• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RichterSnipes

Not even a nibble...
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 1, 2023
I've been running into a major issue using this tool with FireRed. I'm able to import cries for the first seven Pokémon just fine. Once I import a cry for Wartortle, though, the pre-existing cry for Blastoise becomes corrupted. If I then import a cry for Blastoise, the cries for Caterpie and Metapod break entirely. They make no sound ingame, and trying to access them in the tool causes an "unhandled exception" error to pop up.

Any ideas on what might be going on here?

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Best way to deal with "cry can not have more than one channel?"

You must use a wav file that only has one channel.

I've been running into a major issue using this tool with FireRed. I'm able to import cries for the first seven Pokémon just fine. Once I import a cry for Wartortle, though, the pre-existing cry for Blastoise becomes corrupted. If I then import a cry for Blastoise, the cries for Caterpie and Metapod break entirely. They make no sound ingame, and trying to access them in the tool causes an "unhandled exception" error to pop up.

Any ideas on what might be going on here?

I'm aware of the problem and my guess is that the tool is accidentally overwriting the next cry because it isn't remembering the correct amount of space for a cry to safely be overwritten. I'll try to fix it within the next few days.

Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen yesterday
I'm not super experienced with wav editing but I guess you could try a program like Audacity?

I did, then got some error about an fmt chunk or something. Guess I'll just wait until someone posts already converted gen 6 cries.

Bulbadon

Might or might not come back
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 26, 2016
I did, then got some error about an fmt chunk or something. Guess I'll just wait until someone posts already converted gen 6 cries.

Currently the best way to insert Gen 6 cries is probably through Chaos Rush's method.

C me

Creator of Pokemon League Of Legends
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 9, 2021
Currently the best way to insert Gen 6 cries is probably through Chaos Rush's method.

Actually the whole point of Chaos Rush's method was to insert cries at 13379Hz which Pokecry doesn't do. This tool can insert cries at 13379Hz so therefore it's better than the Sappy method since it's faster.

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
I've updated the program which should fix the cry corruption issue. Additionally, some behind-the-scenes work has been done to make the tool easier to use.

RichterSnipes

Not even a nibble...
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 1, 2023
I've updated the program which should fix the cry corruption issue. Additionally, some behind-the-scenes work has been done to make the tool easier to use.
Thanks for the update! Unfortunately, the issue's still there. Now, though, the program doesn't throw up "Unhandled Exception" errors when I get to Caterpie and Metapod. I'm able to insert more cries, but it repeats after every few cries. I can't help but think that there's some sort of extra damage being done to the ROM file in the process.

If I might make a general suggestion, do you think you could make it so the program remembers where your last search for free space is? As it is it always resets to 0x720000 when you go in to save another cry.

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Thanks for the update! Unfortunately, the issue's still there. Now, though, the program doesn't throw up "Unhandled Exception" errors when I get to Caterpie and Metapod. I'm able to insert more cries, but it repeats after every few cries. I can't help but think that there's some sort of extra damage being done to the ROM file in the process.

If I might make a general suggestion, do you think you could make it so the program remembers where your last search for free space is? As it is it always resets to 0x720000 when you go in to save another cry.

Shoot, thanks for letting me know. I've actually figured out the issue so I'll get a fix up real quick.

EDIT: Hopefully got it fixed. Would you mind redownloading and letting me know if it works now? click

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 15, 2024
Does anyone know where I can find a resource containing all the ORAS pokemon cries in wav format? I couldn't find any.

RichterSnipes

Not even a nibble...
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 1, 2023
Shoot, thanks for letting me know. I've actually figured out the issue so I'll get a fix up real quick.

EDIT: Hopefully got it fixed. Would you mind redownloading and letting me know if it works now? click
Yep, that did it! Works without a problem now. Thanks!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 3, 2023
Is there a way to force the program to repoint a cry to freespace? All of my newly-inserted Pokemon are just using Bulbasaur's as a placeholder, and it defaults to overwriting that instead (which causes obvious problems...)

SidDays

Professional Lurker
Years
I can't get Sappy to work, and this (simple yet) amazing tool saved my ass. Thanks a lot! :D

Years
  • Age 42
  • Seen Aug 1, 2018
Recently downloaded it. The program refuses to load the roms.ini it came with, giving the error "Unable to load ROMs.ini!" It then immediately closes. Any clues as to why this happens?

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
It's hard to say. Probably it's not able to find the file due to having an incorrect working directory. I'll be updating the program soon so I'll make sure to try and fix that.

EDIT:

I've hopefully fixed the issue and have prepared an update for the tool. This new version should also have a few features I forgot to release a few months ago including an option to forcibly repoint the cry. Please let me know if this fixes the issue with loading the ROMs.ini (if not, the error message should be a little more verbose).

https://github.com/doom-desire/Cry-Editor/releases/tag/v1.4

Last edited:
Back