• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Graphics: DS-style Gen VII and Beyond Pokémon Sprite Repository in 64x64

AtecainCorp.

Rejishan awake...
Years
  • Last time i repeat which sprites i Make here...
    Beafore QC from other users <Still Credits belongs for me>
    DS-style Gen VII and Beyond Pokémon Sprite Repository in 64x64

Only backsprites... Also beafore QC

MY QC. I make one for haimon_99 Shiny Tapu-Lele palletes.

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
    Years

• No he didn't. His Tapu Bulu sprite was not accepted, in fact, it wasn't even clear. It was pixelated and it had gray outlines. The Tapu Bulu I submitted was better, it was made by Leparagon but I resized it and QCed it. Dunno if it was accepted, but the one I submitted was by far better than his. Nobody even used his as a base, correct me if I'm wrong, because the Tapu Bulu front sprite was by Leparagon resized by me, and the backsprite was made by someone else.

Sorry for this, but he has got to stop his crave for credits, its too much now. I wasn't credited for Tapu Bulu and Toucannon or Trumbeak, but you don't see me complaining, though it hurts. We are here to serve, not to see how many sprites your name represents. Its absurd. Sorry again.

PS: How are the sprites I submitted? The one with Trumbeak and Toucannon?

I see... The credits in the OP is not yet updated so yeah, if your sprite is accepted (I think many sprites of yours are accepted) then you'll be credited for the next update...

Your sprites, many of them are good! Some lacks proper shading I think...

@thedarkdragon-I saw your post and I pretty sure that Toucannon is one of them so I took the Toucannon sprite that made by princessofmusic (credit to her) and I resized the back and recolored the front and the back to match the sugimori art:

That's good... Though I like the previous one's size more, especially the back sprite... By the way, can you lend me a hand by listing the persons to credit for each sprites accepted in your compiled list including what they did? Thanks!

Last time i repeat which sprites i Make here...
    Beafore QC from other users <Still Credits belongs for me>

Only backsprites... Also beafore QC

MY QC. I make one for haimon_99 Shiny Tapu-Lele palletes.

Noted... I'll repeat, you'll be credited if your work is accepted... So please don't crave too much for credits since the OP is not yet updated...

haimon_99

SupaHabil
    Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2022
    By the way, can you lend me a hand by listing the persons to credit for each sprites accepted in your compiled list including what they did? Thanks!
    Well there it is!
    Bewear-Bulbadon,Kevin RDS and Haimon_99 Shiny and Sugimori.
    Bounsweet-leparagon,HeXeR,goranthegreat Sugimori and Haimon_99 Shiny.
    Brionne-fishbowlsoul90 Front,Haimon_99 Back,xiechaygh,Goranthegreat Shiny,Qc,Palette and Tetra Qc.
    Bruxish-Versekr Dark,HeXeR,LuckyLucci front and Haimon_99 shiny,sugimori.
    Buzzwole-JaegerLucciano23 front and academico95 shiny.
    Celesteela-JaegerLuccian23 front and Haimon_99 shiny.
    Charjabug-Versekr Dark,HeXeR front,PandiRocks@17 Qc and Haimon_99 shiny.
    Comfey-Versekr Dark,HeXeR,fishbowlsoul90 and Haimon_99 shiny and sugimori.
    Cosmoem-Wobb front,shiny.
    Cosmog-Luigi-player front and Haimon_99 back and shiny.
    Crabominable-Z-nogyroP front back and shiny.
    Crabrawler-HeXeR front,Noscium front,Bulbadon front and Haimon_99 sugimori and shiny.
    Cutiefly-Kevin RDS,Elazulmax,Noscium front,xiechayghe and Haimon_99 sugimori and shiny.
    Dartrix-Leparagon front,Haimon_99 back,shiny and sugimori,xiechayghe and academico95 Qc.
    Decidueye-HeXeR,Pokemon-Diamond,thedarkdragon11 and Haimon_99 shiny.
    Dewpider-Haimon_99 front,back,shiny and sugimori.
    Dhelmise-Front leparagon and Haimon_99 back and shiny.
    Aloan Diglett-fishbowlsoul90 front,Haimon_99 back and shiny and Goranthegreat sugimori.
    Drampa-HeXeR,fishbowlsoul90,PandiRocks@17 Qc,LuckyLucci Qc,thedarkdragon11,goranthegreat sugimori and Haimon_99 shiny.
    Dugtrio-Haimon_99 front and shiny,Goranthegreat Sugimori and back resizing and Layell back.
    To be continue>>

Note me if i forgot someone

Last edited:

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
    Years
  • Note me if i forgot someone

Im going to continue it I just need to go to somewhere.

