• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

icycatelf

Alex
Years
  • Reclaim Shiny! Sort of.

y8lVZ0P.jpg

My very first Shiny was Golbat way back in the GSC days, but I lost it with a save years ago and surprisingly never found another full-odds Shiny Zubat/Golbat until now. Funny enough, like my original Shiny Golbat, I also found this Shiny Zubat in an icy cave area.

Not what I was looking for, but still very welcome!

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
    Years
  • SHINYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY Graveler!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woot woot, my first shiny of 2019!! As a new shiny for me, Graveler's color really surprised me when it came across the screen, haha. It's like an off-orange that's surprisingly striking. I've never liked Graveler as a Pokémon and always kinda thought of him as just some lame rock who occupies caves, but shiny Graveler looks really cool, and the fifth-gen graphics look really nice on it. I found it at 3:21 PM while hunting for shiny Sableye in Challenger's Cave on Black, and it appeared on encounter #10,868 of the Phase and encounter #34,701 since I started hunting Sableye. Now I have two Woobat and a Graveler to show for this hunt - on to Phase IV!

Astoundingly, I hadn't caught a Graveler on Black yet (for real, G-Money???), so I got to see the cool shiny Graveler Pokédex entry!! I couldn't take a picture, though, since my potato's memory is full, "lol!"

When the Graveler appeared, I immediately switched to my Damp Quagsire, and sure enough, I switched right into a Selfdestruct!! "lol" good thing I brought along my Damp Poké - those abilities really do help in shiny hunting!!! :laugh-squinted: I had Quagsire use Yawn, and then I decided to start chucking Great Balls. I know that Great Balls are one of the uncoolest Balls, but I thought it'd be approriate since they're kind of overlooked (I pretty much always just skip straight from Poké Balls to Ultras in my games, "lol!") and so is Graveler, both being the intermediary versions of their respective trios. The first attempt didn't work, but then shiny Graveler fell asleep and my second Great Ball attempt was a critical capture!

I named it Igneo, since it's brightly colored and kind of has the hue of an igneous rock (I don't actually know what igneous rocks look like and I think they're actually a dark black, but its bright coloring reminded me of lava and since that's a part of igneous rock formation, I thought it'd make a cool name for a rock Poké).

So I guess you could say that this shiny...

Spoiler:

------------------------------------

Congrats on all the new shinies! icycat, Darkpoké001, and Maserati have had particularly impressive runs since my last post!

Spoiler:

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Those puns tho. xD

Congrats on the Shiny Graveler! That was the first Shiny that ever got away from me, but I fortunately reclaimed it as a Geodude... last year I think? Still need to get around to evolving it and figure out a good name for a female Golem. I really like the name you gave yours!

I got Hau'i's name from the Hawaiian word for frostbite, since he's a bitey Pokémon that I found in an icy area. Now if only Zubat/Golbat/Crobat could learn Ice Fang!

Last edited:

G-Money

Years
  • So I remembered a couple of days ago that I was in the middle of playing Pearl, which I started in 2014. I'm doing a modified Nuzlocke, where I'm allowed to bring a Pokémon back to life if I get a shiny, "lol!" (I started off doing the Nuzlocke with the rule where you're only allowed to visit every Pokémon Center once, but I stopped doing that about halfway through since it was super not-fun and I found myself skipping Trainer battles and everything since the total health I had was limited, haha. It's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more fun to play with infinite Pokémon Center visits!!! You can actually enjoy the game and level up your team and everything! :wink-right-eye:)

I got shiny Misdreavus back in 2015 to revive my starter, but then I totally forgot about Pearl, "lol." I started up again a couple of days ago and saw that I only had 4 badges, so I continued my journey, but on only my second day back, disaster struck!! A tragic calamity befell my team last night - my dear Finneon, whom I was so proud of and thought was a really clever and creative team member choice since I'd never used one before (and hadn't ever even considered having a fished Pokémon on my team but only thought of it to deal with the Nuzlocke rule of only being able to catch the first Pokémon you encounter for each Route), was felled in battle against a lowly Machop! I was aghast and crestfallen, seeing my Water-type star fall so soon after our reunion.

