• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

icycatelf

Alex
Years
  • Found a Shiny Geodude and Bellsprout while hunting for Stunky in Diamond back in April. I'd already found a full-odds Bellsprout (and Weepinbell), but Geodude is kind of a reclaim of the Graveler that exploded in Pearl years ago (the first Shiny that got away).

Then, in May, I tried hunting for a Shiny Vanillite in Black. Ended up finding two Shinies, Herdier and Timburr, nearly back-to-back.

I found two more Shinies yesterday, my third Exeggcute (this time on VC Gold) and my first Ruby Version Shiny, Swablu. I already used my Leaf Stone for my Shiny Victreebel, so I may just use Exeggcute to breed a different Shiny since he's male. Since the Swablu doesn't have a terrible nature, I'm thinking about training her up for Orre Colosseum.

HvtSLzW.jpg

I just transferred her to LeafGreen last night, hoping to find another Shiny while EV-training her (crossing my fingers for a Meowth/Persian).

Last edited:

The Foogle

Gone For Good
    Years
  • Found a Shiny Geodude and Bellsprout while hunting for Stunky in Diamond back in April. I'd already found a full-odds Bellsprout (and Weepinbell), but Geodude is kind of a reclaim of the Graveler that exploded in Pearl years ago (the first Shiny that got away).

Then, in May, I tried hunting for a Shiny Vanillite in Black. Ended up finding two Shinies, Herdier and Timburr, nearly back-to-back.

I found two more Shinies yesterday, my third Exeggcute (this time on VC Gold) and my first Ruby Version Shiny, Swablu. I already used my Leaf Stone for my Shiny Victreebel, so I may just use Exeggcute to breed a different Shiny since he's male. Since the Swablu doesn't have a terrible nature, I'm thinking about training her up for Orre Colosseum.

HvtSLzW.jpg

I just transferred her to LeafGreen last night, hoping to find another Shiny while EV-training her (crossing my fingers for a Meowth/Persian).

Ooh noice. Still breeding for my dream Shiny Froakie with perfect IVS, naive and protean!

Just traded with a bloke earlier today and got a male shiny Frillish

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • Seeing as things got a little nostalgic around here might aswell chime in, Havent really played pokemon since sun and moon came out. I still hate them games even though I bought US/UM for my collection.

I still hunt on occasion but real life gets in the way.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I?m estactic my longest shiny hunt ended today, well sort of

I started shiny hunting for Nidoran female probably back in mid 2017. I started masuda method hunting for it in Aug 2017.

Today my horde hunting ended, shiny Nidoran female appeared at 191 hordes. I will add up all 26 shiny totals to determine # of Pokemon seen later.

Overall I found 16 shiny Nidoran males, haven?t checked natures so not sure if I have one of each, 8 Stunky?s. In Dec I found a shiny Starly on phase 19. I traded one of the males away but will list all natures later.

I?ve hatched over 3,000 eggs and counting. Will continue this hunt.

I plan to do random encounters for Nidorina. Twice if the masuda results in a male, once if female.
    I will add the other Pokemon I found this month later.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Here's the July shinies list

Stunky #8 on the 10th in 435 hordes
    Nidoran male #16 on the 15th in 87 hordes (I found a random shiny male Nidoran in my PC so this is actually #16)
    Excadrill on the 16th in 244 FS encounters
    Vanillite #9 on the 18th in 240 hordes
    Cubchoo #8 on the 23rd in 123 hordes
    Nidoran female on the 27th in 191 hordes

I found a Nidoran male in my pc from Jun 16th that I forgot to count for so the Nidoran female was actually phase 26. Adding the 25 Phases together I got 13,881 hordes. It is more with the Jun 16th Nidoran but I don't know how many encounters that one was.

It looks like one of the shiny Nidoran males had hidden ability, Hustle.

