• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotW #58] Pokémon Torzach: The Legend Begins (We're back in action, people!)

Shall we show you the Super Powerful Legendary?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vannah☆

Spriter
Years
  • Oy, okay... Hemshawk looks awesome! I don't think there is anything wrong with him... So...

219wbvs.jpg
    There was too much black outlining, I'm sorry to say. Plus, I changed a few other things too.

Ok, if you're going to make that arm less pointed, you need to bring it in a bit too. The brown needs to come in. And you ruined my freshly curled leaf. xD Also, put that brown color back where it was on the green around the eyes. Otherwise it almost looks like he has a beak. And take away those two brown pixels at the top so he looks more bouncy with his...wig. xD (like I had it.) And for some reason the ball I had on the left of the head was cut off. o_o Dont do that. That needs the black outlining. ;) Or dark ish at least. I like that you enlarged the right shoulder ball though. =3 The fluff on the neck looks like its not really connected. either get rid of the outline under the chin or make some around the neck wig.

Westrmistr

Westermeister
    Years
  • Ok, if you're going to make that arm less pointed, you need to bring it in a bit too. The brown needs to come in. And you ruined my freshly curled leaf. xD Also, put that brown color back where it was on the green around the eyes. Otherwise it almost looks like he has a beak. And take away those two brown pixels at the top so he looks more bouncy with his...wig. xD (like I had it.) And for some reason the ball I had on the left of the head was cut off. o_o Dont do that. That needs the black outlining. ;) Or dark ish at least. I like that you enlarged the right shoulder ball though. =3 The fluff on the neck looks like its not really connected. either get rid of the outline under the chin or make some around the neck wig.

oarfxf.jpg
    Okay, I un-edited some things, edited others.

EDIT: Hm... It seems no one else is paying attention to Runcass...

Vannah☆

Spriter
    Years
  • oarfxf.jpg
    Okay, I un-edited some things, edited others.

EDIT: Hm... It seems no one else is paying attention to Runcass...

Again, the brown on the outskirts of the green around the eyes. o_o Unedit it. And the left ball, leave it how I had it.
    The tail needs some black out lining, and the body needs to be rounded more by the left armpit. xD

Westrmistr

Westermeister
    Years
  • Again, the brown on the outskirts of the green around the eyes. o_o Unedit it. And the left ball, leave it how I had it.
    The tail needs some black out lining, and the body needs to be rounded more by the left armpit. xD

Oh, reh, reh, reh...

Okay...

2rdki1x.jpg
    There. Happy? I say it looks perfect. >.>

EDIT: And I edited Hemshawk.
    2a7epow.jpg

Last edited:

13ullseye.

Sexy Time
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Feb 9, 2011
    that chicken looks alot like the digimon .. oo and im really confused about what questions to ask and what not to ask because of the other thread closing down but any way i hope im allowed to ask here..... ummm are you guys going to make the pokemon move like in all the other games ?

Years
  • I think the moves are the same, but I'm not sure.

To clear things up some, basically if you want to apply for a job and help the team post in the Team discussion thread.
    Most questions about the game and critiquing work/posting work will be in this thread.

Vannah☆

Spriter
    Years
  • Oh, reh, reh, reh...

Okay...

2rdki1x.jpg
    There. Happy? I say it looks perfect. >.>

EDIT: And I edited Hemshawk.
    2a7epow.jpg

Edited from West's.

hem.png
    Noticed you changed the eye, so I played around with that. For those who hated the left wing, I put it behind, but I think it looks worse that way. Put the head tuffs down even more.

silly-1.png
    You didn't get what I was talking about with the eyes. xD Made him look smile-ish. xD;

Last edited:

13ullseye.

Sexy Time
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Feb 9, 2011
    I think the moves are the same, but I'm not sure.

To clear things up some, basically if you want to apply for a job and help the team post in the Team discussion thread.
    Most questions about the game and critiquing work/posting work will be in this thread.

thanks for clearing things up

Westrmistr

Westermeister
    Years
  • Edited from West's.

hem.png
    Noticed you changed the eye, so I played around with that. For those who hated the left wing, I put it behind, but I think it looks worse that way. Put the head tuffs down even more.

silly-1.png
    You didn't get what I was talking about with the eyes. xD Made him look smile-ish. xD;

For one, it's not supposed to be "smile-ish."

143dcwi.jpg

And two, it just looks like there's too much black outlining. But, I edited some details, ect.

Vannah☆

Spriter
    Years
  • For one, it's not supposed to be "smile-ish."

143dcwi.jpg

And two, it just looks like there's too much black outlining. But, I edited some details, ect.

It can be whatever we want it to be. xD It was frowning in the concept, but here... you cant read its expression? xD And the black utlining makes it look more official. This is just too spotty for my tastes.

Lyzo

Back from vacation
    Years
  • Truth said west, I like the one Vannah edited better, it's a bit darker which I think fits with this sprite. The black outlining also makes the sprite come out better in my opinion, which indeed makes it look more official.

Westrmistr

Westermeister
    Years
  • Truth said west, I like the one Vannah edited better, it's a bit darker which I think fits with this sprite. The black outlining also makes the sprite come out better in my opinion, which indeed makes it look more official.

-.-

I'm tired of people saying "I like Vannah's better." Where I did the most work out of Meestlee, Tropie, and Runcass. They just brand it Vannah's because she edited them. "Wow! That's awesome!"

And spotty? What's spotty? I almost had to completely copy off your outlines! What the heck do you mean?! That thing is almost a clone!

143dcwi.jpg
    silly-1.png

Now, I see you added a little more detail to the fluff crown, but that's not the problem.

EDIT:
    rc8u3a.jpg
    THERE!

