• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon FireRed: Rocket Edition (Completed)

colonelsalt

Guaranteed to raise the smile
Years
  • Great hack i loved it so much i actully finished all the curently available missions.Is the new update on its way?
    I'm happy to hear you enjoyed it, Mr. President.
    When will the game be done?
    We're looking at most likely two more major beta releases, so maybe 1-1.5 years until final release? These dates are tough to estimate. If that's dishearteningly far off, see below for more info on beta 3's release.
    Anyone know how to solve the sidequest involving Miss Hoenn (I believe that was her name)? Looking for the job that completes her quest. Already got the Amulet Coin.
    I believe that is not until the next beta.

PS: anyone who gets the amulet coin is a horrible person :(
    DDriggs00 is indeed right -- Miss Hoenn's arc does not conclude until the next beta (or later; I'll get back to you;)).
    Hello,

this hack is great in many ways and I really enjoyed playing it. I always wanted to play a pokemon game as a member of Team Rocket and you just fulfilled my wish.

Only thing that bothered me is random freezing, which occurs on literally any place in a game (happened to me in Diglett´s cave, Rock Tunnel, random house in Lavender Town, e.t.c.). It was not a big problem for me, because I save really often and even loading the savestate solves the problem, just wanted to let you know that it happens sometimes.

Anyway, I wish you good luck with your work and I can tell that I will be the first in line to play next release.
    I have played the hack twice (good way and bad way) and never had that problem. What emulator are you using?
    Thanks for the support!

Have had the same experience as DDriggs00 here -- ever since my initial bugfixes for beta 2.1 I haven't found any freezing bugs when using the emulator settings I listed in the downloads section. Would be great help if you could tell me what emulator and device you're using, Busunder.
    So just started the game and I just got the quest to go talk to Bill. My pokemon aren't obeying me and I just realized its because I had vba set to the wrong save type. I set it to the right save type but is there any way to may my pokemon obey me now?
    EDIT: My solution was to uses cheat to get all badges
    Sounds like a good solution for the time being-- since a lot of people have ended up in this situation, I'll look into fixing this for beta 3 so people who realise they have the wrong save type late won't be out of luck.
    I've been inactive on this site for a while, but I'm very excited to see someone picked up where toxic purple left off. Game looks great and I'm eagerly waiting and hoping for game completion. I'm patient, so keep up the good work.
    This is definitely the best hack of all time. And I'm so glad that you are still working on beta 3. Please don't give up on this and turn into another toxic purple lol.

Seriously great job pal!
    I really love the game and I hope it continues soon:)
    Pretty excited to see this amount of progress ColonelSalt, hope to see more updates as you have them :)
    We are the ones that have to thank u for such a great hack and for the time u spend on it
    i registered here just to say thanks to colonelsalt for making this hack. hands down this is the best hack for me
    ;)
    Thanks so much to all of you who keep on posting your support -- even during relative dry periods. I read every post and message related to Rocket Edition even if I'm often lazy about replying, and I appreciate it so much. Really want to get the next release out as soon as I can for you guys.

Squeezing in a bit of progress whenever I can, but to be honest this time of the year (April-May) is particularly hectic. I am, however, aiming to repeat last summer's spurt of productivity and grind out a new release by this autumn. Believe me, I want to say earlier, but with the experience from last time of all the little unforeseen things that tend to pop up along the way, September is a realistic timescale I can work with.

Also hoping for a couple of more non-spoilery screens up very very soon.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2019
    Hey colonelsalt r u planning on continuing the story of team rocket in jhoto when you finish with kanto?
    (Btw i love this hack rom thx 4 making it)

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2017
    Perhaps this has already been addressed, but there are 11 pages of comments and I just can't. But when I patch my Fire Red Rom (which works by itself) I get a white screen. I have switched save types on my emulator. I have tried every single save type. It stays white no matter what. Is there anyone that has any kind of idea what the problem could be?

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2022
    Perhaps this has already been addressed, but there are 11 pages of comments and I just can't. But when I patch my Fire Red Rom (which works by itself) I get a white screen. I have switched save types on my emulator. I have tried every single save type. It stays white no matter what. Is there anyone that has any kind of idea what the problem could be?
    1. Make sure you're using the Squirrels FireRed rom.
    2. Delete any save files (if they exist) before changing the save type to Flash 128k.

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2017
    Interesting bug: I'm fighting a Lass just outside of Lavender town. My spearow uses fly and her pigeotto uses Gust. Somehow, even though I'm in the air, the gust still hits.

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2017
    Hey I seem to be stuck at the top of Pokemon Tower. Mr. Fuji just keeps telling me it's a fool's errand and I should get away from Giovanni. But I can't fight him or whatever it is I have to do to finish the mission. Did I miss something?

