• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Fandoms] Bishounen/shoujo Land

Years
  • "If you only knew the power of the dark side." -Darth Vader (Star Wars)

Here is my next question for members. Any favorite villains out there?

X-600-34531.jpg

I'll get the ball rolling with a character I think is quite underrated Yuuto Kigai from X. The X TV series and manga in general are underrated in my eyes.

Yuuto has the face of a cherub and is a Dragon of Earth, one of the seven angels who will battle the Dragons of Heaven, and usher in the apocalypse. He is on the side of the bad guys since the goal of the Dragons of Earth is to end the world, but I see this as a technicality. With Yuuto nothing is personal. He's in all other respects calm, upbeat and pleasant. It's just his job as one of the seven angels. It was the reason he was put on the planet. It's not his idea to wipe out humanity, but he's the one who fate gave the job to. He's a messenger.

I can't resist his devilish charm. I also like his relationship with Satsuki, favorite pairing in the fandom. They're so mismatched yet so perfect because they're such opposites. She's so humorless and he's so agreeable.

Yuuto I love because he is not vindictive about what he does unlike Kanoe can sometimes be. Yet he's not torn about what must be either--that would be Kusanagi. Instead Yuuto is coming from a place of neutrality. If he was born to serve the Dragons of Heaven and safeguard the world then he would do that without complaint also. The element he controls is fittingly water, and like water Yuuto is someone who just goes with the flow.

Yuuto is a good office worker, and will bring doughnuts to the ladies at work. I wish he would bring me some right now on my lunch break.

Last edited:

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    While I can't comment much on Yuuto, I really like him from your description. He's like a gentlemanly sort of "villain", perhaps more of an anti-hero since he seems to follow orders because he maybe feels as though it's his destiny. Yuuto seems to be one of those charming "villains" that audiences get attached to (sort of like Marvel's Loki in a way, though I don't know much about him, either). This man seems an interesting character to start with because he appears to be complex, not just one-note like some characters (especially villains) can be. Which there's nothing wrong with -- sometimes all you need from your villain is for them to simply BE a villain.

Let's see, how about mine? One of my all-time favorite villains is Thrax from Osmosis Jones.

tumblr_inline_o1c4pkRWYA1saqmwy_500.gif

Thrax starts out as rather enigmatic. We don't learn what type of virus he is, just that he's deadly. He starts his journey through Frank via a boiled egg that was rather nasty. The clean-up crew didn't stand a chance when Thrax arrived. Thrax murders several people, including one high-up mob boss, within his first two appearances.

tumblr_mhbljnWgPb1qmtaixo1_500.png

I mean, really. Just look at this badass.

Even after we realize his goal is to have a medical textbook written about him, or at the very least a chapter dedicated just to him, we still have no idea WHAT he is. Ebola is a common fan theory. Even as the story goes on and we get a taste of his smooth, suave, saucy personality, his history remains an enigma. Where did he come from? Does he have loved ones? We don't know. All we know is that he's a fatal virus and he's desperate to get to the hypothalamus in Frank's brain, the region (seen as a sort of control room) that regulates his body temperature.

tumblr_inline_p6m7qo6Sqy1qhxf9r_540.gif

"Get my OWN chapter in the medical books!"

(MINOR SPOILERS BELOW)
    Spoiler:

(END OF SPOILERS)

how_drunk_are_you___by_minifearling-d6qvd2b.jpg

How about a nice picture to unwind?

14659d915eafdfe3861522101103.jpg

How about two?

And I think I'll finish off my nice rant about Thrax with a beautiful scene that perfectly encapsulates everything great about Thrax. He's ruthless, he's ambitious, he's more than simply competent, he's dedicated, his voice is literally sex, and he is single-handedly one of the MOST badass villains I've ever seen. This underrated classic has plenty of gems, and Thrax is one of them.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Yes! Yes!

You catch on quick! And I definitely got attached to Loki, even though I have only seen 1 or 2 Thor films ^_^

Yuuto is a tricky character for me to describe. X has a large cast of multi-dimensional characters, particularly the antagonists, and Yuuto I find one of the more subtle personalities in the middle of it all.

