The Clubhouse Clubs are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests! Join or create a club here and fanaticize like a true fan!

Ad Content

#23851   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old October 21st, 2018 (3:09 PM). Edited October 21st, 2018 by G-Money.
Polychromatic Iridescence

Nature: Jolly
    Guys, I've found the key to shiny hunting!!! It's...it's...it's...

Spoiler:
    SHINY KLEFKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:laugh:

I ran into this guy last night, October 20th, at exactly 5:00 PM. It came on encounter #8258 in the Mélancolie Path on X - I've finally finished Phase I of my pumpkin-picking hunt after many, many years! :laugh-squinted: It was raining in-game that day, and shiny Klefki kinda looks like rusted keys that've been left outside, "lol." I thought the color scheme went perfectly with a Quick Ball, so I used Hypnosis and then caught him on Quick Ball attempt number three. I named him Clay, since that's how you pronounce "keys" in French, and Kalos is kinda like France and all that! :pink_love:

Back to Pumpkaboo picking!!! :boogie:

Spoiler:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by icycatelf View Post
    Super awesome congrats on that Cyndaquil, and good luck getting two more to complete the line! I personally love Shiny Quilava, at least with the shade of brown used on its 3DS model. Good luck on your Phantump/Pumpkaboo hunt as well!

Fun team! Your explanations make mine look lazy. I don't think the height factor of Hitmonchan really bother me that much, but its humanoid qualities would probably make me uncomfortable (one of the reasons I can't see myself with Froslass IRL). Mantyke is an interesting choice. Personally, I have a hard time seeing myself with fish Pokémon since, unlike in-game, many of them could only follow me/battle in water.

A tourney based on this idea could be fun!

- - -

EDIT: Not one of the cat-like Pokémon I've had my eyes on lately, but I'll take it! I ended up using the Luxury Ball I had planned for a Shiny Nincada/Shedinja because it looks so cool.

While Zangoose is clearly inspired by mongooses, I feel that they deliberately made it look more cat-like as a reference to the literal translation of the Japanese word for mongoose, "cat-ferret."

I got his nickname from Kyanite (a blue gemstone), but I'm pronouncing it as Kian (kee-in). Not sure which game I'll train him in yet, but I'll eventually transfer him to SoulSilver to join Noa (my Shiny Furret). I could totally ship these two — they even have the same Nature!
    Thanks, man! Good point about Mantyke not being able to walk around because he's a fish creature, "lol!" And you're totally right about the humanoid Pokémon being creepy to walk with - I think that's part of why having really small Pokémon is so appealing for me, haha.

Huge congrats on your Zangoose!! You always come up with the best names, haha. Good luck getting your Nincada and your cat-like shiny! You have lots of options, like Meowth, Skitty, Purrloin, Eevee...

*crowd arrives with pitchforks after hearing Eevee in a discussion of cats*

#23852   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old October 21st, 2018 (3:42 PM). Edited October 21st, 2018 by icycatelf.
    Fake Card Artist

Nature: Timid
      No prob, and congrats on the Shiny keychain! I could've seen myself with a Klefki when I was younger since I went through a key-collecting phase. I wonder how long it was after I curiously stuck them in an electric outlet that I stopped collecting them...

Thanks! I hope you get that purple pumpkin!

It's funny that you should mention Eevee since that's the one I'd most like it get. I don't see Eevee itself as a cat-like Pokémon, but Leafeon looks so much like a Siamese cat! We actually got a Siamese (or part-Siamese) kitten a couple months ago and I just want to tape leaves to her ears and tail! xD If I get particularly lucky and score a female, I'd probably name the Leafeon after her. I may just try for Meowth/Persian though since this would be for my SoulSilver team and the only way to get a Shiny Eevee would be to SR for it. I don't like SRing. Dx

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5742-6200 • deviantARTGaiaOnline
        #23853   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old October 24th, 2018 (5:40 AM). Edited October 24th, 2018 by icycatelf.
      Fake Card Artist

I was doing some quick Shiny-hunting before bed (100 encounters), planning to leave Dark Cave after 25 to hunt elsewhere. Just as I was about to exit, #25 shined!