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2019
    Just wanted to stop by and say how much I love this hack. I've always wanted to play as a Rocket Grunt and I like how it's more story based. Really excited for the next beta which from what was said will have trade evolutions.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2017
    Hello I have a problem I use a GBA emulator and I don't know what to do so that I don't use my progress In Next update
    Sorry if this is the appropriate thread.
    I use Android phone and I use emulator for GBA

Years
  • Hello I have a problem I use a GBA emulator and I don't know what to do so that I don't use my progress In Next update

Just patch the new beta with the same name as the original, then overwrite the original.

colonelsalt

Guaranteed to raise the smile
    Years
  • Exams all done and ready to rock and roll again. Give me a couple of days to detox, and progress on Beta 3 will be back in full force. Positively twitching to get this thing out there. Thank you guys so much for the wait.
    02/09 Its my birthday it would be the best present ever :)
    Just dropped in to say that I love the game, and I Can't wait for the next beta!
    Thanks for the great game!

PS: I love how you made it much more story-based than the average game.
    2nd September is my birthday too!!! ������������
    WOW this Hack is AWESOME!!!!!! I am HOOKED!
    Any updates? :)
    Hey colonelsalt r u planning on continuing the story of team rocket in jhoto when you finish with kanto?
    (Btw i love this hack rom thx 4 making it)
    Just wanted to stop by and say how much I love this hack. I've always wanted to play as a Rocket Grunt and I like how it's more story based. Really excited for the next beta which from what was said will have trade evolutions.
    Thank you guys so much. Really appreciate it.
    Updates will be much more frequent going forward, promise :) As to story details... you'll have to wait and see.
    1. Make sure you're using the Squirrels FireRed rom.
    2. Delete any save files (if they exist) before changing the save type to Flash 128k.
    Yup, solidsmeagol is right-- the white screen happens from patching to a ROM that's not a FireRed Version V1.0 (yes, e.g. possibly a file involving something about Squirrels; you didn't hear it from me.)
    Interesting bug: I'm fighting a Lass just outside of Lavender town. My spearow uses fly and her pigeotto uses Gust. Somehow, even though I'm in the air, the gust still hits.
    I think Gust can strike even if the target is in the air. The same way Earthquake hits a target unferground.
    Yep; actually not a bug ;)
    Hey I seem to be stuck at the top of Pokemon Tower. Mr. Fuji just keeps telling me it's a fool's errand and I should get away from Giovanni. But I can't fight him or whatever it is I have to do to finish the mission. Did I miss something?
    This is very very interesting-- I have not seen this bug before; thanks for reporting it. Looked through my code, and it seems like a trigger that should have been set in the Lance-Steven scene on the S.S. Anne hasn't gone off for you for some odd reason. I assume you haven't used any GameShark cheats or anything? If you send me your save file I can get it fixed up if you want.
    Hello I have a problem I use a GBA emulator and I don't know what to do so that I don't use my progress In Next update
    I'm still not 100% sure whether old saves will work on beta 3, but I guess your best bet is just hang on to your save file for now and check again here for updates.

ASDBUDDY

The Derp
    Years
  • Exams all done and ready to rock and roll again. Give me a couple of days to detox, and progress on Beta 3 will be back in full force. Positively twitching to get this thing out there. Thank you guys so much for the wait.

Thank you guys so much. Really appreciate it.
    Updates will be much more frequent going forward, promise :) As to story details... you'll have to wait and see.

Yup, solidsmeagol is right-- the white screen happens from patching to a ROM that's not a FireRed Version V1.0 (yes, e.g. possibly a file involving something about Squirrels; you didn't hear it from me.)

Yep; actually not a bug ;)

This is very very interesting-- I have not seen this bug before; thanks for reporting it. Looked through my code, and it seems like a trigger that should have been set in the Lance-Steven scene on the S.S. Anne hasn't gone off for you for some odd reason. I assume you haven't used any GameShark cheats or anything? If you send me your save file I can get it fixed up if you want.

I'm still not 100% sure whether old saves will work on beta 3, but I guess your best bet is just hang on to your save file for now and check again here for updates.

Hi, umm also one can obtain an EEVEE for free in Celadon city even before you steal your first pokemon idk if you have left that there intentionally or just forgot to block that, I thought I'd let you know. Sorry if this has been addressed before hand in the long pages of comments XD.

Mikachu

Veteren Trainer
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Cali
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    Just checking in on how everything's going. Congrats with finishing exams ColonelSalt and best wishes for your progress on the hack and also life out side of the hack as well :)

Back