His easygoing manner, placid voice and willingness to make you a cup of coffee and patiently listen to you make him hard to dislike. That being said, if his assignment was to destroy the city he would carry out that order. He has a perfect civility that distinguishes him from the other angels, but he is perhaps also the least emotionally-invested of the 7. He is detached from the morality of killing, it is just part of his job as an angel, and in the morning he will go to his other job, which is helping new couples with their marriage paperwork.

I don't often get to discuss X with others since it is an older series that has been on hiatus for 16 years T_T with no end in sight, so this conversation really made my day! I can't say how audiences overall respond to Yuuto because I know only one other X fan, but I know I'm attached to him and Satsuki--they're usually a pair. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping when Clamp goes back to working on this manga Yuuto and Satsuki are going to be some of the characters that make it to the end.

Now I really want to see Osmosis Jones! It sounds very clever. I love this Thrax already based on your description! His design is great first of all. It's really cool that all the way to the end you don't know what disease he is. I almost feel sorry for him at the same time because he just wants to be noticed. His manner too sounds irresistible. I like a villain with confidence, or even better panache.

I also agree with you that an over-the-top evil villain can still be fun, but the more complicated then the more there is to discuss!!

Now here's an antagonist who is definitely not one-dimensional or evil. Many people would argue he's not a villain, that's why I use the word antagonist since he's a gentle Pokémon lover with a noble goal, but technically he is the antagonist of Black and White or anti-villain if you are the hero.

CiCi

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Wow, that's a Clamp production? I looooved Tsubasa and Holic. Now YOU got me interested in X. Yuuto seems so cute. He's a hired gun AND a marriage counselor, pretty much xD That sounds amazing. It'll be a show my partner and I will look into! We're always looking to get into new shows, especially ones that aren't so popular since I find the hype ruins my experience. But I've never even heard of X until now so you raving about it certainly piqued my interest! Sucks to hear about its hiatus, though :( But if it's a good enough ride, it'll be worth it. :) And fangirling is a distinct possibility, especially with my apparent coffee fetish xD

Osmosis Jones gets some flack from people for being a little gross with the Bill Murray parts and for going with the buddy-cop style film, but I don't mind Bill and I loved the interactions between the street-smart cool Ozzy and the Ivy League book-smart, but rather naive, Drix. They have a great dynamic, but I think Thrax just STEALS the movie. He is the star here, don't even lie, Ozzy.

The fandom has pretty much decided that Thrax made a promise to his old lover to become the best and it makes him seem so sympathetic. He gets no sympathy in the canonical movie, though. He's just cool af so him being the villain is forgivable xP It's cool, Thrax, we still love you.

From waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over here, buddy :D

As much as I've loved the concept of N and people like N, I could never get over the hypocrisy of being a Pokemon Trainer while condemning the use of Pokemon for your own gain. That's literally what N does with his own Pokemon. And sure, he treats them well, but it seems that most people in Pokemon treat their partner's well. Like spoiled rotten well for the most part.

I guess there's no getting around SOME hypocrisy when it comes to Pokemon Training, but there's also the suspension of disbelief that I should probably employ when playing a game about yellow electric rodents that say their own names and metal sea stars that are water/psychic type but somehow can learn Thunderbolt I mean where did it even get the electricity

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Villains are always the best. >:) I have too many favorites to count tbh. I'll have to update this when I have an actual comprehensive list lol.

CiCi

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    His hair is gd fab 😍

Years
  • Hello! Can I join this club? Here's my bishounen, his name is Diego Brando.

613c7d41bb4719317d3b1ba307d3d1d6.png

Hi there! Come on in, and pull up a chair at the table friend. I'll add your name to the list.
    Diego is gorgeous!