Thanks! By the way, can you also indicate if what they did (e.g. front or back sprite, Sugimori or shiny color, QC for front or back sprite, resize for front or back sprite)? I know I'm asking too much but it will greatly benefit everyone, make my OP update come earlier, and can reduce some crediting issues here...

Just edit your post above, I'll keep an eye on that...

UPDATE: I decided that we'll now be using the Turtonator back sprite found in haimon_99's compilation! Once the front sprite's "problem" will be fixed, it will also be replacing the currently accepted front sprite...

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2021
    well hey there
    so i tried to resize it according to what thedarkdragon11 asked for and here's what it looks like

(the one on the right is the new sprite)
    but now the shell is a bit elongated and turtonator's shell is somewhat round so that has to be changed plus the leg also needs some work, also in the official artwork the tail is posing outwards like in the sprite i posted earlier that is the sprite on the left so i still recommend using that
    also i'll not edit it anymore nor post more sprites for some time because i'm not getting much time from studies because i have my university exams in a couple of months (wish me luck :P) so yeah that's that
    anyways, cheers :D

Last edited:

haimon_99

SupaHabil
    Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2022
    I just gonna upload some JaegerLucciano23 sprites combined with our ones.I dont know,maybe one of them can be one of the sprites on this thread.

Crabrawler front by jaegerlucciano23 back by Z-nogyroP sugimori by me:

Golisopod front by jaegerlucciano23 back by leparagon shiny by academico95:

------Edit
    I saw that the imgur post was gone for some way so im uploading it again
    https://imgur.com/a/OxXOY

Last edited:

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    darkdragon, those sprites you were accepting into the op looked fine except for all of the ones that have been getting QC'd since. When I'm on break I'll sit down and do some QCing of my own to help everyone out.

Also, it would be super great if you could, instead of linking to the imgur page of each 256x64 image, you used the tags to actually have the sprites show up on the page. It's a hassle to click each one and go to its separate page when you need to look at a bunch of them at once.

It'd also be cool to include a "last update: [date]" thing in the OP but I haven't looked at it closely so that might already be there.

edit: haimon, the old Shiinotic front was fine as it was. There was and is literally no reason to do anything to it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2017
    I made a shiny sprite using JaegerLucciano23's Araquanid sprite.
    Since I haven't made 5 posts here yet, I can't post any links.
    It'ld be nice if someone could post the image giving the due credits:
    http: // imgur. com/ a/ V8EaO
    Just delete the spaces in the link above

Trev

Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    Spoiler:

Here is the mimikyu edit I've wanted to do for a while

Literally the only edit I would like to see on this is a saturation of the shiny palette, but otherwise this should be the one we use. The arm thing is weird, it makes Mimikyu way too small, and the palette was wrong on it anyway.

EDIT: I forgot to mention this, but it's important. When you're making a sprite, you shouldn't follow the official art's shading if it doesn't match the game's shading. The reason Mimikyu's shading was wrong was because whoever made the original sprite followed the shading on the official art, but if that popped up in game, it would look severally out of place.

Anyway, here's Wonderwall Cosmoem.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2017
    I've seen Magearna's sprite and... Are its shiny colours the same as the normal ones?

PandiRocks@17

The Mighty Hacker
    Years
  • I see... The credits in the OP is not yet updated so yeah, if your sprite is accepted (I think many sprites of yours are accepted) then you'll be credited for the next update...
    Your sprites, many of them are good! Some lacks proper shading I think...

That's okay, I don't really focus on credits that much, but, if you want to accredit me, here are the sprites I have submitted which are accepted by you. :)

Tapu Bulu and Tapu Lele

Salandit and Salazzle

Trumbeak and Toucannon

Alolan Forms

Oricorios (Pa'u, Sensu, Baile and Pom-Pom)

Primarina

Stufful and Bewear

Wishiwashi, Sandygast, Bruxish, Charjabug, Drampa V1, Mimikyu, Pyukumuku and Togedemaru

Drampa V2

Those are the sprites I submitted here and got accepted. Its okay if you don't credit too. {:3}

Trev

Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    Hey guys, this might come off a little snooty and I might be overstepping myself here, but could we possibly keep discussion of sprite credit out the thread? You can solve these issues over PM or VM with darkdragon as an alternative. It's really hard to know what to QC when people keep reposting old sprites that are either unedited or no longer being used.

haimon_99

SupaHabil
    Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2022

That's okay, I don't really focus on credits that much, but, if you want to accredit me, here are the sprites I have submitted which are accepted by you. :)

Alolan Forms

I dont know if you knew or not,I made the back sprite of diglett and I did upload the front of fishbowlsoul and mine back combined alot of time ago.I just dont understand why you say that its your sprite?