In terms of natures I didn't get one of each.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2018
    Just to chime in a bit, I managed to get 2 shinies since my last update.
    Beldum at 976 eggs at BW
    Deino at 112 eggs at BW
    Unfortunately, the nature of the deino is jolly :(

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hey guys! o/

For many years, Pokemon Gaming Central was pretty much the home of the Shiny Hunter's Club. What's changing though, is that since we've opened up a new forum dedicated exclusively to clubs, we've been wondering whether or not everyone here would be okay with this club being relocated more in our new Clubhouse forum (feel free to take a look!) rather than remaining here in PGC, but it's up to you guys.

Please let us know what you think!

EDIT: got approval from the club owner to do this, however I'm going to leave a redirect for about two weeks or so, just so everyone has enough time to catch up!

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Woohoo! Shortest Egg hunt ever! I started hunting for shiny pokemon for my rainbow challenge and in 6 Eggs I got a Shiny Sandygast!!!

Perfect pokemon for the rainbow challenge, during the summer and in Alola! Not only that but I was playing on the beach in another game when I got this one!

Spoiler:

Edit: I have now caught a Shiny Swablu in Pokemon Go! First shiny outside of a community day.

Edit 2: I have now caught a shiny Barbaracle . And since it has a good amount of pink on it, I will consider it my pink pokemon!! Only a red, white and grey to go!!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Behold, my beautiful son.

OsjI7gc.png

I think it took me between 250-320 SR's approximately, to find him, which blows my mind considering (most) Youtube videos I find about shining hunting Lapras have a ridiculous SR time. I find that insane because this is my first serious shiny hunt ever.
    The lad refused to get in my Super or Ultra balls but I somehow was able catch him using a normal ball. Once. :U

W9VJ9SC.png

so sexeh

I actually did all of it purely for curiosity. Just to see how it was like to SR hunt like Poketubers are doing. It was a pretty alright experience! I'll definitely do it again with easy mons to hunt like Lapras.
    Oh, and I'm keeping him along with Dennis, who's now a Slowking. I'm replacing him with that Milotic >:3c
    Lastly his ridiculous nickname didn't come out of the blue, it's from an original character of mine who's also a dinosaur. Because lol I guess.

Edit: Plesiosaurs, which Lapras resembles, aren't dinos, whoops

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Behold, my beautiful son.

OsjI7gc.png

I think it took me between 250-320 SR's approximately, to find him, which blows my mind considering (most) Youtube videos I find about shining hunting Lapras have a ridiculous SR time. I find that insane because this is my first serious shiny hunt ever.
    The lad refused to get in my Super or Ultra balls but I somehow was able catch him using a normal ball. Once. :U

W9VJ9SC.png

so sexeh

I actually did all of it purely for curiosity. Just to see how it was like to SR hunt like Poketubers are doing. It was a pretty alright experience! I'll definitely do it again with easy mons to hunt like Lapras.
    Oh, and I'm keeping him along with Dennis, who's now a Slowking. I'm replacing him with that Milotic >:3c
    Lastly his ridiculous nickname didn't come out of the blue, it's from an original character of mine who's also a dinosaur. Because lol I guess.

Edit: Plesiosaurs, which Lapras resembles, aren't dinos, whoops

Gratz on the Lapras!! I haven't seen one in a long time. It is one that I want to get.

As for my hunt, I caught 4 Shiny Eevees in Pokemon Go and evolved 2 of them into Vaporeons and 1 into Jolteon. My last one is sitting on my shoulder waiting to get 10km steps so I can evolve it into an Umbreon. Hopng to get a few more tomorrow to keep for a Glaceon in Pokemon Go when it comes out and a few more to try to get Flareon and maybe for Espeon and Leafeon.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Gratz on the Lapras!! I haven't seen one in a long time. It is one that I want to get.

As for my hunt, I caught 4 Shiny Eevees in Pokemon Go and evolved 2 of them into Vaporeons and 1 into Jolteon. My last one is sitting on my shoulder waiting to get 10km steps so I can evolve it into an Umbreon. Hopng to get a few more tomorrow to keep for a Glaceon in Pokemon Go when it comes out and a few more to try to get Flareon and maybe for Espeon and Leafeon.

Spoiler:

Thanks! Purple is just the best. c;

I've never really played Pokemon Go nor did it caught my interest. To me it looks difficult to manage, and I don't have any device where I can download it on either. Still, hooray for your Eevees!