Wow, that's a Clamp production? I looooved Tsubasa and Holic. Now YOU got me interested in X. Yuuto seems so cute. He's a hired gun AND a marriage counselor, pretty much xD That sounds amazing. It'll be a show my partner and I will look into! We're always looking to get into new shows, especially ones that aren't so popular since I find the hype ruins my experience. But I've never even heard of X until now so you raving about it certainly piqued my interest! Sucks to hear about its hiatus, though :( But if it's a good enough ride, it'll be worth it. :) And fangirling is a distinct possibility, especially with my apparent coffee fetish xD

Osmosis Jones gets some flack from people for being a little gross with the Bill Murray parts and for going with the buddy-cop style film, but I don't mind Bill and I loved the interactions between the street-smart cool Ozzy and the Ivy League book-smart, but rather naive, Drix. They have a great dynamic, but I think Thrax just STEALS the movie. He is the star here, don't even lie, Ozzy.

The fandom has pretty much decided that Thrax made a promise to his old lover to become the best and it makes him seem so sympathetic. He gets no sympathy in the canonical movie, though. He's just cool af so him being the villain is forgivable xP It's cool, Thrax, we still love you.

From waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over here, buddy :D

As much as I've loved the concept of N and people like N, I could never get over the hypocrisy of being a Pokemon Trainer while condemning the use of Pokemon for your own gain. That's literally what N does with his own Pokemon. And sure, he treats them well, but it seems that most people in Pokemon treat their partner's well. Like spoiled rotten well for the most part.

I guess there's no getting around SOME hypocrisy when it comes to Pokemon Training, but there's also the suspension of disbelief that I should probably employ when playing a game about yellow electric rodents that say their own names and metal sea stars that are water/psychic type but somehow can learn Thunderbolt I mean where did it even get the electricity

*insert fangirl squeal*
    Clamp is awesome!

I know my Xxxholic and Card Captor Sakura ^_^ I haven't seen Tsubasa yet, but I hear that some of the characters from X found their way into Tsubasa, fan favorites like Fuma, Seishiro and Kamui, an alternate timeline it seems.

Unlike the Game of Thrones books, which the author just hasn't finished writing, what I think is especially unfortunate and frustrating about the X hiatus is that Clamp actually has an ending to the manga. However, the publishing magazine Asuka worried that the story was pushing the envelope too far, so they decided not to make any further publications of the manga at the time, considering it inappropriate for the geopolitical climate. The decision to withold X was made in light of acts of terrorism in the news and events like the Kobe earthquake. The manga has things like building being destroyed. The direction the manga was going in was considered potentially too dark and disturbing for readers, so it has been halted with no end in sight. I take that to mean the angels will eventually win in the manga and the world will end, but I could be guessing wrong, the manga is left on a cliffhanger after all. There is also some use of religious allusions that might be controversial to some, characters are hung on crosses, there's dream imagery and visions that might be scary, sad scenes like characters sacrificing themselves. But that is part of what gives X it's dark fantasy atmosphere and emotional core.

I watched the X TV series and I thought it was pretty good, so I hope you enjoy it if you happen upon it.i think it works in dub or sub format. Unlike the Manga it does have an ending, I think they rushed the last few episodes a little and the finale could have been stronger, but it's still a good introduction to the world of X. It has the dynamic and intriguing characters that make up the heart and soul of the manga, and the art still looks beautiful and sleek after all these years. It's somewhere on my top 10 or 20 list. My #1 favorite anime being Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo.

There's no X 1999 movie. That didn't happen! Anyone who tells you otherwise is a blasphemous liar ;)

Another plus for Thrax I just noticed is that He's voiced by the great Laurence Fishburne! I immediately heard that his voice was cool, but I could not place it. Just got even cooler!

I think you make a very good point about N by the way. I suppose N justifies his contradiction to himself by releasing his pokemon, but I think you could make the arguement he's hypocritical. Even if he's not entirely practicing what he preaches I think that is interesting too in a way because people do espouse morals that may not reflect their way of life. Was it mentioned in the games that pokemon died or were displaced as a result of the construction N's castle? Or I am thinking of a fanfic?

Years

• I have to double post because I just thought of something, but don't want to edit and ping members a second time. So I shall make am update!