Last edited:
    Years
  • Though I like the previous one's size more, especially the back sprite...
    To be honest, I prefer that one, because all the other Toucannon sprites crash my PGE. This one doesn't, so it definitely gets my favor. (This is supposed to benefit romhackers anyways)

Also, to note, various other sprites have ALWAYS crashed my PGE as well, including Moon Lycanroc, Cosmoem, and Dhelmise. So you might want to try syncing them up first. I'd try it myself, but Pokecommunity doesn't allow me to upload links because of my inactivity. :{

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
    Years
  • well hey there
    so i tried to resize it according to what thedarkdragon11 asked for and here's what it looks like

(the one on the right is the new sprite)
    but now the shell is a bit elongated and turtonator's shell is somewhat round so that has to be changed plus the leg also needs some work, also in the official artwork the tail is posing outwards like in the sprite i posted earlier that is the sprite on the left so i still recommend using that
    also i'll not edit it anymore nor post more sprites for some time because i'm not getting much time from studies because i have my university exams in a couple of months (wish me luck :P) so yeah that's that
    anyways, cheers :D

It looked that way because the sprite is not properly resized... The aspect ratio of the resized sprite should always be the same with the original sprite... Should it exceed the 64x64 limit, that is when a repose of some body parts should happen...

Anyways, it's ok and good luck with your studies!

I just gonna upload some JaegerLucciano23 sprites combined with our ones.I dont know,maybe one of them can be one of the sprites on this thread.

Crabrawler front by jaegerlucciano23 back by Z-nogyroP sugimori by me:

Golisopod front by jaegerlucciano23 back by leparagon shiny by academico95:

------Edit
    I saw that the imgur post was gone for some way so im uploading it again
    https://imgur.com/a/OxXOY

I think those are better, we'll use them instead...

darkdragon, those sprites you were accepting into the op looked fine except for all of the ones that have been getting QC'd since. When I'm on break I'll sit down and do some QCing of my own to help everyone out.

Also, it would be super great if you could, instead of linking to the imgur page of each 256x64 image, you used the tags to actually have the sprites show up on the page. It's a hassle to click each one and go to its separate page when you need to look at a bunch of them at once.

It'd also be cool to include a "last update: [date]" thing in the OP but I haven't looked at it closely so that might already be there.[/QUOTE]

Which sprites in particular?

Originally, I post the sprites that way... However, the images consumes too much space... Just take a look at the way the resource threads post their sprites...

[QUOTE="LuccaSSC, post: 9514287, member: 565887"]I made a shiny sprite using JaegerLucciano23's Araquanid sprite.
    Since I haven't made 5 posts here yet, I can't post any links.
    It'ld be nice if someone could post the image giving the due credits:
    http: // imgur. com/ a/ V8EaO
    Just delete the spaces in the link above[/QUOTE]

The sprite looks smaller than it should be, so yeah...

[QUOTE="Awkward., post: 9514309, member: 324622"][spoiler]Merry Trevmas - Today at 2:43 PM
    z, that new mimikyu sprite
    uh
    who the hell

Z-nogyroP - Today at 2:45 PM
    hang on which mimikyu sprite

Merry Trevmas - Today at 2:46 PM
    [URL]https://i.imgur.com/PCbkjxt.png[/URL]
    it's not bad but uh

Z-nogyroP - Today at 2:46 PM
    oh

Merry Trevmas - Today at 2:46 PM
    the arm thing
    is questionable

Z-nogyroP - Today at 2:46 PM
    yeah no i'm... not a huge fan of that one

Merry Trevmas - Today at 2:47 PM
    the old one wasn't phenomenal to be fair but
    this is just interesting

Z-nogyroP - Today at 2:47 PM
    it's too desaturated and it looks more like it'd be suited to an emerald animation frame[/spoiler]

Here is the mimikyu edit I've wanted to do for a while

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/GGRzQEM.png

Literally the only edit I would like to see on this is a saturation of the shiny palette, but otherwise this should be the one we use. The arm thing is weird, it makes Mimikyu way too small, and the palette was wrong on it anyway.

EDIT: I forgot to mention this, but it's important. When you're making a sprite, you shouldn't follow the official art's shading if it doesn't match the game's shading. The reason Mimikyu's shading was wrong was because whoever made the original sprite followed the shading on the official art, but if that popped up in game, it would look severally out of place.

Anyway, here's Wonderwall Cosmoem.

The reason why I didn't approve of that Mimikyu sprite is because it is quite larger than it should be...

With the bold statement, the in-game colors are too saturated for GBA games that they don't look so fine to be used with the generic trainer sprites... We are using Sugimori-colors here because the official artwork colors are less saturated... Although, some colors are also subject for some modifications if it still looks saturated or very desaturated...

Did you make that Cosmoem? That's nice!

I've seen Magearna's sprite and... Are its shiny colours the same as the normal ones?

As far as I know, shiny Magearna in regular forme (I mean, not the Pok?ball forme) has the same color as its normal color...

