• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

icycatelf

Alex
Years
I was doing some quick Shiny-hunting before bed (100 encounters), planning to leave Dark Cave after 25 to hunt elsewhere. Just as I was about to exit, #25 shined!

Dw5M97i.jpg

His nickname is Japanese for "angel," referencing one of Dunsparce's Abilities in later Gens., Serene Grace (Heavenly Blessing in the Japanese games), as well as his little white wings. Tenchi (heaven and earth) may have been more suitable, referencing the former as well as Dunsparce's burrowing habits, but I don't want to think of Tenchi Masaki every time I see him. xD

tenchi_masaki_of_tenchi_muyo-14157.jpg

I'm ecstatic about this one. Shiny Dunsparce had been my favorite Pokémon for ages and I'd been trying for a full-odds one on-and-off for close to a year I think. I had only recently started considering Wartortle my favorite, but I wonder if finding this guy will encourage me to bump Dunsparce back up to #1?

Of course, now I've got to have Dunsparce on my team for the anime game. I guess I'll drop Misdreavus for him.

Last edited:

Darkpoké0011

User of the Dark-Type
Years
Jumped back onto Pokémon Y as I'd not really played it too much recently. Was just absent mindedly hunting in the friend safari and eventually ran into a HA shiny Braixen! Very happy with this as you could imagine, wanted shiny Delphox for awhile ��

VIqgksc.jpg

-UPDATE-

Started my first SOS chain hunt yesterday night on Moon (to minimal sucess) but continued today for a good couple of hours and eventually I got Bounsweet to shine!! Getting incredibly lucky at the moment and im happy with my first 7th gen shiny pokemon ����
(4IVs and an Adamant nature too!!??????)

NDRJzwj.jpg

Last edited:

Darkpoké0011

User of the Dark-Type
Years
I've just had THE most tense shiny battle I've ever had! After hunting for the past 3 hours I finally SOS'ed up a shiny Exeggcute!!

So I false swiped it and fainted the ally and then, for the next 40 ish turns it kept calling a new ally (brought NO pokemon with status inflicting moves with me so really thought I might lose it a silly error on my part).

Eventually it failed to call and I caught it but I'll have to be more prepared next time. Stressful.

Also, I managed to chain a shiny Wishiwashi yesterday too! I really like the schooling form with the gold details. Getting really good luck lately with the chain battles ��

slKK4zO.jpg

Da7ytAc.jpg

-UPDATE-

I decided to go on a little hunt for Halloween and after around just an hour I can gladly say I can add a shiny Rockruff to my shiny list! �� The blue looks so amazing on it and was my quickest SOS hunt yet I believe.

uoCpzK4.jpg

And... now after 4 hours S/Ring I've finally had a shiny Chikorita come up for my new SoulSilver save! When I originally played I got a shiny Totodile on my first ever run and as I've decided to replay the game again I'm so happy to be able to use a shiny starter again!

rkatwPb.jpg

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
Years
My second full-odds Shiny in Ultra Sun!

0k8EMzl.jpg

I was trying for a better-natured Shiny Froslass, but I'll take it! I'm thinking about naming her Alaska or Zefir.

It's a shame that Snow Warning is only available as a Hidden Ability, but I'll probably raise her for use on a casual Ice-Monotype team anyway.

EDIT: Settled on Zefir and got her evolved and EV-trained. Now to level-up and work on her moveset! (Hopefully I can get that Snorunt/Froslass in the process.)

PvWLbe6.jpg

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Hello all!! With this weekends community day in Pokemon Go, I got Shiny Cydaquil, which is now Typhlosion, which FINALLY bring my Rainbow Challenge to a close after almost exactly 10 months.. Grey was originally supposed to be this, but with ti dead in the center, I decided to cut it. I also caught Shiny Chikorita (Now Maganium) back in September.

Green: Minun
Purple: Swanna
Blue: Braviary
Cyan: Squirtle (Now Blastoise)
Black: Sandygast
White: Eevee
Pink: Barbaracle
Yellow: Floatzel
Orange: Charmander (Now a Charizard)
Red: Cyndaquil (Now Typhlosion)

Finished just in time for Let's Go. My original plan after I finished this, was to start Dragon Shiny Hunting, but I decided not to do that, so I don't know what I will do next. Maybe the legendary birds if they aren't shiny locked in Let's Go. Possibly also a Snorlax and Dragonite.

I might even make it a Kanto Quest, since we will be stuck in Kanto for the next year at least most likely.

Last edited:
Years
So I decided to dabble in the new hunting method in Let's GO and have been successful in catching a shiny Nidoran Male (now Nidorino will be Nioking) and a shiny Vulpix who is now a beautiful shiny Ninetales

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Not what I was hunting, but I found a Shiny Zigzagoon in Ruby. I named him Aki after an old tanuki OC of mine.

I suppose I'll take a little break from my Nincada hunt to EV-train him in LeafGreen, hoping to score a Shiny Meowth/Persian or Yanma in the process.

Darkpoké0011

User of the Dark-Type
Years
Hi guys, I've been away soft resetting on SoulSilver and, this morning, my patience paid off.

sHWU90B.jpg

After well over a week of soft resetting, Lugia finally shined! The colour is interesting to say the least but I'm so happy I've finally completed this hunt, and caught my first same game cover-legend shiny! (was an absolute pain to catch to and after Ampharos critically hit it I was really on edge)

CBmIi7z.jpg

icycatelf

Alex
Years
I didn't get that Shiny Meowth/Persian or Yanma while training my Shiny Zigzagoon/Linoone, but I did finally get my Shiny Nincada/Shedinja!