His nickname is Japanese for "angel," referencing one of Dunsparce's Abilities in later Gens., Serene Grace (Heavenly Blessing in the Japanese games), as well as his little white wings. Tenchi (heaven and earth) may have been more suitable, referencing the former as well as Dunsparce's burrowing habits, but I don't want to think of Tenchi Masaki every time I see him. xD

I'm ecstatic about this one. Shiny Dunsparce had been my favorite Pokémon for ages and I'd been trying for a full-odds one on-and-off for close to a year I think. I had only recently started considering Wartortle my favorite, but I wonder if finding this guy will encourage me to bump Dunsparce back up to #1?

Of course, now I've got to have Dunsparce on my team for the anime game. I guess I'll drop Misdreavus for him.

#23854   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
        Old October 25th, 2018 (12:35 PM). Edited October 26th, 2018 by Darkpoké001.
        User of the Dark-Type

Nature: Modest
          Jumped back onto Pokémon Y as I'd not really played it too much recently. Was just absent mindedly hunting in the friend safari and eventually ran into a HA shiny Braixen! Very happy with this as you could imagine, wanted shiny Delphox for awhile ��

-UPDATE-

Started my first SOS chain hunt yesterday night on Moon (to minimal sucess) but continued today for a good couple of hours and eventually I got Bounsweet to shine!! Getting incredibly lucky at the moment and im happy with my first 7th gen shiny pokemon ����
          (4IVs and an Adamant nature too!!)

Ground Safari: Sandshrew, Camerupt and Gastrodon
            #23855   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
          Old October 27th, 2018 (2:42 PM).

This is my first post
              #23856   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
            Old October 29th, 2018 (6:29 PM). Edited November 4th, 2018 by Darkpoké001.
            User of the Dark-Type

I've just had THE most tense shiny battle I've ever had! After hunting for the past 3 hours I finally SOS'ed up a shiny Exeggcute!!

So I false swiped it and fainted the ally and then, for the next 40 ish turns it kept calling a new ally (brought NO pokemon with status inflicting moves with me so really thought I might lose it a silly error on my part).

Eventually it failed to call and I caught it but I'll have to be more prepared next time. Stressful.

Also, I managed to chain a shiny Wishiwashi yesterday too! I really like the schooling form with the gold details. Getting really good luck lately with the chain battles ��

-UPDATE-

I decided to go on a little hunt for Halloween and after around just an hour I can gladly say I can add a shiny Rockruff to my shiny list! �� The blue looks so amazing on it and was my quickest SOS hunt yet I believe.

And... now after 4 hours S/Ring I've finally had a shiny Chikorita come up for my new SoulSilver save! When I originally played I got a shiny Totodile on my first ever run and as I've decided to replay the game again I'm so happy to be able to use a shiny starter again!

#23857   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
              Old November 9th, 2018 (6:27 AM). Edited November 9th, 2018 by icycatelf.
              Fake Card Artist

My second full-odds Shiny in Ultra Sun!

I was trying for a better-natured Shiny Froslass, but I'll take it! I'm thinking about naming her Alaska or Zefir.

It's a shame that Snow Warning is only available as a Hidden Ability, but I'll probably raise her for use on a casual Ice-Monotype team anyway.

EDIT: Settled on Zefir and got her evolved and EV-trained. Now to level-up and work on her moveset! (Hopefully I can get that Snorunt/Froslass in the process.)

#23858   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                Old November 12th, 2018 (8:41 PM). Edited November 12th, 2018 by IcyIce.
                Fictional Writer.

Nature: Quiet
                  Hello all!! With this weekends community day in Pokemon Go, I got Shiny Cydaquil, which is now Typhlosion, which FINALLY bring my Rainbow Challenge to a close after almost exactly 10 months.. Grey was originally supposed to be this, but with ti dead in the center, I decided to cut it. I also caught Shiny Chikorita (Now Maganium) back in September.

Green: Minun
                  Purple: Swanna
                  Blue: Braviary
                  Cyan: Squirtle (Now Blastoise)
                  Black: Sandygast
                  White: Eevee
                  Pink: Barbaracle
                  Yellow: Floatzel
                  Orange: Charmander (Now a Charizard)
                  Red: Cyndaquil (Now Typhlosion)

Finished just in time for Let's Go. My original plan after I finished this, was to start Dragon Shiny Hunting, but I decided not to do that, so I don't know what I will do next. Maybe the legendary birds if they aren't shiny locked in Let's Go. Possibly also a Snorlax and Dragonite.