I would not stand for this. Finneon had been such a cool choice for my team and I'd really loved using it (along with my shiny Misdreavus, "lol!" :laugh:) that I just had to get it back!! So this morning, I doubled back to the Valley Windworks (I don't even have a Flier yet, haha!) since that's where some cool Sinnoh Pokémon are, and I resigned myself to put my Pearl game on hold once again so that I could revive my cherished Finn.

It was a real bummer, since I had just gotten back into Pearl (OMG GenIV graphics are the best!!! Sinnoh is such a fantastic region aesthetically and all the Pokémon there are so awesome!!), and now I'd have to spend months and months on end before being able to even carry on in the game. But I thought about it and realized that it'd be way more fun to play with a cool Finneon on my team, so I figured I'd toil away doing random encounters in the Valley Windworks for however many weeks or months it might take.

So I started dual-hunting when I got up today, with Pearl's Valley Windworks on one DS and Black's Challenger's Cave on the other (I put Snivy on pause since I really want to get back to playing Pearl, haha). And less than three hours after I started hunting...

Spoiler:

Also, I updated my sig for the first time in over three years!!!

LQQ59Tt.gif

Those puns tho. xD

Congrats on the Shiny Graveler! That was the first Shiny that ever got away from me, but I fortunately reclaimed it as a Geodude... last year I think? Still need to get around to evolving it and figure out a good name for a female Golem. I really like the name you gave yours!

I got Hau'i's name from the Hawaiian word for frostbite, since he's a bitey Pokémon that I found in an icy area. Now if only Zubat/Golbat/Crobat could learn Ice Fang!

Thanks! :smile:

Hahaha, I knew it would be something awesome!!! That's a terrific nickname, and a terrific reason, too! It's amazingly cool that you even knew the Hawaiian word for frostbite, "lol!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

EDIT: OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG you'll never believe this!!!!!!!

So I was going to go continue my Pearl game, and I decided to play in bed to enjoy the adventure (once again with Finneon!!!) in max comfort, "lol." But first, I took a shower and figured I'd shiny hunt a bit at the desk while my hair dried so my pillow wouldn't get wet, haha.

So in the brief time that I was waiting for my hair to dry, I put White 2 back into my 3DS and went back to dual-hunting Snivy and Sableye. And after just a few encounters for each, at 4:36 PM, who shows up but...

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    In Aug 2017 I started hunting simultaneously in hordes and hatching eggs for a shiny Nidoran f. Between X & Y, I found 25 shinies in hordes before finding the female shiny one year later.

After I found the shiny I gave up on the eggs, I had hatched 3,215 eggs.

In Dec I put a Venonat in the daycare and today I hatched my shiny Venonat in only 270 eggs. I know each egg hatched has the same odds but I can't help but feel like the Nidorans and Venonats were one chain of eggs. Also that the Nidorans were shiny locked in my game in eggs. Only thing worse then hatching 3200 eggs would be hatching a shiny male after 3200 eggs.

G-Money

Years
  • SHINY SNIVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yee-haw!! I'd been going after this guy for a while, haha! I had originally done 555 Snivy SRs on White, but then I played through the game right before I got Black 2 so that I could remember the story before going into the sequels, haha. I got White 2 for Christmas in 2015, and I've been SRing for Snivy a bit every winter since then. This wasn't my longest hunt by number of resets, but it sure felt like the longest by time - each reset takes forever on these guys, haha! I got like a bazillion shinies while having non-shiny Snivy on my other DS, "lol!" :laugh-squinted:

Snivy shone on #13,113, at 1:19 PM today. On to Oshawott! :pink_boogie:

In Aug 2017 I started hunting simultaneously in hordes and hatching eggs for a shiny Nidoran f. Between X & Y, I found 25 shinies in hordes before finding the female shiny one year later.

After I found the shiny I gave up on the eggs, I had hatched 3,215 eggs.

In Dec I put a Venonat in the daycare and today I hatched my shiny Venonat in only 270 eggs. I know each egg hatched has the same odds but I can't help but feel like the Nidorans and Venonats were one chain of eggs. Also that the Nidorans were shiny locked in my game in eggs. Only thing worse then hatching 3200 eggs would be hatching a shiny male after 3200 eggs.