As I'm typing, I'm soft resetting for a shiny Dragonair, and currently at 84. In the hacked ROM I'm playing, the Dragon's Den gift Dratini has been changed to a Dragonair. I really hope it isn't shiny locked or anything and I can SR for it like it works in the normal game. ;w;

Last edited:
    Years
  • A pink boi.

EZZdoM1.png

It only took me 331 SR's! I began hunting since yesterday afternoon and I'm happy I woke up to see him. I was hoping for a female one because I already have 3 males in my party and I wanted to sorta balance that out. I don't know why I'm so perfectionist with the genders of my team, that's just me being weird.

Edit: Goofy me, the dragon's name is spelled with 2 t's! Fixed that.

Last edited:
    Years
  • OH MY GOODNESS, ONLY 10 EFFING SOFT RESETS??!!!

Q3nBq3m.png

I SWEAR I AM NOT USING ANY ACTION REPLAY, THIS WAS IN FULL ODDS. HOLY HELL. TEN. SOFT. RESETS.

This has to be the fastest shiny of my life. Weirdest part? I began SRing while watching SupremeRk9's video on shiny Lugia, and this happened when the video reached the part where he encountered the shiny. Is this a sign? QAQ

Edit: Aight, I have it now. The catch was really clunky; I spent my masterball on it only because it began to use struggle and basically I was panicking. No way in heck I'll let it slip away from my hands. Next time I'll try to be more prepared!

jbc62ww.png

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    On Aug 6th I found a shiny Machop in Glittering Cave in 1,355 soft resets of the dark patch.
    My targets were Cubone, Kangaskhan and Lunatone so will have to try again.

On 14th I finally found shiny Azurill on Route 22. It was phase 4, I originally found shiny Psyduck, Litleo and Bunnelby. I finally decided to do the repel trick and got a level 7 Chinchou with Illuminate. To save my repel I just soft reset once it ran out. It appeared at 713 encounters. Azurill is one of my favorite green shinies.

I returned to Azure Bay to hunt for Exeggcute and found a shiny Wingull in 51 random encounters, 14 random hordes and all 14 hordes were Wingull. The last time I got a random horde shiny I kept going and got a shiny soon after so will keep going here.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2018
    Last Wednesday, I got my shiny larvitar who's now a beautiful tyranitar.
    And today I finally got my croagunk after hunting for 5 months :)
    Good luck to everyone else's hunts!

Attachments

• 20180819_171402.jpg
      20180819_171402.jpg
      1.4 MB · Views: 3
    • 20180819_171418.jpg
      20180819_171418.jpg
      1.4 MB · Views: 4
    Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I started a random encounter full odds hunt in Frost Cavern and at 128 encounters I got my shiny. Funny enough it was Smoochum.

I was horde hunting Smoochum before, got 9 Vanillite and 8 Cubchoo. So figures I get it in my first random encounter hunt in the Frost Cavern

Its my 4th 5% shiny, and since I was mainly going for Jynx and Smoochum I will keep hunting here for Jynx.

For the record I kept track of all Smoochum hordes I encountered, in 128 I saw 5 Smoochum hordes. I saw 524 Smoochum hordes thoughout the 17 shinies I found previously.

Last edited:

DarkTorchic

Chaining Master ;)
    Years
  • Back on the shiny grind!! W00t!!

Recent shinies from the past couple of days
    Eevee 220 dex navs
    Gyrados (caught as a magikarp) 190 chain fishing
    Rattata 316 dex navs

and as a non kanto bonus
    Zigzagoon (dunno how many hordes)

Spoiler:

Congrats on the recent shinies that were caught, sending shiny vibes!! ^^

UPDATE

Found some more :D

Clefairy: 5 dexnavs
    Clefable: 188 dexnavs (evolved from clefairy)
    Growlithe: 278 dexnavs
    Arcanine: 283 dexnavs ( evolved from growlithe)

7Qth2si.jpg

gAKQBtq.jpg

cAcozuq.jpg

GYFmA56.jpg

Last edited:
    Back