• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon: Discovery

Should the beta be released sooner or later?

• Sooner! [Shorter beta]

Votes: 26 43.3%
  • Later! [Longer beta]

Votes: 35 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
I tried patching it to emerald rom and it won't patch? I also tried firered ruby same thing it says files does not patch?
When you're patching it with NUPS, switch the "If file is invalid" selection to "Ignore" instead of "Abort". Also use an Emerald rom.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
wow I missed a lot since the last update. The idea for move tutors teaching moves otherwise by TM is a lot more realistic, especially since that how it was worked in the anime (I mean come on, how does putting a disk to a pokemon's head teach a new move? With zero effort at that...) and I really like the idea of event-based evolution moments for the Eevee starter. That should be a thing for all the pokemon you gain via special event in the hack honestly, especially the Dratini if you ever get the chance to capture it. I can even see a similar scenario for a Magikarp. Lets say you get the magikarp not knowing its useless in its current state but then it evolves to protect you from some bad guys because the main character thinks it deserved a friend to keep watch over it.

EDIT: "Lock my thread, I'm done with this site

I do hope at least this project isn't cancelled entirely, but if it is that's your choice.

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
Locked as per the owner's request. Le pug, if you ever want this thread re-opening, contact Christos or myself!
Thread's re-opened, and thread ownership was given to Tcoppy.
A lot of you may be curious as to why Le pug left and why I'm the owner now. He was just tired of Pokecommunity for some reason and he just left in a very rash manor. That is all that is happening. He left Pokecommunity.

However, I still exist here, and I will be the owner of the thread for Discovery. The hack is still being worked on by Le pug and I. It's just that I will be the new owner for the thread.

Stay tuned for more updates!

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
A lot of you may be curious as to why Le pug left and why I'm the owner now. He was just tired of Pokecommunity for some reason and he just left in a very rash manor. That is all that is happening. He left Pokecommunity.

However, I still exist here, and I will be the owner of the thread for Discovery. The hack is still being worked on by Le pug and I. It's just that I will be the new owner for the thread.

Stay tuned for more updates!
So what le pug said in #626(i.e. redo entire ROM) is still valid?

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
So what le pug said in #626(i.e. redo entire ROM) is still valid?
It is definitely valid. It won't take long to get back up where we need to and when we do get back up we will probably release a new and updated version of beta one so you can play that and use those saves for Beta 2!

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Curious, I just beat the cannibal horde and I was granted access to the abandoned hall they said that someone blocked access to long ago, and I can't for the life of me find out what I'm supposed to do here. I got the lantern so I can see properly inside, but as I wander about I have no idea how to get through the one locked door in the first area. Where is the key for that door?

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Curious, I just beat the cannibal horde and I was granted access to the abandoned hall they said that someone blocked access to long ago, and I can't for the life of me find out what I'm supposed to do here. I got the lantern so I can see properly inside, but as I wander about I have no idea how to get through the one locked door in the first area. Where is the key for that door?
Why you need a key?
You can climb from windows and enter the building.

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
It should be on the second or third floor somewhere, just keep searching. It is a really hard puzzle.
awesome hack
how long is beta 1?
After you defeat somebody after the finishing the labyrinth north from Berry City.

After the labyrinth when you enter the gate game crashes
This is a very known glitch, by the time the new beta 1 will be released there should not be a problem at all! Thanks for the report though, very appreciated

Years
  • Seen Jan 9, 2017
i 'm not able to patch it, what emerald file did you use for the base?

... --- ...

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Ok I gotcha, thanks for the heads up. I'm focused more on EV training right now since I got to Berry City and maxed out Eevee's stats and am now on the Machoke I rescued from the RC. I wanna get them maxed before I go to hunt again in case there's a powerful foe waiting for me there. Plus I'm gonna search for more pokemon in the meantime to build up my squad.

Besides once I'm done with that training and catching, the next beta will likely be released so I got plenty to do before I go back into that haunted hall.

Years
I've already finished BETA and I honestly can say... that this game is really great fun and I wait for continuation :]

btw. I didn't expect 13 lvl Steelix - it wrecked my Dedenne and Espeon ;__;

Back