As we toast to villains, this is one lady who doesn't underestimate the importance of baaaaaawdy language! Ursula's got the curves of a side winder and moves with the pizzazz of Jessica Rabbit. She's just fun! A mature broad with sex appeal and a vivacious, insinuating contralto. A woman of class and wry wit. She is sassy, independent, a shrewd business woman and a fierce mistress of magic spells.

Ariel who? Ursula's charisma, power and humor makes her much more entertaining than a silly teen roaming around in her bra, no matter how sweet Ariel's supposed to look. Ariel does have a lovely soprano singing voice, if only she didn't give up her voice to meet a stranger with a pretty face.

The bad girl Ursula is the real star of the Little Mermaid movie. The boss is on a roll!

Years
  • Amazing club members, how would you guys feel about celebrating live action bishoujo and bishounen I.e characters. I began this club focussing on animated characters, but wonder if it is time for us to grow up and include more and more fictional characters, not just anime, games etc. I remember that Auticorn expressed interest in Klaus earlier.

If all of you out there want to start celebrating more crushes from live action TV shows and movies etc in addition to what we already do I would be willing to open the club up. How does this sound?

CiCi

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    I looooove Ursula. She is one of my all-time favorite Disney villains. Her song is my favorite villain song -- gives me chills at the end! She's so much fun and, adding to everything you'd mentioned, she's also pretty mysterious. We don't get answers to where she came from or why she is the way she is, but she's so fun and interesting people don't question it much. I like the idea of her being involved in the royal family in some way, as some fan theories go. And her loving over Flotsam and Jetsam was so endearing to me. Her poor babies </3

And I'm personally not into many live-action bishies, but I do have some that I enjoy. I prefer animated dudes. So while I don't mind having live-action bishes introduced here, I probably won't be able to relate much, haha. Andy Bernard is the only "real-life" dude I have feelings for. I like Draco Malfoy, too. Uh... I kinda fangirl over Danny Sexbang, too, but not much else is coming to mind. xD

Years
  • Did someone mention the Malfoys? That whole family is hot, father and son!

If there is no call right now for live action bishoujo or bishounen, then perhaps we will stay as we are after all. I am better with the world of animation as well, so I would be fine focussing on that. I had only a few live men cards to play. I guess I'll put them on the table while we are here since I thought them up, and get back to animations and games next. My #1 would be Erik Leshnerr/ Magneto. X-Men: First Class gave me a serious crush on actor Michael Fassbender that lasted for years!

Erik's got that James Bond style with his slick black suits and gadgets. Tall, dark, handsome sophisticated. He's likeable, being an intelligent, resourceful and a survivor. Is he really a villain? Or is he just a strong man, taking no BS? He's certainly very sympathetic, having tragically lost his family in the holocaust. He has anger in him, but who wouldn't under the circumstances? He has just cause to distrust the human race and government institutions. He also is capable of genuinely caring for people like Charles or his mother, and will fight courageously to protect the people he identifies with. In any case, he's one of my favorite characters.

Who also does it for me is Jaqen H'ghar from Game of Thrones. Jaqen is really cool and fascinating. I love the way he talks, so poetic as he kills. He sounds like a Buddhist. Tom Wlaschia is so striking and ushers in so much mystery. We need to see this actor more.

"Speak the name, and death will come. On the morrow, at the turn of the moon, a year from this day, it will come. A man does not fly…but one foot moves and then another and one day a man is there, and a king dies." -Jaqen

Both of these guys could actually work with the last question of the months since they're villains technically.

Last edited:
    Years
  • This is a game we haven't played in awhile. Rate the bishie on a scale of 1-10.

10 being the highest, a beautiful specimen of bishieness, 1 being rock bottom, hopeless case of unbishie.

I'll get the ball rolling with this young man. It's Android 17 from Dragon Ball come to pay us a visit. Remember you don't have to know the anime. Judge with your eyes. Pick a number between 1 and 10 folks.

If you rate, then it's your turn to give us a picture of a potential bishie for some else to rate.
    Who's up for the challenge?