I might even make it a Kanto Quest, since we will be stuck in Kanto for the next year at least most likely.
                    #23859   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                  Old November 19th, 2018 (9:45 AM).

Nature: Gentle
                  So I decided to dabble in the new hunting method in Let's GO and have been successful in catching a shiny Nidoran Male (now Nidorino will be Nioking) and a shiny Vulpix who is now a beautiful shiny Ninetales

VPP: yet to hatch. Raise one for yourself at VPP
                    #23860   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                  Old November 23rd, 2018 (10:39 AM).

I recently found a shiny Duskull in 90 Dexnav encounters.
                      #23861   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                    Old November 27th, 2018 (6:07 PM).
                    Fake Card Artist

Not what I was hunting, but I found a Shiny Zigzagoon in Ruby. I named him Aki after an old tanuki OC of mine.

I suppose I'll take a little break from my Nincada hunt to EV-train him in LeafGreen, hoping to score a Shiny Meowth/Persian or Yanma in the process.

#23862   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                      Old December 1st, 2018 (3:12 AM).
                      User of the Dark-Type

Hi guys, I've been away soft resetting on SoulSilver and, this morning, my patience paid off.

After well over a week of soft resetting, Lugia finally shined! The colour is interesting to say the least but I'm so happy I've finally completed this hunt, and caught my first same game cover-legend shiny! (was an absolute pain to catch to and after Ampharos critically hit it I was really on edge)

#23863   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                        Old December 13th, 2018 (7:47 AM). Edited December 13th, 2018 by icycatelf.
                        Fake Card Artist

I didn't get that Shiny Meowth/Persian or Yanma while training my Shiny Zigzagoon/Linoone, but I did finally get my Shiny Nincada/Shedinja!

I named Shedinja "Nimbus" after an old Shedinja of mine from the RSE days. It's now a member of my main team on Ultra Sun, but I cloned it a few times before transferring so that I could still use it on some of my older games (something I regret not doing with my Shiny Mothim). I finished leveling it up in SoulSilver hoping for a Shiny Sneasel, but no dice.

I also found a Shiny Pidgey while EV-training it in LeafGreen. I evolved my previous Shiny Pidgey (from HeartGold) into Pidgeotto, so I fully evolved this one into Pidgeot. I'm still in the process of EV-training Pidgeotto (no nickname yet), still hoping for Meowth/Persian, but I've been bouncing between hunts on other games.

Additionally, I caught Pokérus twice in the past few weeks (once in Ruby and once in SoulSilver). I didn't notice until after it expired, though. Dx

#23864   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                          Old December 13th, 2018 (4:59 PM).

On the 22nd I found shiny Bellsprout #5 in 479 hordes, on the 24th I found shiny Weepinbell #3 in 182 hordes. I’m hunting for Ekans and Arbok.

On Dec 4th I found shiny Vanillite #10 in 3,846 random encounters in Frost Cavern hunting for Jynx.

On Dec 5th I found shiny Jynx in 3,989 random encounters, continuing from Vanillite. I previously found a shiny Smoochum back in Aug at the start of this hunt.

I found shiny Bellsprout #6 in 670 hordes on the 9th

I decided to take a break from horde hunting and jumped into friend safari going for Luxio. Found shiny Dedenne #2 on the 11th in 437, then #3 in 68 on the 12th and then #4 today in 44.
                              #23865   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                            Old December 16th, 2018 (7:54 AM). Edited December 16th, 2018 by icycatelf.
                            Fake Card Artist

Found a Shiny Ursaring in SoulSilver while hunting Sneasel:

I've got mixed feelings about this one. Although I'm a fan of green, it seems out-of-place on Ursaring. Then again, the green kind of makes it look like some sort of nature spirit which is kind of cool. I imagine it looking like a mossy boulder at rest.

#23866   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                              Old 3 Weeks Ago (1:46 PM).
                              User of the Dark-Type

Hi guys, me again. I jumped back on Pokémon Moon yesterday and after a relatively quick hunt ( maybe less than an hour ) I'd encountered ANOTHER SOS chain shiny, this time, a shiny Dewpider! it appeared when I checked my phone ( shinies always seem to pop up when I'm not looking ) and I really like the look of it! Hope everyone had an amazing Christmas.

#23867   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                Old 3 Weeks Ago (10:01 AM).