Last edited:
    Years
  • I think what she means by spotty is like without solid outlining its kinda "pixel-y" at the edges (outside parts of sprites) but I'm not sure.

I think we should all calm down now, all people are trying to do is help critique the sprites so this game/hack can be awesome. They're not trying to pick favorites or anything.

Vannah☆

Spriter
    Years
  • EDIT: Skyhart couldn't have said it better. o-o West, if a sprite bothers me, and I'm involved with this game, and I'm a spriter, then I'm going to use the best of my ability to make it look official. You're getting there, but sometimes you're just a little off target. I mean, mine aren't perfect either. There's probably someone out there who could edit them to make them look even better. I just want our sprites to make a great hack. I don't want someone choosing one fake over another because the lines are a bit messy or the shading's not perfect, you know? I want every single sprite to be as perfect as possible.

As for the most recent edit, it's pretty much perfect now. But on the left arm one pixel on the bend of the arm is making it look a little too box-ish. Just delete that pixel, and it's perfect, I think.

Years
  • I'm pretty sure everyone here loves both your's and Vannah's art.
    We are just critiquing, we're not trying to be mean to one or the other.

Westrmistr

Westermeister
    Years
  • ... I know that, and I want Torzach to be awesome. But hey! It already is. Over 300 Fakemon, new story, new region, plus even more! I just don't like people hanging over my shoulder and fixing all my mistakes. Like if I want to beat a certain part of a game, and the guy next to me asks to do this part because I'm having a little trouble. If I allow that person to help, later they will use "but I got you there!" Or "without me, you wouldn't have beaten the game!" Ect. Same here. I don't like being treated that way. When they say "I'm sorry West, Vannah's is better" it's just an edit. If I'm not mistaken, that COULD count as art theft. But it wouldn't if you got permission and edited it, plus gave credit. And you cant really use the "but it's for the hack" card. Fair is fair, and people have rights. That's just it. I know some people do like my work, but from the comments we get, it sure doesn't sound like it.

Remember: "Actions speak louder than words." ... Although all we can type ARE words. .__.But you get my point.

Vannah☆

Spriter
    Years
  • ... I know that, and I want Torzach to be awesome. But hey! It already is. Over 300 Fakemon, new story, new region, plus even more! I just don't like people hanging over my shoulder and fixing all my mistakes. Like if I want to beat a certain part of a game, and the guy next to me asks to do this part because I'm having a little trouble. If I allow that person to help, later they will use "but I got you there!" Or "without me, you wouldn't have beaten the game!" Ect. Same here. I don't like being treated that way. When they say "I'm sorry West, Vannah's is better" it's just an edit. If I'm not mistaken, that COULD count as art theft. But it wouldn't if you got permission and edited it, plus gave credit. And you cant really use the "but it's for the hack" card. Fair is fair, and people have rights. That's just it. I know some people do like my work, but from the comments we get, it sure doesn't sound like it.

Remember: "Actions speak louder than words." ... Although all we can type ARE words. .__.But you get my point.

=/ Im sorry you feel that way. If the sprites weren't going to be inserted into this game that I'm involved with, I wouldn't care about editing it at all. But because I'm a part of this too, again I want the best sprite possible to be inserted. I don't know if I'm just being an awful team member for my editing all the time, and that's for you to decide, I suppose. Nevertheless, I think my concern is primarily with the game, and that's all I'm focused on, really. ^_^' I want the game to be outstanding, and I'm never going to abandon it. It's a team effort. Call it art theft if you will, but I'm just trying to make it the best it can be. :x I'm really not the best person to talk to you about it though obviously since this is still going on. =/ Probably should have worded that differently, but... Simply stated, it is less me and more we. There.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I totally understand your point of view West, but no one is trying to steal your work, and I'm sure Vannah would be fine with saying that "mostly the sprite was yours and she just edited it a little."
    I personally love both of your work, and I respect what both of you do, its not easy to sprite.
    Although I understand what you mean by "but it's for the hack".
    I'm sure that Vannah isn't editing your work because she wants to keep it over you later by saying "I helped you on the edit". She's just wants to help out, just like the rest of us who are critiquing.
    We're not trying to be mean by critiquing, we are trying to help, by pointing out details.

If I have some how been mean with some of my critiquing in the past, then I fully understand and apologize.

Westrmistr

Westermeister
    Years
  • =/ Im sorry you feel that way. But if the sprites weren't going to be inserted into this game that I'm involved with, I wouldn't care about editing it at all. But because I'm a part of this too, again I want the best sprite possible to be inserted. I don't know if I'm just being a bad team member for doing this all the time. But I think my concern is primarily with the game, and that's all I'm focused on, really. I want the game to be outstanding, and I'm never going to abandon it. It's a team effort West! Call it art theft if you will, but I'm just trying to make it the best it can be. :x I'm really not the best person to talk to you about it though obviously, since this is still going on. =/

Okay, but I bet you $100 that everything I said will come true...

So, is anyone else going to comment on the sprite?

Edit:
    I totally understand your point of view West, but no one is trying to steal your work, and I'm sure Vannah would be fine with saying that "mostly the sprite was yours and she just edited it a little."
    I personally love both of your work, and I respect what both of you do, its not easy to sprite.
    Although I understand what you mean by "but it's for the hack".
    I'm sure that Vannah isn't editing your work because she wants to keep it over you later by saying "I helped you on the edit". She's just wants to help out, just like the rest of us who are critiquing.
    We're not trying to be mean by critiquing, we are trying to help, by pointing out details.

If I have some how been mean with some of my critiquing in the past, then I fully understand and apologize.

Thanks. But I still bet $100 that some of the things I've said will come true.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back