A category full of disappointments. Just assume that for all following rap categories also.

That's just about everything I have something to say about.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • all the nominees are strong this year but anything off divide can fuck off. literally what is it doing there lmfao. i'm generally a sheeran fan (don't @ me multiply was fucking good okay) but divide is his worst work by far. anyway. glad to see lorde, kesha, and sza make it on here. kesha especially bc of all she's been through and i feel like people are finally taking her seriously as an artist now. which she's always been a great vocalist but wasn't given the material to show that off and now she finally does and i'm so happy for her and hhhhh.

guess now we just sit and wait and see where we goin.

Last edited:
    Back