Congrats on the Venonat, Maserati! I've always thought that Venonat has one of the very best color schemes of any shiny. And a super huge congrats on finally getting one of those eggs to shine!! :boogie:

I think your Nidoran♀ hunt might hold the record for most Phases of any shiny hunt ever, "lol!" :laugh:

*hopes his Sableye hunt doesn't go 26 Phases*

EDIT 2/27/2019: Shiny Mawile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another Challenger's Cave shiny! Haha, I'm sure glad I picked here to hunt Sableye - there are so many cool shinies to be found!!! Mawile appeared today (February 27th) at 4:23 PM on encounter #4382, and #44082 since I started hunting Sableye.

This was my first shiny that put up resistance in a while, taking 8 Luxury Balls to get captured. It kept dodging my Musharna's Hypnosis, too, so this thing put up quite a fight, haha! :laugh-squinted:

I think Mawile was originally found in R/S in that tower where you get Rayquaza, so I named her Raia. Bad backstory, but I'm pretty happy with the name!

I've also officially passed 999 hours and 59 minutes for Black, "lol!" :pink_laugh: On to Phase - *counts on fingers* - VI for Sableye! :boogie:

Last edited:
    Years
  • In the past i caught an Electrode, no longer have it though. Currently I have a shiny donphan and raichu. The raichu in claimed in a trade i will be doing soon though so its not available. Any offers for the Donphan?

G-Money

Years
  • Ridiculously long, unnecessary, and mildly embellished version of this post:

Spoiler:

Short version:

Spoiler:

EDIT 3/19/2019:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
    Years
  • Joining! In Ultra Moon, I have (spoilered for length):
    Spoiler:

In Let's Go Eevee, so far I only have a shiny Beedrill, chained in Viridian Forest as a Weedle - her name is Vespa, and she's the "starter" of my all-shiny playthrough. (Because you can't actually get Eevee shiny...)
    My next hunt will be Charmander. Chaining it in Route 3 sounded a bit daunting, so I decided I'm gonna soft-reset for the gift Charmander instead. ^_^

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
    Years
  • I'd love to join but I'm afraid to say I have very bad shiny hunting luck. My only successful shiny hunts have been in pokemon X with chain fishing. I got a blue stripe basculin, a luvdisc, and a Claucher. I've had my fair share of random encounters of the years. First non-event shiny was a random encounter Psyduck in Heartgold, then a Yamask in White, two shiny Rattata in Firered, and then I have a notorious Diamond nuzlocke run I did about a year ago that I encounter four random shinies on (I don't have the cartridge on me at the moment cause I'm studying abroad but I'd be happy to submit picture proof later on). But that doesn't really count as hunting now does it. XD

Currently in Omega Ruby I have a Masuda Method Cyndaquil hunt that's at about 3000 eggs. It's been running on and off for a few years so I'm not sure the exact count but it's enough that I've filled my entire PC system a few times. On my Moon file I have been soft resetting for Type: Null with 1298 resets thus far. Both these hunts are currently paused just because I don't have the cartridges with me. The hunt that I do still have going on is my masuda method Mawile hunt on Ultra Sun with 1431 eggs hatched thus far. Hoping to get a shiny soon out of that.

Darkpoké0011

User of the Dark-Type
    Years
  • Good morning all, I've claimed another shiny!

I've recently restarted Black 2 and decided to shiny hunt (I've only ever found two random shinies in gen 5) and after hunting in dark grass on this (and on White on another DS) a Trubbish shined on my Black 2! there's not too many methods to hunt shinies in gen 5 but in a way, it makes it feel much more valuable when one does!

BVxFQij.jpg

-UPDATE-

and now, at two in the morning, I ran into a SHINY KARRABLAST through random encounter! (again on Black 2)! it's so cool seeing the old shiny sprites and I'm hoping to hunt down more.

fLLg2Aa.jpg

Last edited:

Lucifer

Fallen1
    Years
  • Hello.
    G-Money invited me to check this place out.

I've got a handful of shinies, most in AS and LGE.

