• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Do you like the starter evolutions?

Years
  • Sobble's evolutions came out totally different to what I expected tbh, but I think it's growing on me now.

What do you think of them? Did they look like what you expected?

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2022
    I don't really have a favorite Pokemon...

Pokemon such as Ho-oh, Lugia, Blastoise, & Rayquaza sold the games to me, by looking slick. Gen 3 was the last time I had that feeling. Gen 4 had some sick looking starter evolutions though, it rivals gen 1 imo.

Years
    • Seen today
    I like the Galar starters. Inteleon is my favourite, but I also like Rillaboom and Cinderace.

Design-wise, I expected nothing from them, although I was hoping Sobble's final evolution would look cool. Fortunately, it does.

What I did expect from them, is them getting a secondary typing. Something like Ghost or Psychic for Inteleon, Fighting for Cinderace, and Rock or Dark for Rillaboom.

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
  • Cinderace is meh, Rillaboom is alright but likable enough, and Inteleon is one of my favourites. I guess I'm a simple woman who sees a lizard and instantly likes anything based off it, plus it has such a cool design and theme.

I do agree they should have gotten dual typings but GameFreak probably thought to have only single types this time since the last time all starters weren't dual typed was in Gen 2.

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    I think this is the weakest generation when it comes to starter evolutions. Don't get me wrong, I really like Inteleon and Rillaboom (can't say the same about Cinderace, sadly, but Raboot is very cute), but the designs seem flat compared to other gens and I would have liked them to have a secondary typing.

Years
  • I really like all of them. Seriously, choosing one by pure preference was impossible so I just went with the type I'd never used before (Sobble). Nice that they are all of pure type, I missed that.

Funny enough, of all the starter evolutions, both middle and final, my favourite by far is Thwackey. I don't know why, I just love it.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2019
    I had a soft spot for Grookey's cute design, but after seeing his final evo, I decided to go with Sobble. He's the only one I truly like. I've came to the conclusion that they're just starting to wing Starter designs now. Eh.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • I love all of them.
    Even though Cinderace looked really plain initially but I am glad I got all of them via. Surprise Trade and tbh it's pretty decent looking to me and grew on me.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I ah happiest with Scorbunny's one, given my bias for football and the such. It's definitely my favourite of the bunch. I'm alright with Rillaboom, while Sobble's final evo is too darn thin for my liking.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2020
    I originally wasn't a fan of them that much, but then I played through and cinderace is one of my favemons of all time now. Its paws are still too small, but that aside, I love it. And the other 2 have grown on me too; my main issue with them is how they look in their models. In official art and fanart, I prefer their designs a lot more, but their 3D models are just a little bit... off. I still like them, though!

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2020
    Scorbunny line is honestly the best one for me. Cinderace is not my initial favorite but upon seeing the official artwork and also the animation for his pyroball it becomes my favorite starter final evolution of this generation.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • I honestly accepted Rillaboom and Inteleon right away but not Cinderace as I have always dislike anything soccer-ish.
    But the memes on Cinderace kicking away Togepi in the camping when they were annoyed with each lol (That made me chuckled so bad) and Scorbunny was so cute in the anime so I changed my mind about it now, and have since grew on me.

Years
  • *sees Scorbunny* Awww
    *it evolves to Raboot* Wtf is up with that name....and it's a Ninja
    *proceeds to nickname it "Ninja"* xD

I wish I chose Sobble but maybe next time. Intelion grown on me. As for Rillaboom.....that drum gives me bad flashbacks of i'm not repeating it.

If I misspelled any names please let me know.

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2022
    I do think the "Soccer Bunny" is quite unique & a great pun of sorts.

That victory kneel on both knees is hilariously lol. He is probably my favorite if I had to pick. He is like a hype guy of S/S, the most charismatic Pokemon since Misty's Golduck (That wasn't really hers.....).

Years
    • Seen today
    *sees Scorbunny* Awww
    *it evolves to Raboot* Wtf is up with that name....and it's a Ninja
    *proceeds to nickname it "Ninja"* xD

I wish I chose Sobble but maybe next time. Intelion grown on me. As for Rillaboom.....that drum gives me bad flashbacks of i'm not repeating it.

If I misspelled any names please let me know.
    You misspelled Inteleon.

Back