• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen N or Ghetsis

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2016
    If you have not beaten Black or White please do not read! Contains Spoilers!

Ok so everyone knows at the end of Black and White you have to face Ghetsis and N. In your guy's opinion, who was tougher? N had Zekrom or Reshiram -Depending on what game you have- And other very speedy and defensive pokemon. But Ghetsis had pokemon who were very tough as in attack wise. Ghetsis also did not have any legendary's but was still very strong.

So again, who was tougher? Ghetsis or N?

Years
  • I thought Ghetsis was tougher and more of a man than N was. Using Legendary Pokémon against me? What are you, twelve?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    Ghetsis is def harder

that fuckin' Hydreigon man

Years
  • I liked N mostly for his character, but in terms of which one was harder to face in battle, definitely Ghetsis. That Hydreigon can really hurt you and outspeeds pretty much anything you have.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • Ghetsis was so much harder for me! At least with N, I knew which Pokemon he had and could prepare which Pokemon I wanted to lead off. But then, Ghetsis just comes in right after your last battle and you don't have time to prepare (if memory serves) Put me at an immediate disadvantage!

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • Ghetsis was far harder than N in BW, his Hydreigon was tougher to beat than N's Reshiram/Zekrom, and it took me 3 attempts to finally defeat Ghetsis. In contrast he was far easier to beat in B2W2.

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
    Years
  • I think I would have to say that Ghetsis was a much tougher opponent. I just think that his team was so expertly put together - that Hydreigon was a major challenge to take down.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • All I can say is I am super happy that I have a Fighting type this time in Scrafty to take that Hydreigon down without too much trouble.

Years
  • I had a much harder time with Ghetsis then i ever had with N in my last playthrough of Pokemon black i beat his Zekrom with my Reshiram's dragonbreath like wow what a joke

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    Ghetsis. His Hydreigon was pretty intimidating, and he had a pretty strong team overall. N's legendary didn't pose much of a challenge, and the rest of his team wasn't too hard to beat, so that battle wasn't that memorable for me.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Ghetsis was way tougher. He's the ultimate enemy - you can't complete your objective without beating him. However. N is your rite of passage - it's like the final victory lap. Take down this one guy and you can do anything... and thus it's easier lol c:

Years
  • Ghetsis, N was a more of a deep character (he had the best character depth of any NPC). Can't ignore the fact that he was the first opponent having a legendary in his team but, Ghetsis was far tougher. He had tougher Pokemon (that hydriegon) in his team.

His seismitoad was also a challenge.

Years
  • I shudder thinking of Ghetsis' name.

N didn't give me any trouble. I think he is a wonderfully well thought out character and the subject worthy of many a fan fiction. None of his pokemon were any match for my Haxorus however, it was dragon dance and a clean sweep through his entire team. Which was fortunate since you get no chance to heal before Ghetsis.

Ghetsis however is another story. I am still traumatized from my battle with him after all this time. I thought it would be yet another straight sweep, and so it was... until the Hydriegon came out. **crawls under the bed and cries**

No matter how inaccurate his moves were, even focus blast, they seem to always find their way to my pokemon and crit hit on top it, fireblasting my poor beartic into a pile of snow and fur before he could even raise his paw to defend himself.

It was extremely disheartening to watch pokemon after pokemon I had raised with love and care get one hit k.o.ed especially after everything went so smoothly against all of his previous Pokemon.

"A day will come when you think yourself safe and happy, and suddenly your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth." -Tyrion Lannister

It felt ironic after winning hearing all that talk about how strong my pokemon's love for me was and that being the reason we won. I sat there thinking that my Pokemon probably hate me, most of them were not even conscious to hear these words. We won because I had no more strategy and resorter to pouring full restores and max revives down their throats to keep going. I squeaked by due to those tricks, but know the truth-- I was totally outclassed by Ghetsis.

I so wanted this game to be over that I didn't bother reset to get a really good nature for the reshiram I had caught earlier. I just wanted to go massage my battered pokemon, play dress up with them and try not to have a nervous breakdown.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • oh i thought this was about their character/personality oops

N was a tougher battle, I kinda swept Ghetsis I think? It's been a while, but iirc I got really lucky with crits and type advantages so Ghetsis was never really a problem. I can see why he seems tough, but I was hella overlevelled.

This makes me want to replay Gen 5. I think I will do that.

Years
  • I thought I was slick til I versed Ghetsis. Forget the hydreigon, my team was half gone by the time I took down his cofagrigus. Admittedly I'm not very good at battling, so full restores and revives were my only hope. If I'd recorded that battle, then it would be on Worldstar or something. Forget catching pokemon, the only thing I was catching was Ghetsis' fists.

Back