Tapu Bulu and Tapu Lele

Salandit and Salazzle

Trumbeak and Toucannon

Alolan Forms

Oricorios (Pa'u, Sensu, Baile and Pom-Pom)

Primarina

Stufful and Bewear

Wishiwashi, Sandygast, Bruxish, Charjabug, Drampa V1, Mimikyu, Pyukumuku and Togedemaru

Drampa V2

Those are the sprites I submitted here and got accepted. Its okay if you don't credit too. {:3}

Noted!

Hey guys, this might come off a little snooty and I might be overstepping myself here, but could we possibly keep discussion of sprite credit out the thread? You can solve these issues over PM or VM with darkdragon as an alternative. It's really hard to know what to QC when people keep reposting old sprites that are either unedited or no longer being used.

Agree with this, I think that's better...

To be honest, I prefer that one, because all the other Toucannon sprites crash my PGE. This one doesn't, so it definitely gets my favor. (This is supposed to benefit romhackers anyways)

Also, to note, various other sprites have ALWAYS crashed my PGE as well, including Moon Lycanroc, Cosmoem, and Dhelmise. So you might want to try syncing them up first. I'd try it myself, but Pokecommunity doesn't allow me to upload links because of my inactivity. :{

That's because you're using the sprites as they posted it... I also noticed improper coloring in almost every new submissions (most exceed the 16-color limit)... That's also the reason why I'm having trouble posting updates as earlly as possible because I'm trying to fix every sprite colors...

Years
  • Hey guys, this might come off a little snooty and I might be overstepping myself here, but could we possibly keep discussion of sprite credit out the thread? You can solve these issues over PM or VM with darkdragon as an alternative. It's really hard to know what to QC when people keep reposting old sprites that are either unedited or no longer being used.

To further this, I will allow you guys to run a separate thread temporarily to sort out all the credits together as it is important, but I can understand that it's taking up a majority of conversation here.

Also I'm still working on the revamped rule edits, but I'll give you guys the current credit template I'm going to implement.

Under the image (not in a hidden credit list in the bottom), is

(Original Artist Name (non-direct link to image, a link to where the sprite was posted that contains the artist who posted it and the date it was posted) , Where it was posted, Date, Usage if Applicable (a link that shows where it says it's able to use, if it's free to use in the first link just say free usage here))

Code:
    [PLAIN][SIZE="1"]([URL="enter art url here"]Name of artist[/URL], Website, Date image was created, [URL="enter usage url here (opt)"]permission or free usage[/URL])[/SIZE][/PLAIN]

Example:

(princess-phoenix, deviantart, 11/27/14, free usage)

(leparagon, deviantart, 08/1/16, permission)

Leparagon doesn't state on the actual image page if the sprite is free for use or not, so we go search his main page. On it, he says "Please ask before using my sprites, and let me know what you're using them for. Thanks". So you would ask permission on his main page or the sprite's page and use that link. We're using where someone else asked for reference.

Also, we're going to pretend this next sprite has been edited for the community use, such as backsprites added or the pallet shifted.

(leparagon, deviantart, 10/15/14, permission)
    edited by: Nina, colours, & Archy

In the edit credits, a link to a profile only is appropriate as they might not have a specific place they posted it other than the thread.

Phazon Elemental

roving snob
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2021

As far as I know, shiny Magearna in regular forme (I mean, not the Pok?ball forme) has the same color as its normal color...

Yep. Magearna only looks different as a shiny when it's in original-color mode. I believe that a palette change is the only difference between the two forms, as well.

Trev

Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    Which sprites in particular?

Originally, I post the sprites that way... However, the images consumes too much space... Just take a look at the way the resource threads post their sprites...l

The reason why I didn't approve of that Mimikyu sprite is because it is quite larger than it should be...

With the bold statement, the in-game colors are too saturated for GBA games that they don't look so fine to be used with the generic trainer sprites... We are using Sugimori-colors here because the official artwork colors are less saturated... Although, some colors are also subject for some modifications if it still looks saturated or very desaturated...

Did you make that Cosmoem? That's nice!

I'll answer that when I get on a computer.

I can resize it. As for the palettes, GBA palletes are already super saturated so it shouldn't be a big issue. I'll test it for you just to be 100% certain.

I didn't. I grabbed it from the thread, from whoever posted the most recent version, and just did a shitload of editing. I'll add them when I get the chance.

Trev

Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    Here we go.

Spoiler:

Also, here's the updated version of Mimikyu.

Old:

New:

I reduced it to 90%, added some extra shading, and fixed up a small error on the tail in the backsprite.

Here's how it looks in game:

To me, it looks perfectly fine, but if you think that it needs to be desaturated, then I guess go ahead with it.

And finally, I got Cosmoem's sprite from this post.

Back