AS:
    Spoiler:

Platinum:
    Spoiler:

Fire Red:
    Spoiler:

Crystal:
    (Sadly the game was on it's last legs when I caught this one so I lost it shortly after)
    Spoiler:

Go:
    Spoiler:

I don't currently have screenshots of my LGE shinies. That would take a while. XD I've got:
    - Pikachu x2
    - Raichu
    - Ratatta
    - Radicate
    - Spearow x2
    - Fearow
    - Hypno
    - Mr. Mime
    - Pidgey
    - Pidgeotto
    - Psyduck
    - Bellsprout
    - Vulpix
    - Charizard
    - Bulbasaur
    - Venusaur
    (note: I had to ignore shinies of almost every Pokemon in the Veridian Forest during the Bulbasaur hunt, as painful as it was >_<)
    - Cubone
    - Ryhorn

Currently hunting/soft resetting:
    Meowth in LGE, half to level up my Psyduck.
    Rowlett in Moon.

G-Money

Years
  • Welcome to the SHC, everyone!! I'm so glad you all joined!! :pink_boogie:

With the announcement of GenVIII, I realized that I haven't gotten any GenVII shinies yet, "lol!" So I picked up my Sandygast hunt on Moon, and I've been hatching eggs there for a while. I also realized that I only have one Ghost/starter from GenVI (Honedge), so I've started hatching Fennekin eggs in X as well. I've hatched about 2700 Fennekin so far, so hopefully I'm over halfway there!

And my Oshawott hunt seems to be going much faster than my Snivy one did - I'm already up to 3425 SRs! :laugh-squinted:

Spoiler:

Welcome again to all the new members and I hope Charmander, Mawile, a cool Black 2 encounter shiny, and Meowth/Rowlett AND OSHAWOTT, FENNEKIN, AND SANDYGAST shine soon!!! :pink_boogie:

Last edited:

Lucifer

Fallen1
    Years
  • "lol" Clawdia is a fantastic name for a shiny Sneasel, haha! :laugh: And congrats on getting that shiny Bulbasaur!!

I've since changed that, her name is Gypsy now, influenced by the design of the Pokemon...I think. I haven't played Platinum in a while.

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Finally finished my full-odds Omanyte hunt! I wasn't keeping count (I never keep count anymore), but this was definitely one of my longest hunts (third or second, I think).

pjVaSQI.jpg

I'm thinking about naming him Gon (long O, like Gon from Hunter x Hunter) in reference to my worn Goniatite fossil.

Spoiler:

Also, with this, I think I want to update my team for the anime game.

JFlbfA6.jpg

dunsparce.png
    wartortle.png
    persian.png
    mothim.png
    shedinja.png
    omanyte.png

Shiny Dunsparce: My sentimental favorite and pretty much my mascot.

Wartortle: My favorite Pokémon design. One could even say that Squirtle was my Starter Pokémon. It may not have been my first in the games, but it was supposedly my first Pokémon toy (in the form of a candy dispenser). I also remember catching a turtle when I was younger and keeping it as a pet (though I ended up turning it loose).

Persian: I live with cats, one of my own, so I've got to have a cat Pokémon on my team!

Mothim: I've been really into moths for the past 5 years or so and can't help but see myself with a Mothim. (I've yet to see any adult bagworm moths, but I have seen at least two species of bagworm caterpillar.)

Shedinja: Such a clever concept! I already thought it was cool with its unique Ability and obtaining method, but it wasn't until having an outbreak of periodical cicadas and finding their shells all over the place that I really came to appreciate its concept. Definitely a Pokémon I could see myself having IRL.

Omanyte: I enjoy fossil-hunting. While most of the fossils here are plant-related, I did luck out one day and find a Goniatite ammonoid in the creek. These tiny spiral-shelled squids aren't "true" ammonites like Omanyte was based on, but they're closely-related.