Nature: Quirky
                                  Had a bit of a Shiny drought lately but that ended when I was walking on Route 3 in Let's Go Eevee. A shiny Spearow came flying towards me! Unfortunately I couldn’t put it on my team since I was in the area trying to get the light up skill, and it was way below the level of my team, but still very exciting!

Name: Annabelle
                                  Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Pokémon Essentials WIP: Pokémon Spirit Platinum

Living Pokédex
                                  https://pokedextracker.com/u/lillipup03/my-living-dex

Shiny Hunts
                                  Current:
                                  Finneon SOS
                                  Y Horde Encounters

Shiny Count:

#23868   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                  Old 2 Weeks Ago (7:07 PM).
                                  Between the realm of light and darkness

Hi everyone, it´s been a long time since my last post, sorry about that, been busy with exams and end of semester.
                                    First of all, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2019.
                                    Congrats on all shinies as well and hope this new year brings a lot of shinies too.

I haven't been able to hunt, but I'm currently on vacation and hope to catch some shiny dragons.
                                    By the way, I don't know if I can post pokemon go shinies here or have to go to a thread specially for that, but a shiny is a shiny.

Here the pic:

Good thing it decided not to run, caught on december 28th and only have a week playing. Guess is like a starter luck.

Cya next time and happy hunting.
                                      #23869   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                    Old 2 Weeks Ago (10:39 AM). Edited 2 Weeks Ago by icycatelf.
                                    Fake Card Artist

Being a classic favorite of mine, I felt guilty about not having a Lickitung on any of my main teams since dropping the Shiny one I found in HeartGold from my Ultra Sun team (neglecting to clone it before the transfer). I decided to hunt another and got Lemmy in VC Gold today! :D

I'm thinking about changing his name to Limerick, sounding like two yellow edibles combined (lemon and turmeric), but idk.

Now my full-odds Shiny team in VC Gold is complete! (I may still replace a couple of them with Shinies I like more in the future though. A Shiny Jumpluff and Venomoth would be cool.)

#23870   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                      Old 6 Days Ago (8:14 AM).
                                      Between the realm of light and darkness

Congrats on lickitung icycatelf

Quick update of my hunts:
                                        Today found a shiny sawsbuck at dragonspiral tower in double grass.

Careful nature, female

Hope next time is Druddigon

Cya and happy hunting
                                          #23871   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                        Old 6 Days Ago (10:48 AM). Edited 6 Days Ago by icycatelf.
                                        Fake Card Artist

Eeee! My first full-odds Shiny Meowth! Her nature couldn't be much worse (not that I care much about natures these days), but cats FTW!

I've been wanting to get a Shiny Persian in FRLG for a while since it's practically white in these games, as opposed to other games where the normal and Shiny palette differences are barely noticeable (outside the pink ears), so now I've just got to evolve her and I'll have one!

Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by Chr. Draco View Post
                                          Congrats on lickitung icycatelf
                                          Thanks, and congrats on your Sawsbuck! Good luck with Druddigon!

#23872   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                          Old 5 Days Ago (2:15 PM). Edited 5 Days Ago by Runasutaru.
                                          Guardian Spectre

Nature: Quirky
                                            Hello, everyone!

I decided to come for my triyearly SHC visit (has it really been that long?) and saw PokéCommunity's layout has all been flipped upside down. What a change! I see that what has not changed, however, is this very club's hunting spirit. A very late welcome to all our new members. Congratulations on all your successes of the past and present! It is particularly nice to see people hunting in Gens II, III, and IV. Really good efforts, icycatelf and Darkpoké001!

Special shout-out to Chr. Draco and G-Money, you diehard veterans. I seeeeeee yoooooooou!

I haven't done any hunting for a long while now, but that can always change at any time, especially with seeing all the activity around here. Good luck on all your hunts, everyone!

~*Guardian Spectre of the Shiny Hunters' Club*~
                                              #23873   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                            Old 4 Days Ago (7:20 AM).
                                            Porygon Programmer

Hey everyone, I just posted yesterday in PGC about a new shiny hunting tool that I've been working on and finally released. Getting some feedback on it would be super helpful and I'd love to see some people actually using it!

The post is here with all the important information about it: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=417271

GTXVI Egg Swap Winner

3DS FC: 4743-0212-8273
                                            Switch FC: 1125-1684-1427

Quick Reply