PO7CboH.jpg

I named Shedinja "Nimbus" after an old Shedinja of mine from the RSE days. It's now a member of my main team on Ultra Sun, but I cloned it a few times before transferring so that I could still use it on some of my older games (something I regret not doing with my Shiny Mothim). I finished leveling it up in SoulSilver hoping for a Shiny Sneasel, but no dice.

I also found a Shiny Pidgey while EV-training it in LeafGreen. I evolved my previous Shiny Pidgey (from HeartGold) into Pidgeotto, so I fully evolved this one into Pidgeot. I'm still in the process of EV-training Pidgeotto (no nickname yet), still hoping for Meowth/Persian, but I've been bouncing between hunts on other games.

Additionally, I caught Pokérus twice in the past few weeks (once in Ruby and once in SoulSilver). I didn't notice until after it expired, though. Dx

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
On the 22nd I found shiny Bellsprout #5 in 479 hordes, on the 24th I found shiny Weepinbell #3 in 182 hordes. I'm hunting for Ekans and Arbok.

On Dec 4th I found shiny Vanillite #10 in 3,846 random encounters in Frost Cavern hunting for Jynx.

On Dec 5th I found shiny Jynx in 3,989 random encounters, continuing from Vanillite. I previously found a shiny Smoochum back in Aug at the start of this hunt.

I found shiny Bellsprout #6 in 670 hordes on the 9th

I decided to take a break from horde hunting and jumped into friend safari going for Luxio. Found shiny Dedenne #2 on the 11th in 437, then #3 in 68 on the 12th and then #4 today in 44.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Found a Shiny Ursaring in SoulSilver while hunting Sneasel:

qel5wGA.jpg

I've got mixed feelings about this one. Although I'm a fan of green, it seems out-of-place on Ursaring. Then again, the green kind of makes it look like some sort of nature spirit which is kind of cool. I imagine it looking like a mossy boulder at rest.

Last edited:

Darkpoké0011

User of the Dark-Type
Years
Hi guys, me again. I jumped back on Pokémon Moon yesterday and after a relatively quick hunt ( maybe less than an hour ) I'd encountered ANOTHER SOS chain shiny, this time, a shiny Dewpider! it appeared when I checked my phone ( shinies always seem to pop up when I'm not looking ) and I really like the look of it! Hope everyone had an amazing Christmas.

FXrrb60.jpg

Years
Had a bit of a Shiny drought lately but that ended when I was walking on Route 3 in Let's Go Eevee. A shiny Spearow came flying towards me! Unfortunately I couldn't put it on my team since I was in the area trying to get the light up skill, and it was way below the level of my team, but still very exciting!

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
Hi everyone, it´s been a long time since my last post, sorry about that, been busy with exams and end of semester.
First of all, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2019.
Congrats on all shinies as well and hope this new year brings a lot of shinies too.

I haven't been able to hunt, but I'm currently on vacation and hope to catch some shiny dragons.
By the way, I don't know if I can post pokemon go shinies here or have to go to a thread specially for that, but a shiny is a shiny.

Here the pic:
Spoiler:

Good thing it decided not to run, caught on december 28th and only have a week playing. Guess is like a starter luck.

Cya next time and happy hunting.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Being a classic favorite of mine, I felt guilty about not having a Lickitung on any of my main teams since dropping the Shiny one I found in HeartGold from my Ultra Sun team (neglecting to clone it before the transfer). I decided to hunt another and got Lemmy in VC Gold today! :D

0MJlQhK.jpg

I'm thinking about changing his name to Limerick, sounding like two yellow edibles combined (lemon and turmeric), but idk.

Now my full-odds Shiny team in VC Gold is complete! (I may still replace a couple of them with Shinies I like more in the future though. A Shiny Jumpluff and Venomoth would be cool.)

Last edited:

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
Congrats on lickitung icycatelf

Quick update of my hunts:
Today found a shiny sawsbuck at dragonspiral tower in double grass.
Spoiler:

Careful nature, female

Hope next time is Druddigon

Cya and happy hunting

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Eeee! My first full-odds Shiny Meowth! Her nature couldn't be much worse (not that I care much about natures these days), but cats FTW!

MkGkRNK.jpg

I've been wanting to get a Shiny Persian in FRLG for a while since it's practically white in these games, as opposed to other games where the normal and Shiny palette differences are barely noticeable (outside the pink ears), so now I've just got to evolve her and I'll have one!

persian.png
persian.png

Congrats on lickitung icycatelf
Thanks, and congrats on your Sawsbuck! Good luck with Druddigon!

Last edited:

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
Years
Hello, everyone!

I decided to come for my triyearly SHC visit (has it really been that long?) and saw PokéCommunity's layout has all been flipped upside down. What a change! I see that what has not changed, however, is this very club's hunting spirit. A very late welcome to all our new members. Congratulations on all your successes of the past and present! It is particularly nice to see people hunting in Gens II, III, and IV. Really good efforts, icycatelf and Darkpoké001!

Special shout-out to Chr. Draco and G-Money, you diehard veterans. I seeeeeee yoooooooou!

I haven't done any hunting for a long while now, but that can always change at any time, especially with seeing all the activity around here. Good luck on all your hunts, everyone!

Last edited:
Back