Last edited:

TOKZK

Gen II veteran/breaker
    Years
  • So, my first post here, huh. Well, I've been playing pokemon liquid crystal (rom hack of fire red) and I have 7 shinies (most of them being legendaries, but oh well. Still difficult as all hell to catch). Here's a picture of my umbreon.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      73.4 KB · Views: 6

Lucifer

Fallen1
    Years
  • I've been a bit distracted with Snakewood but landed Shiny Squirtle in LGE (I apologize for the pretty bad image quality):
    Spoiler:

G-Money

Years
  • A huge congrats to all SHC members - your awesomeness has won us Club of the Month!!! :pink_boogie:

4-K7dp52-1.png

So I was training up my team in Pearl to take on the Elite Four, and I was Surfing in Pastoria City to raise up a Noctowl. I had just lost my starter (AGAIN!), and a Noctowl was the next-best Pokémon that I had caught, but it was nowhere near the rest of my team, level-wise. It had some good Psychic moves, though, so the Surfing spot in Pastoria seemed like a good place to take out some Tentacool and raise it up until it became a viable, battle-ready team member.

And then, on March 28th at 2:39 PM, who shows up but...

SHINY WINGULL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha, I didn't even know Wingull appeared here, so when it showed up, I was all like, "Huh, those wings seem...OMG SHINY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" "lol" I caught it on my first Premier Ball throw, so now I've got the team I want again! :boogie:

Over the last month, I've been hunting Oshawott on one DS and alternating Fennekin hatching, Sandygast hatching, and Sableye encountering on the other. But today, April 27th, at 5:07 PM...

SHINY OSHAWOTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:pink_boogie: Yeah! Oshawott shone on encounter #8473. After Snivy took many, many years, it was really nice to get Oshawott after only two months, "lol!" It's Timid, which seems to be a good nature for an Oshawott. It's funny to get a number so close to the expectation, haha!

Shiny Oshawott doesn't really look that different from the original, so I was watching the number on the Summary screen (it turns red for shinies!) and for the little star to tell if it was shiny, "lol."

I've also noticed that on the Summary screen, Oshawott actually rips off his chest, tosses it, snags it out of mid-air, and then reattaches it to his torso. It's one of the coolest and most unexpected things I've ever seen, "lol!" :laugh:

501.gif

On to Tepig!

Finally finished my full-odds Omanyte hunt! I wasn't keeping count (I never keep count anymore), but this was definitely one of my longest hunts (third or second, I think).

Huge congrats on the shiny Omanyte, icycat!! The photo with the fossil and the penny is really striking - I had no idea they were that small!!!

I'm also glad you posted the anime game again - now the newer members can see it, and they can post their teams if they want! I'm really surprised to see you take out Lickitung, though! :disbelief:

So, my first post here, huh. Well, I've been playing pokemon liquid crystal (rom hack of fire red) and I have 7 shinies (most of them being legendaries, but oh well. Still difficult as all hell to catch). Here's a picture of my umbreon.

Welcome to the SHC and congratulations on the shiny Umbreon! Umbreon's by far the best Eeveelution, of course.

What are the other six shinies you've gotten?

I've been a bit distracted with Snakewood but landed Shiny Squirtle in LGE (I apologize for the pretty bad image quality):
    Spoiler:

Congrats on the shiny Squirtle! What are you planning to hunt for next?

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • \
    I've also noticed that on the Summary screen, Oshawott actually rips off his chest, tosses it, snags it out of mid-air, and then reattaches it to his torso. It's one of the coolest and most unexpected things I've ever seen, "lol!" :laugh:

Huge congrats on the shiny Omanyte, icycat!! The photo with the fossil and the penny is really striking - I had no idea they were that small!!!

I'm also glad you posted the anime game again - now the newer members can see it, and they can post their teams if they want! I'm really surprised to see you take out Lickitung, though! :disbelief:
    You're the first I've ever seen refer to Oshawott's "scalchop" as its chest. I suppose the shell is part of its body, though!

Thanks! Congrats on your newbies, too (and for making CotM), and good luck going forward!

Not all ammonoid fossils are that tiny. While some specimens are even smaller than mine, some exceed 5 feet in diameter! The largest I have is about 2.5" (excluding the matrix), but I got that one on eBay. I reckon we've just got these little guys in my general area.

I love Lickitung (I was tickled to see it in the Detective Pikachu trailers), but I'm trying to pick Pokémon I could actually see myself having IRL based on my hobbies outside of Pokémon or whose real-life origins I've encountered. Dunsparce was the only exception, being the Pokémon I most associate myself with.

Last edited:
    Back