CiCi

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Been a while since I've had the time to hop on this group! But this game sounds like fun so now seems good x3

Gonna have to give him either a 2 or a 3 out of 10. Nothing really wrong with him, just not my style of dude. He's kinda this pretty-boy looking type, which I'm sure lots of ladies (and dudes) appreciate, I'm just not one of them. Do gotta give him points for the black hair and blue eyes combo, that's hot.

How about Jet from Avatar: The Last Airbender. Boi gets a solid 10 from me, haha

giphy.gif

Years
  • I see where you are coming from totally. Android 17 has almost an angelic look, with the smooth white skin, long dark hair and blue, which makes it creepier since he and his twin sister were made to kill. I think he's mesmerizing, but I cou get why it doesn't do it for others.

I'd say this Jet guy looks pretty good. I like the windblown has an, exotic olive-skinned appearance. Feels like he could be more of a cowboy or outsider. I'll give him a 7.

I'll try a rugged-looking guy this time and not overly pretty. I like redheads. How bout Gene Starwind from Outlaw Star? What should he get on a scale of 1-10?

CiCi

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    You'd be absolutely right about Jet being an outsider! He's a rebel who uses guerrilla warfare with his Freedom Fighters to supply his own brand of help against the Fire Nation.

Ooh, I like redheads, too. And I love dudes with scars 😍 Might be a touch too muscular for me, but those scars on his face and left shoulder/arm area make up for that. I'mma give him a solid 8/10!

Now I may not be into ladies myself but why not put a lovely lady in here? What would ya'll rate Dr. Trudy Proud from the Proud Family?
    tumblr_m347o9nEld1qgp9hfo2_250.gif

Years
  • I like what I'm hearing of Jet already! Who doesn't respect a freedom fighter?

I'll keep your scar love in mind CiCi Sama! I'm picturing a second redhead fella with scars in fact, but he's thinner if you like less muscle. I will save him for later though...you might have a clue who this warrior is. ;) Since you brought over a lady, I'll repay in kind first.

Doctor Trudy's really cute, I like her bob, and you can't go wrong with full red lips and buxom. I give her 7.5

How about Yukari, fashion's IT girl from Paradise Kiss? Where does she rate on a scale of 1-10?

Last edited:

CiCi

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    The hair? 10/10. The dress? 10/10. The rest of her? Hmmm, maybe like a 6/10. But that steez, I gotta bump her up to a solid 8/10!

Ooh, let's get another girl in here before I decide to switch back to dudes. How about the stunning, responsible, dedicated Nani Pelekai? ;D
    tumblr_manjwvtVOD1rwvezyo3_250.gifv

Years
  • I know what you mean about Yukari. The way she rocks hair and outfits is 11 outta 10. Yet objectively when you look at her features she's not outstandingly pretty. Sometimes she even looks a little odd. Still something about her that just really makes fashion come to life! That's why she was a great model for George in the series. Maybe it's stage presence?

As far Nani. She's attractive, curvy, nice golden skin. I give her a 8 out of 10, mainly because I'd like to see her dress up a little more. But I like her looks!

How about Charlotte Elbourne from Vampire Hunter D bloodlust? The harsh, gothic art style of this anime won't be for everyone, but I think she's breathtaking. This woman's expressive golden eyes really do it for me. Someone rate her on the scale of 1-10.

In fact this young aristocrat has inspired a new question of the month.

Question of the Month: Name any favorite fictional couples you have!

I'll start with the doomed love affair between Charlotte and her vampire Meir Link.

Note: Your favorites don't necessarily have to be canon!

Last edited:

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Fictional couples, eh... how about these two:

images

katanagatari1.png

tumblr_oa7829hxFZ1tvso1qo1_500.gifv

These two are togame and shichika from an anime called Katanagatari — or "Sword Story". I adore these two; Togame is the smart tactician who is also kinda awkward and spazzes out here and there while shichika is like her "sword" who is generally calm and collected yet trying to adapt to their own society.these two rather compliment each other really well, kinda even relates to real world couples; like they sit and cuddle, they squabble here and there, get into some comedic ongoings, etc.

Back